Anyone collecting Toy Biz figures (LOTR, Marvel Legends) - help needed.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

Anyone collecting Toy Biz figures (LOTR, Marvel Legends) - help needed.

Post by Sir Auros »

Ok, so Toy Biz makes some beautiful sculpts and has pumped out several likes of well-detailed, highly articulated figures at incredibly low (or very low compared to Transformers) prices; however, many of their figures have a consistent problem that irritates the hell out of me.

Swords, Wolverine's claws, and other thin pieces of plastic have a tendency to become permanently bent in the packaging and I have failed to find a way to reshape them. I have a couple of Lord of the Rings swords that are just bent to one side and a Wolverine (not ML, but from the new X-Men line) with claws that all bunch in together.

Does anyone know of a way to permanently fix these issues? I'm really considering writing into Toy Fare since this would be something I'd like to see them ask Toy Biz or at least address in their mailbag.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Hmm i had the Same problem with Gambit's staff....i decided to wrap it with a layer of sticky back plastic to keep it's shape, it kinda worked.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not sure whether it'd work, but I know with PVC figures you can heat them with a kettle and it makes the plastic more malleable, and you just bend them to where you want. Dunno if it'd work with more heavy-duty plasty though :(
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Hmm has anyone seen the Captain Britain figure floating about yet?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Yeah, my Walmart had them out for a few days two weeks ago and now they're all gone. I think they were put out there accidentally since it was my understanding that the Walmart exclusives were supposed to be a summer thing.

Wish I'd bought a couple of Kitty Prydes.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Swords, Wolverine's claws, and other thin pieces of plastic have a tendency to become permanently bent in the packaging and I have failed to find a way to reshape them.
Customise?

http://www.jinsaotomesdangeroustoys.com/archive.html
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Hey Luke, I have had some success with taking the weapons, putting them in between to hard pieces of either wood or metal, and applying some pressure via a wood clamp, and then using a hairdryer for about 15 minutes in the exposed areas of the two slabs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium