Wanted: Windcharger

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Clay

Wanted: Windcharger

Post by Clay »

Right, all the physical stores here are overstocked with previous waves and the online sites are sold out. If anybody spots a Windcharger, kindly keep me in mind. :)

Also, if anybody runs across a Jazz, holler. I'm having trouble locating a second one for a custom.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I'm off on a Windcharger hunt later today for Rookwise. I can pick one up for you too if I come across one.

I actually came across Jazz in Lockerbie on Monday. If I see him here on the Windcharger hunt, I'll get you one.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

If numbat doesnt get hold of a Jazz I'll have a look at our tru as they had a few in when I last went down.
Need to pay a visit soon to Mothercare to get a few bits for the kids and tru is basically next door.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

My local Khols still have few of Jazz. I can snap one for you if all people above me couldn't find one.

I want a Windcharger so bad as well.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Got Clay a Jazz today.

Windchargers were thin on the ground though...

Will keep looking over weekend and beginning of next week though!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

There ARE Windchargers in Athens [that's how I got mine], but they cost like 10 euros. Let me know if you want me to be on the lookout.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Knightdramon wrote:There ARE Windchargers in Athens [that's how I got mine], but they cost like 10 euros. Let me know if you want me to be on the lookout.
numbat is heading to Dumfries tomorrow. If nothing turns up there, I'll let you know. :)
numbat

Post by numbat »

Aye - if I don't find Windcharger tomorrow, I'll let you guys know. Dumfries is a good bet - normally way behind even Hamilton!

However, I may not be able to post until Wednesday. Hope that's not a problem!

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I can also source if everything else falls though. Not sure he's worth the bother, though. Is this thing a retool or remould, or does it just feel like every car transforming robot ever through sheer lack of imagination? This thing is knock-off quality too - plastic designed to stress, unpainted wheel hubs, black tail-lights, massive ugly join lines. Is the rest of RTS this underwhelming?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Cliffjumper wrote:I can also source if everything else falls though. Not sure he's worth the bother, though. Is this thing a retool or remould, or does it just feel like every car transforming robot ever through sheer lack of imagination? This thing is knock-off quality too - plastic designed to stress, unpainted wheel hubs, black tail-lights, massive ugly join lines. Is the rest of RTS this underwhelming?
Nope, it's an entirely new mould.

I personally think it's a neat little figure, decent poseability. Not speaking for Windcharger, but the rest of the recent "classics" figures [everything from Drift\Prime\Bee\Thrust and on] are some of the best deluxes I've handled.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I actually really like Windcharger. He's a little different from other Autobot cars recently (with some subtle things, such as the legs, which add to the robot mode but weren't necessary - which is unusual!), has his wee flipout guns and a great head sculpt.

The plastic does feel a little flimsy, though - I think he would have been better as a Deluxe.

I don't know if this is common with Scouts, as I only have Windcharger and ROTF Scalpel (who is horrendously flimsy, and broke very quickly).

In terms of RTS, I only have Windcharger, Deluxe Tracks, Legends G1 Megatron and Legends Trailbreaker. The Legends Class figures are sturdy (Megatron is also superb! Trailbreaker is mediocre), and Tracks is generally sturdy, and quite fun (although fiddly). However, there are parts of Tracks which give cause for concern - particularly the piece that you attach the missiles to in robot mode.

Overall, I like what I've seen of RTS, although don't plan to get many more. I might pick up Lugnut and Wreckgar, but maybe not. Not decided yet. I don't think that either Universe 2010 or RTS have generally matched the fun and style of Classics though. I liked that Classics moulds were a little more simple, while still being great fun. Universe and RTS have taken a bit too much Movieverse to the G1 world, IMHO.

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Don't get me wrong, Windcharger's not bad... it's just that he should really be better. I know asking for chromed hubs and rubber tyres is futile, but a few more paint apps and plastic that's good isn't too much to ask, is it?

I like the head sculpt, but truth is change it for something else and this could be anyone, Alternators-style... It actually looks far too much like a scaled-down Universe Datsun brother (admittedly without the sheer ugly of that mould).

And yup, I fully agree that that opening Classics salvo of Prime, Bumblebee, Starscream, Jetfire and Mirage is really going to take some beating. I liked the a fair few of the Universe moulds. but they all seemed to have at least one fault that really should have been ironed out at the design stage.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Windcharger acquired for you Clay, and got one for Paul053 too.

Tesco in Dumfries had stacks of them - odd, as all other size classes on sale were ROTF (many first waves back again!).

I'll PM you both.

Also items on eBay.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

numbat wrote:Windcharger acquired for you Clay, and got one for Paul053 too.

Tesco in Dumfries had stacks of them - odd, as all other size classes on sale were ROTF (many first waves back again!).

I'll PM you both.
you rock!!!! :clap:
numbat

Post by numbat »

Paul053 wrote:you rock!!!! :clap:
I know.

:headbang:

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper wrote:This thing is knock-off quality too - plastic designed to stress, unpainted wheel hubs, black tail-lights, massive ugly join lines. Is the rest of RTS this underwhelming?
The plastic seems stronger than it looks, but those I've picked up (Windcharger, Jazz and Tracks) are all fairly translucent.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm pretty sure he's not going to break, it's more stress marks I'm worried about. Well, I say "worried" when I'm not actually entirely sure where he is right now.

Top job on still being alive, BTW :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Got Windcharger in the mail yesterday. The system works, people.