Anyone see the Shawn Micheals Interview Saturday?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Ravage
Protoform

Anyone see the Shawn Micheals Interview Saturday?

Post by Ravage »

Wow it's hard to believe that he is the one that screwed Brett Hart and all these years we thought it was all Vince's idea.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

What? I didn't see that interview. Gimmie a recap man. What do u mean he screwed Bret? How?
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I missed the interview too, but I would like to know the details.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I caught the interview. The only real important bit of info in it was that Shawn admitted to being in on the Montreal Screwjob.

If I remember it right, Shawn was told the day before and Brisco had even spent time teaching Shawn some emergency holds or something in Shawn's hotel room just in case Bret went totally nuts at the end of the match. They even planned an alternate ending or two just in case things didn't go according to plan.

Also, if I remember correctly, Shawn went along with it because it was what was best for the company.

EDIT: And the screwjob was Vince's idea.
Lastrites
Protoform

Post by Lastrites »

Originally posted by Unicron
Emergency holds or no. If Bret really went nuts in the ring in 1997, he would have destroyed Michaels very quickly. Unlike many of the wrestlers, bret knows how to truely wrestle "hooker style" and he could have put him in the hospital very quickly

As for michaels, I'm kinda glad that he became a has been within 6 months of his screwing.

BTW Where and When is Gene's interviews?
Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

OH MY!!! he screwed bret?!I KNEW IT!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!! DAMN! I WAS RIGHT!!!!! thanks for the info rav, but where did you see it????
The X-WCW IS BACK!!! Wanna get XTREME? YOU JUST GOT IT!

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
AWF and show us what you got!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Saturday night at 10pm EST on TNN, they used to run WWF Excess (2 hour show). That changed to WWE Velocity (I think thats the name. Its a 1 hour show that actually has matches on it) and WWE Confidential (Also an hour show, starts at 11pm EST, this would be the one with Mean Gene interviewing people. They had a tour of Trish Startus' house along with the HBK interview on the first episode.)
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Also an hour show, starts at 11pm EST, this would be the one with Mean Gene interviewing people.
WTF!? Mean Gene Okerlund is back workin' for Vinnie Mack? I didn't know that.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

He was probably picked up when WWF bought WCW last year. Not surprising really.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Lastrites

As for michaels, I'm kinda glad that he became a has been within 6 months of his screwing.

has been?!? wtf?!? Shawn Michaels was the star of the 90's and possibly the only star bigger than Bret during that decade. He couldn't walk any longer without intense pain and had to hang it up...but he still gets bigger pops than almost anyone just for appearing on a show. Michaels only said that he found out about the screw job ending the night before...what was he going to do...say no? At which point he would have gotten the..."well shawn, since you feel that way, perhaps you can join Bret in WCW." Bret should have willingly gave up the belt, Canada or not...he WAS the one leaving the company....there's still more to this than i think we know...
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I can see the whole thing being a work. What better way to get publicity for both the WWF and Bret Hart all in one shot.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

I can see the whole thing being a work. What better way to get publicity for both the WWF and Bret Hart all in one shot.
too bad wcw f*cked it up so bad!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I do agree with that Micheals was the megastar of the 90's at least in the WWF.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.