MP-13 is...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
The Reverend

MP-13 is...

Post by The Reverend »

Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it!
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I preordered it today.

MP Soundwave superior
Come on and wind me up.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ooooh, that's lovely. I'm not usually one for Masterpieces, but I have to admit I'd buy that in a second if/when Hasbro release it over here.

I wonder how big it is, though. It'd be a shame if his alt-mode was twice the size of a normal 80s microcassette recorder, and even more of a shame if he can't use Universe Ravage and the G1 tapes since the odds of getting a full set of modern, up-to-date cassettes done to match him are pretty much nil.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

I got an e-mail from BBTS the other day saying they're upped the Pre-order price on Soundwave because he's now going to have Laserbeak. Still no pics yet. Hoping it looks great!
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I've seen an unpainted proto pic with laserbeak...
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

I've seen it now, too.

Kinda excited. Lazerbeak looks pretty slick. So does Soundwave. Though I'm sure it will have some freakishly over-complicated transformation sequence.... :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Notabot

Post by Notabot »

$170 with a list price of $190?! That's completely ridiculous. I don't care how cool he looks, I couldn't imagine forking over that kind of money for a lump of plastic that's going to sit on a shelf and collect dust. I'd be terrified that someone would look at it wrong and it would fall over and break. I cringe at the $60 pricetag on the US Masterpieces, so this is definitely not coming to my house unless it's a gift from a stranger or a shamelessly rich friend.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mmm, if it makes it to a Hasbro release I'll very likely pick one up, whereas have pre-ordered Sideswipe (at a fair mark-up, but it means someone UK-based and they can do the dealing with customs) for sentimental reasons.

Leafing through a recent Forbidden Planet catalogue, there's definitely a tendency for companies to aim to sell a few at higher prices (and bundle in extras to try to justify it) these days. What surprised me is that other companies are trying this with second-string characters from films... two, three hundred quid for what I'm sure is a nice cast hand-painted by sweatshops that only source the best talent but isn't much more interesting than having a random poster on the wall.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Warcry wrote:I wonder how big it is, though. It'd be a shame if his alt-mode was twice the size of a normal 80s microcassette recorder, and even more of a shame if he can't use Universe Ravage and the G1 tapes since the odds of getting a full set of modern, up-to-date cassettes done to match him are pretty much nil.
You might like this, then:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... 12-175268/
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yep, I saw that a day or two ago. Great planning on Takara's part to do it that. I know they've got Laserbeak, Ravage and Frenzy on the way to go with him (and probably Buzzsaw and Rumble too) which is more than I expected them to make, but as much as I'd like one I don't think they'll add a Ratbat and I'd be stunned if they did Slugfest, Overkill, Beastbox or Squawktalk. This way you can still give him the full set of minions if you'd like to.

Though I have to say, after thinking about it some more I'm surprised by the timing. There was a bit of excitement with we heard about Fall of Cybertron Soundwave, but how many fans are going to be eager anymore to buy an ugly truck that barely looks like Soundwave and has funny minidisc minions when they know that this is on the way?
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Warcry wrote:but how many fans are going to be eager anymore to buy an ugly truck that barely looks like Soundwave and has funny minidisc minions when they know that this is on the way?
Price? :)

But this is awesome. So, is it supposedly coming with all three? Or will I have to buy those separately? I'd certainly feel better about the price if it came with all of them. 'Cause this thing is pushing MP Prime price (with truck!)...and it doesn't look nearly as big.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

numbat

Post by numbat »

Well, pre-ordering MP Soundwave and Sideswipe were a no-brainer.

:swirly:

Very excited!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I'm a little iffy about both of them, really. I like both the characters and the look of the MPs and all, but I'm not totally sure what's to gain from having MP versions of G1 toys that were serviceable enough the first go-around. (Aside from Soundwave's chickenleggedness and Sideswipes, well, stiffleggedness... so I'm paying triple-digits for leg articulation?)

But then again, I could make the same arguments for Optimus and Grimlock and I have MPs of those, so...

On a slightly related note, I got to handle a friend of mine's BTS "Minions" (Ratbat and Ravage). I don't really care for the Ravage (reminds me of a camel), but I really did like the Ratbat interpretation. I'd say its worth the price by itself.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Soundwave and Sideswipe were both toys I wanted as a kid, but never had, and I really love their G1 designs. I also love G1 Soundwave's character, but not sure Sideswipe had enough of a character to give any comment there...

So these are a great release for me, anyway!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Great releases for me as well, just that too many masterpieces are cluttered over three months. I'm getting Convoy and Sideswipe in October, and Soundwave and Red Alert two months later!

I'm curious as to how takara will release the rest of the cassetes; on their own? Soundblaster repaint with a different cassete? "Complete" version of Soundwave later on with everything?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Suspect there'll be a pack of three cassettes next year, then a Soundblaster repaint.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I assume there's going to be a cheaper fig coming along for Toys r Us or whatever later on, at which point, heck yeah. Totally buying.
Warcry wrote: There was a bit of excitement with we heard about Fall of Cybertron Soundwave, but how many fans are going to be eager anymore to buy an ugly truck that barely looks like Soundwave and has funny minidisc minions when they know that this is on the way?
*points at Hound*
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
FranciscoK82
Protoform

Great work. My husband and I were able to answer a few questions we had.

Post by FranciscoK82 »

I was very pleased to read this. All the info will help me in my day to day life.

At this Site
Clay

Post by Clay »

First reaction is, "well, that'll do nicely."

Second reaction is to wait until well after their releases given Takara's problematic QC standards with their high-price items.