Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Armada game update with images

Post by Denyer »

Character renders:

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=2761&mode=flat

Mini-con designs:

http://www.tfans.com/index.php?showtopic=3685&st=0&

I wonder if Armada will still have an audience by the time it gets into circulation?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

's probably why it has "prelude to Energon," in the title...

Regardless of whether or not the target audience is interested, you know there will be plenty of fanboys buying it regardless of whether or not it's any good.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Game development's not cheap, though. Kids are also playing more and more games... are they going to want to play a game if it doesn't feature the characters they're currently into? Most will be familiar with the Armada cast, at least.

On a more general note, is this an inbuilt weakness in current TF product schedules? Energon seems to be being rushed through very quickly from wave to wave. Meanwhile, there are still people trying to find wave one toys, and not just shortpacks such as Energon Magnus.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I don't think Energon's being rushed through quite so quick here as there are always plenty of Wave 1 figures and it's the newer waves that are coming out painfully slow. They did stop production of the first wave pretty quick (which is what caused the Magnus problem), but I don't think it's exactly been over in a flash.

Compared to G1 and Beast Wars, the latest series have been rushed in that they've followed the Japanese model of having one season and then moving on, but I think that Armada did a good enough job building recognition that the game will at least be noticeable to children.

The ultimate determining factor is whether or not it's actually good. If it's good, then more people than just kids and fanboys will buy it, if it's not, then it's just another game to toss on the huge-ass heap of licensed failures...along with every other TF game to date.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

"Playstation 2 - now even more graphically retarded!"

jokes aside - the models look all nice & stuff :) This might actually be the game to inspire me to get a memory card for my ps2.... On that topic - did anyone see the fanboy raving about the G1 game on tfans? From everything I'd read, the game is a huge pile of unplayable cack that struggles from the outset & no amount of nostalgia could save... then again, people *did* buy Daikatana...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Regardless of whether or not the target audience is interested, you know there will be plenty of fanboys buying it regardless of whether or not it's any good.

That's hitting the nail on the head. As long as there is a audience for it, people will buy it.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Bombshell
That's hitting the nail on the head. As long as there is a audience for it, people will buy it.

The fanboys still isn't a large enough market to support the game though, so I doubt they're hinging on that segment.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

bens world of transformers has just put out his hands on+ pics he took himself(tidal wave is 10 times bigger than he was in the cartoon...)

http://www.bwtf.com/newsarchive/ps2game/
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

Saw a TF armada game running at a gaming shop in town yesterday, looked pretty cool, but all that seemed to happen was that hot shot just shot a whole lot of unrecognisable decepticons...
MaximalHeroDinobot
Protoform

Post by MaximalHeroDinobot »

I've seen a review for it on X-Play, which all they really played was a demo for it, but none the less they said it was the best Transformer game they've played. The levels were said to be vast as well as the combat being fun. Also, if you've played the platformer of the Beast Wars game, you would have notticed that Transforming in to your Beast Mode was more of a chore. In the new game, they've made it also help out in battle as well as for just fun driving around. I personally am not a fan of Armada, yet because of all the great stuff I heard and have seen of the game, I'm willing to buy it.
"To be, or not to be, that is the question... These disks I hold, are they a record of what will be, or only of what may... For if the future is indeed immutably foretold, then my demise is but moments of my conformation for I, I could not live if not the master of my fate... But, if the future can be changed, if these disks record merely one path of all the myriad ways the cosmos might conform, then the power is infinite and yet, still limited for they can be used but once, and in that change be rendered fiction forever more... I COULD DESTROY THEM, but, no, t'would be a coward's answer... I will know the truth instead... Then t'will be either them or me that face oblivion..." Dinobot
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Eh.. I ain't gonna worry about whats in the game or anything.. I'm already getting 2 free copies.. Woo hoo.. heh heh.. Dunno if anybody heard about it, but Kmart had this Transformers contest, where ya drop yer name on a slip in a box, and they pulled names out on April 10th.. well.. come to find out.. 2 of the 3 stores I put my name in, I won!! It was pretty cool too.. I got a Energon Optimus Prime, a PS2 Armada game, and this Optimus Prime standee (cardboard cutout) that stands about 5 feet tall.. Heh heh.. ahh.. I'm lovin' it!
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
MaximalHeroDinobot
Protoform

Post by MaximalHeroDinobot »

Wow, your lucky!:eek:
"To be, or not to be, that is the question... These disks I hold, are they a record of what will be, or only of what may... For if the future is indeed immutably foretold, then my demise is but moments of my conformation for I, I could not live if not the master of my fate... But, if the future can be changed, if these disks record merely one path of all the myriad ways the cosmos might conform, then the power is infinite and yet, still limited for they can be used but once, and in that change be rendered fiction forever more... I COULD DESTROY THEM, but, no, t'would be a coward's answer... I will know the truth instead... Then t'will be either them or me that face oblivion..." Dinobot
Computron

Post by Computron »

I got the demo from Atari on Saturday and the game is very nice. The controls are a little awkward to get the hang of and as I'm not a huge fan of Armada it lacekd something but initial reactions of the game is very positive and the transformation sequences are awsome
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Originally posted by Computron
I got the demo from Atari on Saturday and the game is very nice. The controls are a little awkward to get the hang of and as I'm not a huge fan of Armada it lacekd something but initial reactions of the game is very positive and the transformation sequences are awsome

This demo you received.... how did you come across it? Was it through a PS2 magazine? Or perhaps come in the mail? Just curious.
You Are Ratchet!

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'm guessing personal contact, since game shops are getting them about now and it doesn't seem to be a general thing yet...
JustinLaj
Protoform

Armadas all well and good.... but

Post by JustinLaj »

Ok, i cant wait for armada to come out finally, but i was browsing through takaras website, which wasnt exactly simple, due to the fact I CANT READ JAPANESE. Anyway, i stumbled across a few frames of a G1 game for PS2, and i thirst for info on this, any frame shots or any knowledge having to do with this game, i must possess it. Please help me....
p.s. this is my first post... pretty sure no one cares...
TF ROCK!
Windrazor
Protoform

Re: Armadas all well and good.... but

Post by Windrazor »

Originally posted by JustinLaj
Ok, i cant wait for armada to come out finally, but i was browsing through takaras website, which wasnt exactly simple, due to the fact I CANT READ JAPANESE. Anyway, i stumbled across a few frames of a G1 game for PS2, and i thirst for info on this, any frame shots or any knowledge having to do with this game, i must possess it. Please help me....
p.s. this is my first post... pretty sure no one cares...
TF ROCK!

Hi Justin and welcome to the forum. The game you are referring to is a PS2 Generation 1 Transformers game. There have been theatrical video clips of the game, as well as an actual PS2 commercial for the game. From what has been gathered, the game will be produced for Japanese based Playstation 2 systems. Unfortunately, there are no plans as of yet to have the game be brought to North America. If you have been able to acquire a PS2 that plays games for Japanese regions, than you can order the G1 Transformers game from someone online and play it on that system. Unfortunately for the rest of us, we'll just have to wait and see if they'll actually ever bring a game like that overseas.
You Are Ratchet!

JustinLaj
Protoform

Post by JustinLaj »

Oh geez eh, so that means theyre not bringing it to Canada anytime soon... bummer.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Don't feel too bad. From what most people who have actually played the Takara G1 game have said, it's absolutely terrible. Every character plays the same and you fight 100 clones of the same Decepticons over & over & over...
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Wow this game is looking great....

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!