NBA Playoffs

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Ravage
Protoform

NBA Playoffs

Post by Ravage »

I so want to see a Celtics vs Kings series! :)
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Hate to say it, but the NBA would never allow it. Look for a Lakers/Celtics series. My conspiracy theorist friend has been saying that it would happen since the beginning of the playoffs. I'm starting to believe him after this weekend's games, and the monumental collapses by both the Nets and the Kings. Same thing happened a few years back. They knew nobody would watch an Indiana/Portland finals. Thus, Portland somehow gasses a 20-point lead in the 4th quarter of game 7, allowing the Lakers and their large market to go to the finals. I used to think my buddy was full of it, but it seems to be happening too often not to mean something...

With that said: Go Kings! Go Celtics! :)
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Actually, the Kings have a very large fanbase, not only in Sacremento. If they make it to the finals, I'm sure the ratings would be just as good as if the Lakers make it.

I'm cheering for the Kings and Nets. I like the Kings because of Mike Bibby, Chris Webber and Predrag and I like the Nets because of Jason Kidd.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I just think the Kings deserve the title this year, but then again so do the Celtics and Nets.

BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Anybody but the Lakers, that's my motto. Of course, I'm a die-hard Magic fan, so I have a certain bias against them, after being burned by that giant, mumbling, Burger King hocking sellout.

Blitzwing, let's be realistic here: the Kings have a fan base among established NBA fans. Casual NBA fans don't give a crap about them. Casual NBA fans would certainly be more inclined to tune into a Celtics/Lakers game, since the NBA and NBC would be pushing the whole "A RETURN TO THE DYNASTIES OF THE 80'S!!!! PLEASE WATCH AGAIN!!!!" thing.

With that said, I will be rooting for the Kings over any of the other teams in it right now. It's wonderful what Jason Kidd has done for the Nets this year (Stephon, who?) But the Kings are just a fun team to watch, and it's good to see Webber going somewhere after years of being a great player on bad teams...
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Basketball is rigged like every other sport, including football. We all know that Patriots never should have won. Hell, they shouldn't have been at the Superbowl in the first place. Lakers will win just like they did the last few years. Just watch. It's complete BS set up by the NBA. They're letting them trail the Kings so that they can get higher ratings for the last few games. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Originally posted by BigMaki
Blitzwing, let's be realistic here: the Kings have a fan base among established NBA fans. Casual NBA fans don't give a crap about them.
Actually, the exact opposite is true. Established NBA fans will have, in all likelihood, watched the NBA long enough to have had a favorite team while the Kings were an embarassment, i.e. prior to the last five years or so. Established NBA fans, by and large, root for other teams, while younger fans and those who only casually follow the sport root for the Kings because they have colorful players, flashy uniforms, and play a style that gets them on the highlight reel. It was the run-and-run style of Jason Williams and Chris Webber that is responsible for the Kings' young, largely casual fan base.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Well I remember the Kings back when they had Mitch Richomond :) Hell my fave team of all time is still Da Bulls, just maybe Kourse will smarten up this time around and try and get some players over the off season.

Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

alright! another bulls fan instead of me. i just hope they wont have anyone injured in the next season again.
The X-WCW IS BACK!!! Wanna get XTREME? YOU JUST GOT IT!

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
AWF and show us what you got!