[Original RPG] End of the Line: Breakout (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

End of the Line: Breakout (Autobase)

Post by Scout »

On Earth, the two Autobot citybots Metroplex and Fortress Maximus are busy making preparations for the retake of Cybertron. Unbeknownst to the Autobots, two cloaked shuttles - full of Decepticons - lie in wait and ready to attack.

Continued from:
http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... adid=33983
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Brig, Fort Max

"Just makin' conversation," Squeezeplay told Spectro with an undercurrent of annoyance in his voice. "No need to get upset."

The Headmaster shrugged slightly.

"The buggers got me in Japan," he said slowly.

Security Office, Metroplex

"No problem," Smokescreen told Mirage. "Red and I are talking about the same project, so it's actually a good idea for you to let both of us know what's going on."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Max Halls

"Roger that good buddy 10-4 , i'm putting the pedal to the metal.

Landfill revved his engine and followed Skids.

"I will procede, according to you proposed strategum."

Quickmix transformed and followed the others.

Ricochet leant out of the cab window.

"that is to say we are right behind you oui."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Ravine, enroute

Skids smiled.

" Thanks Ricochet. "

" Quickmix and Landfill, what a pair of good buddies for a peaceful and interesting mission ", he thought happy.

" Well, I had already downloaded into my memory banks all the necessary data about mineral extraction, but I'll need your opinion, advice and skills on this matter. None of us are geologists, like old Beachcomber, but I'm sure we'll success " he told the targetmasters.

Skids sent a transmission to Big Daddy and his micros.

" Big Daddy meet with Quickmix, Landfill and me on the ravine, please ".

" Do you have any idea about another Autobot useful for the mission? " he asked to Quickmix and Landfill.

---

Metroplex Command bridge

" All clear Prime ", replied Ultra Magnus. " Is there any problem? "

Magnus turned his head and sent a smile towards Arcee.

" Thanks to be here, with me " the city commander said with his optics.

---

Fort Max

Dogfight wasn't sure about to join Dirge and Swoop, but afterall he wasn't on duty.

" Hey, wait! " said the small triggerbot while following his long- legged comrades.
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Near the Nova

"Right behind you, commander" Sixshot replied, prepping his guns as he followed Cryotek out of the shuttle, shrugging as he asked "We picked a particular target or not?"

Ravine, enroute

Wheeljack had transformed to his vehicle mode and followed the other silently, keeping Quickmix and Landfill between himself and Skids. As far as the engineer was concerned, he was only going to suggest the race-track construction to Prime himself.

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek looked over at Sixshot.

"Right now we get into Metroplex and get me to a terminal." He explained bringing out a disk.

"I was going to say lets find their main defensive systems and slag them but decided putting a virus in their systems would be just a touch easier. The fun part is getting in." He said a sly smile on his face.

"Watch for Autobot security meausres. We do have the benefit of being at night and the stealth unit on the shuttle will give us a blanket area outside of the Autobots radar systems. Basically we get to Metroplex get in find a terminal of any type and give me a fwe moments to get the virus in their system. After that we get out and wait for Hatemonger. The other group has the job of finding Spectro." He said as he started to walk towards the woods.

"Well lets rock and roll. Speak to me on coded bands from now on using our internal audio systems. Don't want to wake up any Security patrols." He said.

Viewfinder and Spyglass looked at Bludgeon.

"So we have a toy we are going to give Spectro to help him get out of there. But it looks like Squeezeplay is trying to get information out o him. Thankfully he is playing dumb now." Viewfinder said to the Pretender.

"So whats the toy?" Spyglass asked.

"This." Viewfinder picked up a sizable explosive device. "Has a nice timer that should give Spectro plenty of time to get out or cuase plenty of panic and disorder all of which are fine. I am placing in subspace now." Viewfinder smiled.

"Smart." Spyglass said.

Brig

Spectro decided to continue to annoy Squeezeplay something didn't seem right but he wasn't sure what it was.

What's that? he thought as Viewfinder started to use their mind link.

Ohh, very well Spectro nodded. He then looked up at Squeezeplay.

"So it's odd how did you get captured considering the fighter you are and such?" He asked the Headmaster.

Annilator

Hatemonger guided the massive shuttle knowing he had given the other groups a window of time to complete their missions.

"If we arrive too early we shall wait for our comrades to finish their plans. If they have trouble then we attack." He explained to the group of Decepticons onboard.

"We will comply." Razorclaw said looking at the other Predacons.

"Just give me an Autobot to smash." Overlord said looking up from a monitor.

"Me too." Ruckus said cracking his knuckles, he hoped to pound Dirge into the ground but anyone would do.

"As long as we live." Flywheels said.

"Oh I wouldn't worry about that." Hatemonger said and continued to guide the ship.

Annilator

Razorclaw looked at the other gestalt teams on board.

"So any good ideas on a plan of attack or just kill kill kill" He asked Motormaster, Hun Grr and Snaptrap.

