Unpublished Transformers Universe bios

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Warcry

Unpublished Transformers Universe bios

Post by Warcry »

Disciples of Boltax have gotten their hands on the unpublished original profiles for Swerve, Hubcap, Ransack, Chop Shop, Venom, Barrage, and Roadbuster.

They're an interesting read, but unlike the profiles that showed up for the Omnibots a while back they're really not all that different from the ones that Dreamwave did.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

An interesting addition to Chop Shop's

Once he targets an object, it's as good as gone. And once he has it he will disassemble and reshape it with the consummate skill of a brain surgeon to fit it to Decepticon needs. Chopshop sums up his philosophy this way: "I take no prisoners, just spare parts

it casts him more in a Hoist or Ironworks type role rather than just a thief
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

This version of Chop Shop is definitely more competent and professional than the obsessive-compulsive kleptomaniac Dreamwave character, and frames his "wants to steal everything in sight" behaviour as a matter of professional pride. I like that...it makes him more like the kind of guy the Mayhems would try to recruit.

Venom's bio isn't really any different, but somehow the way Bob phrased it makes me feel really bad for the guy. :(
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

it makes him a competent version of Scavenger and obviously fits in more with his name. It lso explains why no ones summarily executed him for hi slight fingered ways
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Omnibot profiles? Which ones?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cool stuff, considering the similarities I take it Dreamwave had access to these when they did the MTMTE book? Ironic as I always thought the Hubcap profile was one of the best things Dreamwave ever did, but it's just taken straight from Uncle Bob.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

It's possible, but Hubcap's con man persona is pretty obvious just from his tech spec bio, IMO. And since Dreamwave's Omnibots are completely different from Marvel's, they would have had to have some of the unpublished ones but not all of them.
Blackjack wrote:Omnibot profiles? Which ones?
Overdrive: http://web.archive.org/web/200712302309 ... opic=40994

Downshift: http://web.archive.org/web/200712302308 ... opic=40992

Camshaft: http://web.archive.org/web/200712302308 ... opic=40993

I actually like the Dreamwave personalities better but that's probably just because I'm used to them.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ah, nice.

Overdrive's bio is pretty similar to the Dreamwave one. Camshaft... Universe has him as an aggressive warrior, while Dreamwave has him as a rather paranoid scout. Downshift... Universe has him as a battle-weary warrior, while Dreamwave has him as Red Alert.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »