Toy Hobby Market exclusive Henkei (Classics) Seeker redeco

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Toy Hobby Market exclusive Henkei (Classics) Seeker redeco

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.toyhobby.jp/commodity_param/ ... 810319870/

More details will follow in May.

My money's on Skywarp.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Clay

Post by Clay »

What's "Toy Hobby Market"? A Japanese brick-and-mortar store, or some kind of online thing?

Surprised it's not e-Hobby since they usually jump at the chance to host random repaint exclusives.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Clay wrote:Surprised it's not e-Hobby since they usually jump at the chance to host random repaint exclusives.
I wouldn't rule them out yet...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

I'm going with Skywarp as well, though I'd chuckle if it were, say, Thundercracker (not that I am one to point and laugh, I bought one via ebay a year ago...decent price too). And yes, I wouldn't rule out ehobby either. A Warps/Cracker set or Dirge/Cracker set maybe, assuming it is seen as feasible. Or worse, the florescent green seeker that appeared in (I think) Divide and Conquer and give it a trite name like Acidrain, or a gold plated/transparent/black/even more transparent Starscream.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Clay wrote:What's "Toy Hobby Market"? A Japanese brick-and-mortar store, or some kind of online thing?
According to SydneyY over at TFW2005, it's the TakaraTomy counterpart of Hasbro Toy Shop.

(e-Hobby is still a semi-independent entity)

As far as I recall, the only other Toy Hobby Market Transformers exclusive thus far was last year's Basic Frenzy (FAB Frenzy).
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It'll be Sunstorm. He'll come with some salt to rub in the wound caused by the lack of a proper release for Dirge and company...
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

inflatable dalek wrote:It'll be Sunstorm. He'll come with some salt to rub in the wound caused by the lack of a proper release for Dirge and company...
Yep Sunstorm it is but the neat thing is as its a Japanese exclusive the wound-rubbing salt is the stuff the large lads throw into the ring at the start of a Sumo bout.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I'm guessing Skywarp as well, but neither company has a precedent for respecting the other's exclusive releases.

The Kiss Hot Rod was a general release, but the Hasbro version was a convention exclusive.

The super-limited red version of Excellion was only available with a Galaxy Force DVD purchase, but Hasbro put out a general release version of the same thing.

<scratches head>

I'm sure more examples are out there. Usually what's a general release in the US is an exclusive later on in Japan, and vice versa. But sometimes the exclusive comes first.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Don't ya know! It's Thundercracker, in his Action Master colors!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Clay wrote:I'm sure more examples are out there. Usually what's a general release in the US is an exclusive later on in Japan, and vice versa. But sometimes the exclusive comes first.
The most extreme example thus far would be the Lawson exclusive "Blackout 4500X version", whose only difference with Hasbro's mass retail "Premium Series" Blackout would be a... what was it? A rougher/darker-looking coating or something? The paint mask is supposedly identical.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Maybe they got that nerdy bloke to write a contrived bio around some Season 1 generic?

NAME: VIOLETISER
FUNCTION: GRAND HIGH SUPER KING OF ALL DECEPTICONS

BIO: Despite only appearing in a couple of frames, Violetiser is actually an incredibly important completely kosher G1 Transformer you'd have loved to have owned as a kid. She's been in the background of Transformers history throughout the series, thanks to a unique super chameleon mechanism that allows her to change into anything she wants - she was the Season 3 version of Galvatron, the Jazz that won that race in FFoD, that kid's hat in the manga and that one frame of TF:TM where Blaster's got a red forehead. Her other roles for the Tripredacus Council of Black Convoys and Roadjammers include covering any plot hole you'd care to mention, producing Takara's G1 timeline and canonising that fanfic I wrote.

She also ****ed Starscream. I really really wish she could **** me, though. I've drawn pictures and everything.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

It'll be Starscream.

But in the Masterpiece green, compliment the "anime" MP release.

Or maybe blue, a la Animated (or, y'know, Supermode Micron Legend)

That would piss people off, wouldn't it. "It's not Thundercracker, it's a blue Starscream." Just like the black Starscream premium that wasn't Skywarp.