New reissues?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Devastator512
Protoform

New reissues?

Post by Devastator512 »

Does anyone know the method that Takara and TRU are using for picking the transformers to reissue. Do you think that they will go as far as Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge reissues? Thanks
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Doubtful. They're all plastic-based, appeared late in the series (they don't have the wide appeal of the first year Autobot cars, for example), and aren't great toys—Galvatron being amongst the worst representations of the cartoon and comic characters. Plus, the Japanese seem to buy far fewer 'bad guy' characters than 'good guy' ones.

I'd suggest eBay, if you're in any kind of hurry. Also, if you don't mind knockoffs, there's a bootleg white Cyclonus mould which is occasionally imported from China and turns up in the US.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Yeah, the really only oddball decision that I have seen is Astrotrain is coming out before they have finished other 1984 stuff, meaning they might not be reissuing every single TF made.

Got to keep in mind the moulds date back to 1974 on a lot of this stuff, so who knows if they are the same actual moulds or not, I mean look at Bruticus and the Combaticons. The G1 that I have is a lot more distinct for features than the RID / Artic Combat version of it. Some of the little bots faces looks messed up.

Funny though, it was speculated that the Soundwave mould was obliterated up until they announce his rerelease earlier in the year. Other distinct mould changes are the date stamps on Thundercracker being renewed, and Jazz now has a silly grin. Of course other things like Prime's smokestacks for the US are a sign of the times with child safety laws.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Hmmm .... There are three I would like to see that will probally never happen, those are Omega Supreme, Metroplex and Typitcon ... *sigh*
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Originally posted by ‡T3MPE5T‡
Hmmm .... There are three I would like to see that will probally never happen, those are Omega Supreme, Metroplex and Typitcon ... *sigh*

They have done a bunch of G2 reissues, and don't forget Fort Max redone ;)

Trypticon was redone as Gigatron or something like that with the Jap. BW 2 or Neo series but with a huge horn on his nose.

So it is possible, but I think it just depends on when they will do it.
Capt
Protoform

Post by Capt »

Originally posted by Savannahtron
Trypticon was redone as Gigatron or something like that with the Jap. BW 2 or Neo series but with a huge horn on his nose.

Beast Wars II, called Gigastorm
who, was an upgraded form of G2 Megatron, called Megastorm
Capt
Abusing the English written language since the 1980s
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

They have done a bunch of G2 reissues, and don't forget Fort Max redone ;)

So it is possible, but I think it just depends on when they will do it.

Hmmmmm .... I need to get me Typticon ... Metroplex is a Long Shot ... but I really want a Omega Supreme but I don't wanna go to E-Bay ....
Garand

Post by Garand »

Originally posted by ‡T3MPE5T‡
... Metroplex is a Long Shot ... ...

There was a ton of them at OTFCC.. got mine fo $15(US)
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Yeah, the really only oddball decision that I have seen is Astrotrain is coming out before they have finished other 1984 stuff, meaning they might not be reissuing every single TF made.

Got to keep in mind the moulds date back to 1974 on a lot of this stuff, so who knows if they are the same actual moulds or not, I mean look at Bruticus and the Combaticons. The G1 that I have is a lot more distinct for features than the RID / Artic Combat version of it. Some of the little bots faces looks messed up.

Funny though, it was speculated that the Soundwave mould was obliterated up until they announce his rerelease earlier in the year. Other distinct mould changes are the date stamps on Thundercracker being renewed, and Jazz now has a silly grin. Of course other things like Prime's smokestacks for the US are a sign of the times with child safety laws.

1974? Huh? IF you mean the dates on Microman SOundwave and Megatron thoughs are just when the line appeared, they figurees did not show up until the late seventies.

Soundwave reissue is actually the exclusive SOundblaster mold that was released in 1987. SO the orginal SOundwave mold may in fact be long gone.

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/u ... laster.jpg
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Soundwave reissue is actually the exclusive SOundblaster mold that was released in 1987. SO the orginal SOundwave mold may in fact be long gone.

So they're using the Soundblaster mold, yet they aren't putting out an eHobby Soundblaster exclusive? Where's that head-banging-on-wall smiley...
Capt
Protoform

Post by Capt »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Soundwave reissue is actually the exclusive SOundblaster mold that was released in 1987.
That's not actually conclusive.
As has been discussed in many other threads and forums, Japan had a soundwave exactly like this one before they got soundblaster.
It does, however, mean that a soundblaster version would be easy to do, as all that's needed is to alter the tape cover door
Capt
Abusing the English written language since the 1980s
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by Garand
There was a ton of them at OTFCC.. got mine fo $15(US)

:eek: :eek:

DAMN

:wall: :wall: :rant: :rant: