Denyer

Bigger images of Takara Robotmasters!

Post by Denyer »

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist.cgi? ... s%29&Dis=2

Starscream and Prime are looking good, and Ligier ain't bad either:

shanewils
Protoform

Post by shanewils »

Prime Looks good in Robot Mode, but his alt mode suffers. i Won't get it because i got Masterpiece Prime. Starscream is on my must have list though. It' about time we had a show accurate version.
Civ

Post by Civ »

To be honest, that gap around Prime's waist bothers me. I don't like the look of how his torso appears to hover over his waist. His alt mode bothers me as because of that same gap.

Starscream looks really good and it is about time he had a good figure of his G1 form made.

Mirage looks alright. It's the same colors as the original G1 Mirage, but his robot form looks awkward to me. By looking at his design alone, I would say his front sticks down so far that it would definitely interfere with posing him in interesting positions.

Mental note to self: Get Starscream!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

They also look more cartoony with those colours... personally, I'm not fussed as I only display in robot mode...

The question is: will Hasbro bother trying to sell these in the US (and therefore elsewhere) after having already recently reissued Prime and SS?

I'd spring for a decent version of Prime which wasn't as oversized as MP, provided it was on a shelf near me.

edit: Y'all realise Mirage is just a repaint of an existing mould, yeah? He's a spring-loaded 'auto-changer' which limits the design.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'd say Op is a likely. Considering they released two of him for Armada... Plus, he'd make a good movie tie-in, though I realise the release schedules won't even vaguely connect.

Oh, and yeh, Mirage = MW Mirage/Prowl/CR Indy Heat. And believe it or not, the nosecone doesn't get in the way of his legs much at all. It's one of the best small Transformer moulds. Well, I say small, but it's about the same height as most of the 1984/85 cars...
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

well something needs to be done about Primes waist otherwise hes not so bad, Starscream looks good, anyone got any thoughts on what exactly those silvery shindigs are ( they kind of look like a futurey set of gauntlets but im not sure )?
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Denyer
edit: Y'all realise Mirage is just a repaint of an existing mould, yeah? He's a spring-loaded 'auto-changer' which limits the design.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Since Robotmasters is the Takara equivalent of Hasbro's Universe, I figured most of them were repaints.

Question: Does the nosecone move freely so the legs can bend forward without much trouble?

As for Prime, he does look good in robot mode, save for that gap. His alt-mode wouldn't look bad either if it wasn't for that gap.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

To be honest, chances are these are from a pre-production solicitation... Prime's waist may look a lot better by the time it comes to market. There may be marking and sticker changes, too.

I think Cliffy's got Indy Heat, so he'll be able to answer the nosecone question.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Starscream looks ace. Mirage looks pretty good too. But I agree on the Prime problem; his alt mode especially suffers from that gap.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Denyer
I'd spring for a decent version of Prime which wasn't as oversized as MP, provided it was on a shelf near me.

Thing with that is, he is about perfect size when displayed with the Alternators/Binaltech...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Judging by photos I've seen, Alternator comes up to MP Prime's waist. It fits the 1:24 scale, but it's way oversized. Prime should be shoulders about his troops, fair enough... but they shouldn't be looking him in the groin.

'Sides, I'd want to display it alongside old stuff.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Well since I have the reissues/originals of the characters who've been used in the Alternators/Masterpiece figurines, I know when I place Hound, Smokescreen, Bluestreak, and Sideswipe next to my Optimus Prime, they're just a bit over Prime's waist. My alternators when they are standing straight come up to about the same point on my Masterpiece, just a bit over his waist; therefore, I personally think Masterpiece isn't oversized but is just the right height when compared to Alternators Hound, Smokescreen, Lambor/Sideswipe, and Silverstreak.
Zizicez
Protoform

Post by Zizicez »

AW YEAH

i like them

I hope they make a Tank Megatron counterpart for that prime

and just for the sake of pointing out the obvious

its wouls be simplisity itself to remold/recolor the Starscream into the other 6 seekers
Tracks828
Protoform

Post by Tracks828 »

id definity get starscream...he looks awesome
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

I think Prime looks pretty sweet in robot mode... its just the cab mode that looks gawky. It's as if they took Anniversary Prime but forgot the 2 flaps that become the headlights to close the gap.

I actually like the figure R Blade as well.. reminds me of Jetfire.

I would like to say the Wing Stan figure is cool with the camoflauge colors.. but ... the name.. just makes me think.. Wing Stain.. and with that brown... well. yeah..

And.. even though Wrecker Hook is a repaint as well.. I like the flames on it.. reminds me of a brother of Hot Rod... turned evil..
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Why would a jet need jungle camo? For when he lands and needs to blend in? But he's a giant robot, he can't really hide.

Eh. Logic aside, it looks cool.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

For when it's operating over a jungle area.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
For when it's operating over a jungle area.

"Look! That blotch of leaves and dirt is flying!"

I guess if it was really dense and you couldn't see the sky very well that might work
Adams
Protoform

Post by Adams »

any idea when these guys are due out in Japan?

Really tempted by all of wave 1, except the beasties repaints..
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
"Look! That blotch of leaves and dirt is flying!"

Don't take it up with Takara, take it up with the Airforces of the world...

Besides, most modern camo schemes aren't intended for flying, but for ground-based storage...