More Annilator

Ruckus looked at Runabout and Runamok.

"I bet I can get a higher body count than you two." The triggercon said eager for a scrap. Though a scrap with Autobots.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Security Office, Fort Max:

Nightbeat: -watching and listening to Squeezeplay and Spectro on a sub monitor- "Hosehead, did our guest have a concussion?"

Hosehead: "No."

Nightbeat: -calls up the file footage shot of Spectro before Squeezeplay was put in the brig, compares it to Spectro now- "Uh oh."

Ironhide: "Do Ah wanna know?"

Nightbeat: "He's lucid. He's gone from being a head lolling decerberate to being able to hold an actual conversation."

Ironhide: "Means he was fakin'?"

Nightbeat: "He wasn't faking before. I helped interrogate him. His mind wasn't connected."

Ironhide: "Aw, slag....." -activates commlink-

Nightbeat: -calls out through doorway- "Prowl! You still out there?"

Bridge, Fort Max:

Prime: -over commlink- "Glad to hear it, Magnus. We believe there's a Decepticon attack imminent-"

Ironhide: -voice coming from a bridge comm panel speaker- "Prahme! Our pris'ner's tawkin' normal!"

Grimlock: -stands- "Good. Maybe ask more questions now....."

Prime: "Never mind imminent, Magnus. There's Decepticons here now! Bring Metroplex to red alert status!"

Grimlock: -looks over at Fortress- "You hear Prime."

Fortress: -already reaching for the button marked 'Condition Red'-

Black Heart:

Bludgeon: -fixing Viewfinder and Spyglass with a spark-numbing glare- "Make him understand that he is not to use it until I tell him to. Do I make myself clear?"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Viewfinder nodded.

"Not an issue there. At this point he's holding out anyway." He said back to the Pretender.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Security Office, Fort Max

Prowl's head snapped 'round as he heard the urgent call.
Immediately, he turned and crossed the floor in a few quick steps answering with a 'brief me' tone as he reached the doorway.
"I hear you Nightbeat. I'm here."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: "The prisoner's coherent. At a guess, his teammates are nearby. And unless they've come to beg, they probably brought friends." -shrugs- "Personally, I'm hoping they came to beg, or at least ask nicely. Be nice for a change....."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Outside Fortress Maximus: Entrance
"Already on my way." Mirage replied quickly to Smokescreen. The spy had anticipated needing to meet up with the tactician, so he had begun the lengthy trek toward Metroplex.
------------------------

Prowl frowned deeply, and in a fraction of a second, turned solely to business, giving only the slightest grave nod to Nightbeat.
He hit a communication button and reached for a base alarm to recall all Autobots within 100 miles outside the citybots back to city territory as he swung into a weaponry console.

"Fortress, shift Maximus to battle station mode immediately.
Nightbeat, alert Prime, Magnus and Red Alert, keep a watch on those prisoners"

"Ironhide, our ranks are not secure. Go to the bridge- findOptimus and watch both of your backs. Use caution."

He began to read the massive list of stats.

Primary cannons online. Primary lasers online. Interior motion detectors 65%. External motion detectors 92.4%. Laser backups 45% - charging. Primary deflection shielding - 94.234% - online...
----------------
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

enroute to the ravine

Quickmix was thinking

"the obvious candidate would be Beachcomber....."

Ricochet was looking out of the window idly

"they did a good job of making a fake airfield oui, it should hopefuly decoy any decepticon attack."

Boomer looked up from a flashing light on Quickmix's dash

"looks like were gonna find out pretty soon."

Landfill commed Skids

"Whats the plan Skids do you reckon we can make it back to the cities in time ."

~*~

Chainclaw was on the edge of a wooded area when the alarm went off

"slag Cons are on their way , just when i 've got this incipient case of pad rot coming on I reckon."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Brig, Fort Max

Squeezeplay shrugged.

"What can I say, Spectro? That bastard Catilla used some sort of poison on me," he lied with more skill than he would have given himself credit for. "Really screwed up my mind for a while. Don't really remember much, but I think I just walked on the shuttle with them by choice."

The Headmaster shook his head in well-falsified disgust.

"But the up-side," he added in a cunning whisper, "is that no one thought to take my guns away...I've still got them in subspace. So if we can get our cuffs off, we can get out of here and get some payback."

More loudly, he added, "How's the knee? It looks like they had a Dinobot do the repair work.."

Annihilator

"Nnnn," Hun-grrr responded to Razorclaw. "My unit can engage whatever ground forces the Autobots send out. Gnnn...I think you and the Seacons would fare better against their combiners."

Black Heart

Bugly's optics went blank for a moment, then he started and turned to Bludgeon.

"They know. We have to move now!"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Razorclaw nodded to Hun-Grr.

"Don't forget we have the Stunticons as well." He added. "Also I am sure Hatemonger and Overlord can do their share of the slaughter as well." He added.

Cryotek looked at Metroplex.

"Slag." He said looking at Sixshot then smiled.

