War Within: Age of Wrath #2 preview + interviews

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Those .jpg links lead to nothing but a star image. Also are you collecting WW comics still?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Fixed. Seems they've been hitting bandwidth limits and have disabled referrers. I think I may go and write an upload script for easy hosting of files here.

Nah, the art is sumptuous, but if I pick up TWW3 it'll be in paperback. There are so many other quality comics around I'd rather pick up than Transformers as done by Dreamwave...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

re: TFormers interview link edited into the first post...
In the days of Legacy of Unicron, we pretty much did what we pleased, story-wise (especially in regards to the future characters). Sometimes that was good, other times not so (and we got a little slapdash). Now, within the agreed Hasbro/Dreamwave framework, certain stories just wouldn't work, or would conflict with James' G1 stuff. So some things are out of bounds, but not much. I know James has plans for Unicron, so I'll largely stay clear of that angle, until I have a better idea how WW could complement what he's doing. In the meantime, there are just so many others I can tell, I hardly notice the few I can't.
This suggests to me that more Unicron/Primus was planned for War Within: Dark Ages, but someone (likely Brames) stamped on things being fleshed-out—hence the big change of direction in Age Of Wrath.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Denyer
This suggests to me that more Unicron/Primus was planned for War Within: Dark Ages, but someone (likely Brames) stamped on things being fleshed-out—hence the big change of direction in Age Of Wrath.

That does fit in preaty well with what Furman and Wildman have said (including that DW were behind the Hand of Primus tm becoming The Hand That Used to Advertise The Lotterytm). Though Furman said that this was because DW wanted to avoid specific references to any origin story rather than that they had plans for them...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!