Post by Denyer »

(credit to TFormers)

Sentinel Maximum
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.a ... yid=pre937

MegaZarak
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.a ... yid=pre936

Skywarp MegaPVC
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.a ... yid=pre935

The last two aren't bad, IMO. How come the convention releases are available to outside preorder, anyway? Can't be guaranteed, Shirley?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sentinel Maximus sucks... I mean, for a start it's the worst name ever. What next? Cliff Hide? Star Tron? Ultra Gar? Was that some sort of random generator or something?

Doesn't help that the toy's ugly as sin either.

Megazarak fits the usual OTFME pattern of maybe being mildly interesting and worthwhile if found half-price in a store, but being not so much an "Exclusive" as a "Derivative"...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Craptacular.

Though the Skywarp one isn't so bad since it's a fairly decent size...don't have any experience with the MegaPVC's though...
Outback82
Protoform

Post by Outback82 »

Tell me, what is Hasbro and Takara thinking releaseing all these repaints. Let alone having the nerve to call them exclusives.:wall:
What you Talkin 'bout Magnus
Civ

Post by Civ »

For once, I agree with Cliffjumper and Sir Auros' opinions about the toys. Sentinel Maximus is just plain, butt ugly in my humble opinion. The name is terrible and figure only adds to the horror.

Megazarak looks to be the best of the bunch but I'm in no way intrigued by this figure. A repaint of Armada Megatron does not impress me.

The PVC figure is alright, but why is it an exclusive? It looks like any other PVC figure. Now if it was a repaint of the super G1 Starscream from Takara Robotmasters, then that would be a whole different story, but a PVC figure is nothing to get excited about.
Arctos Prime
Protoform

Post by Arctos Prime »

Call me crazy (every one else does) but i like Sentinal Maximus' name, but i do admit that his color scheme stinks. i think they were going for a G1 Optimus scheme(like Primal Prime) but then got their hands on some bad crack or something. I'd probably only get Megazarak because i don't have Armada Megs or Galvie:eyebrow:
"just wait, one day Soundwave and Shockwave will finally admit that they are Megatrons bitches. same for Cyclonus & Scourge with Galvatron"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Was that some sort of random generator or something?

Shhhh, you'll give away Hasbro's top secret name creation and general decision making device
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Y'know what the worst thing is? Between OTFME's proclivities and the name, this guy will have some pompous fanboy pleasing bio about how he was the first Transformer or Alpha Trion's bodyguard or some **** like that, and some bastards will claim it's canon...
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Sentinel Maximus is a "close but no cigar" in my book. The colors themselves aren't bad, but the placement of them is and the face resculpt is no good. Megazarak should maybe not be one step away from Fort Max colors and instead drop that blue for gold and up the red.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Y'know what the worst thing is? Between OTFME's proclivities and the name, this guy will have some pompous fanboy pleasing bio about how he was the first Transformer or Alpha Trion's bodyguard or some **** like that, and some bastards will claim it's canon...
I hope he won't get an official bio... that way, we can make up fanfic about him ad infinitum. ;) :p

But they call a Megatron repaint "Mega Zarak"? I kinda find that stupid, given that "Mega Zarak" is the Japanese name of Scorponok, and that thing's not a scorpion... (and yes, I know that sounds like "Trukk not Munkey"... :p all I mean is, they shouldn't assign names in a way that makes it sound like the pulled them out of a hat at random).
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Whats kind of weird about this situation, is that BBTS usually puts a preorder label for adding it to the cart, but in these items, it says.. "In Stock" (yes I know it says preorder at the top) where it should say preorder. Ehh.. but.. besides all that.. I think I'm starting to get used to the name Sentinel Maximus and the colors are starting to sort of grow on me. I have no idea why.. yeah yeah yeah.. I know its just an Overload/Ultra Magnus repaint.. but still.. I guess they just want to get at LEAST 3 paint schemes out of each figure... The Megazarak WOULD be a good name.. if it wasn't for the fact that it reminds me too much of the scorpion. They could have at least called it something like Megaplex.... Megatrons' clone.. sheesh... oh well..
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
RED EVIL
Protoform

Post by RED EVIL »

GOD THOSE SUCK!

my opinions:

I agree with CIV, it would have been cool if the Skywarp was a repaint of the Starscream Robotmaster. That toy kickz ass in looks.

For Sentinal Maximus. WHAT A SH*TTY name, but i do remember that they were originally going for Sentinal Prime on that one.

and last for the Mega Zarak "exclusive", that is crappy, if they really wanted to do that they should have made him grey or blue and named it Megaplex. But if they really wanted a Mega Zarak i say they should have repainted the Energon Scorponok with those colors and gave him a new exclusive energon sword that resembled mega zarak's sword.Also remolded the head in some way.

hasbro and takara better get some better reissues out soon.........
----------------------------------------------------
DECEPTICONS FOREVER!
----------------------------------------------------
Tracks828
Protoform

Post by Tracks828 »

Sentinal Maximus sucks...