"This is going to be even more fun looks like they know we are coming." He quickly got onto his comlink on an encrypted frequency to Bludgeon.

"Sorry to bug ya. But have one of the Reflectorcons get this on a disk." He said quickly uploading the virus he made for Metroplex to the computers on the Annilator.

"Thankfully the Autobots are about as smart as humans using Windows More Money In the Bank." Have on of them get that disk in a terminal the fun code I put on their should do the rest." He added. "Good luck on your mission Six and I are going to have some fun!" With that he charged using the woods and the shadows to conseal his movment.

Hatemonger listened in on the Decepticon bands.

"Looks like they are on to us. This will be more fun that I thought." He said as he looked at the way the two cities were assembled. "May have to change the attack plan slightly." He said to himself.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Windcharger almost laughed as the alarm sounded from Prowl

"So much for playing with rocks." He grinned happily and waited within Metroplex for further orders.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex Command Bridge

" Decepticons? " repeated Ultra Magnus; " I'll bring Metroplex in full red alert inmediatly, Prime! "

Ultra Magnus sent a general meassage to all the Autobots stationed in Metroplex.

"At all Autobots stationed on Metroplex, all hands to battlestations; we're turning to red alert status, I repeat; we're turning to red alert status. "

The city commander then looked at the bridge ceiling, a grim glance on his optics.

" Metroplex " he asked, " the Decepticons are coming. Prepare yourself to transform into battlestation inmediatly. "

" AFFIRMATIVE COMMANDER" replied the deep voice of the citybot.

A set of yellow ligts started to flash in the bridge, as in the rest of Metroplex rooms. The citybot started his transformation into battlestation.

Ultra magnus looked at Scamper, who was running the sensor station.

" Scamper, any signals of the attack? "

" Nope " replied the drone.

Ultra Magnus raised from his seat and walked nervously but determined around his command chair.

" Scamper, send Six-Gun and Slammer and a squad of drones to the main entrances. We need more optics there. "

Magnus turned his head and sent a glance towards Arcee.

" Arcee, can you take control of the tactical station? "

---

Ravine

Skids used his state-of-the-art brakes to stopped himself suddenly.

" Turn, turn, turn! back to the base! " he said to Quickmix, Landfill and Wheeljack while changing his direction and rolling as fast as he could - not much, sadly - towards Fort Max. Skids began to scan the area, afraid to discover any Decepticons hidden and ready to attack.

" Quicmix, Landfill; can your partners cover us while we retreat? " he asked.

---

Metroplex Medbay

Slammer received Scamper's message, while hearing Ultra Magnus general call and watching the yellow lights.

" I'm going to secure the nearest main gate ", said the drone to the Autobots gathered there. " Anyone with me? " asked while leaving the bay.

Override throwed away his pulish kit and handling his impressive guns, left the Med Bay quickly following the drone.

---

Fort Max landing bay 2

The Aerialbots received Prowl's call.

" Aerialbots, transform! " said Silverbolt.

The five jet-bots take off and starting to pratol Autobase perimeter.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Ravine

Landfill and Quickmix pulled U turns and took up a position on either side of Skids

"time to earn your pay lil buddys" Landfill said

Flintlock grinned

"you mean we actually get paid for this."

The four Nebulans quickly assumed there positions mounted on their partners ready for action.
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

*Arcee gave a not tward Magnus*

"Will do Magnus."
Aero Blade

Fort Max - Halls

Post by Aero Blade »

As the doors were openned, Dirge glanced into both, but he then took a moment to wander into his room and look around, seeming a bit amazed. He'd known Autobots' quarters were larger than Decepticon rooms, from the short time he'd spent in a temporary group bunk when they'd gotten back to earth, but he'd not expected it to be so well furnished. At best he'd expected a bed and some kind of communication equipment, but nothing like this.

Dirge's investigation was cut short, though, as some kind of alert had started to go off in Fort Max. he jet quickly came out of the room, looking towards Swoop and Dogfight. "What's that? What's going on?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -already out the door, headed for the bridge-

Nightbeat: "Already on it, Prowl."

Bridge, Fort Max:

Fortress: -hits red alert button, klaxons start ringing throughout the ship- "ALL HANDS TO BATTLESTATIONS, THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT, ALL HANDS TO BATTLESTATIONS, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!" -starts shifting the ship to battlestation mode-

Grimlock: -shakes head- "Me think him watch too many Star Trek reruns."

Prime: "Er.... yes......."

Black Heart:

Bludgeon: -taking a moment to tune himself- "Octopunch, Fangry, Stranglehold! Get in there. Bugly, you and I will follow. Viewfinder, you and Spyglass stay here."

Stranglehold and Fangry: -stand, head for the hatch-

Medbay, Metroplex:

Minerva and Fixit: -look at each other-

Fixit: "So..... lock the doors and hide in the medical supplies closet praying we don't die?"

Minerva: "That should work......." -starts securing the doors to medbay-