your legoverse and its mythology...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
*BARRAGE*

your legoverse and its mythology...

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i was just wondering if anyone creates their own lego mythology and universe... like specific characters that reappear- or am i the only one?

in my legoverse- there are five seperate factions at contstant war- humans, machines, mutants, aliens, and the necrons (undead)... all are made of a mix of custon and original designs, niohting ever seems to stay the way it's intended with my legos...

humans wage war with new humaoid tanks (all made of custom exoforce sets), ground vehicles and a couple of flying vehicles. they have the largest base and several humans are scattered through out the verse...

the machines (mostly exoforce robot guys) are lead by a massive machine called lord1 (my own original creation) and hve multiple small vehiccles- they mostly rely on weapons platforms and drones to exterminate the human race and mutants...

mutants have few vehicles- as they are routinely destroyed to make new vehicles for the other races in the war- they are led by a faceless being who speaks telepathically with his main enforcers... the best soldier in the mutant ranks is the scorpion headed terrorist named scorn who drives a three wheeled car (my own design)

aliens have a minor presence in the verse, striking only when they need something, and then, they have no equal in combat- little is known about them... they are mostly the old ufo sets and a random preying mantis alien thing from mega blocks that i destroyed to turn into a lego being (when will my relatives learn- megablocks are not the same as F*CKING legos!)

the necrons are skeletons lead by the grim reaper, almost no vehicles except the reapers hideaous beast small wrecks they manage to bring to life, but they have a tomblike base of operations- their ranks are all skeletal beings from various centuries and a massive wolflike beast...

pictures as soon as my camera comes back to me!
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I don't have anything particularly complex, but there are some minifigs that are either based on real people (ranging from minor celebs to just people I know... the former are mainly the F1 drivers) or other fictional stuff - most of the police are named after someone from The Bill and so on. Oh, and half the cast of Hollyoaks are in there as well. And the Rocketeer, who forms about a third of the air force.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

As a Castle nut, I suppose it comes as no surprise that my Lego world is a medaeval one. I don't have enough Lego on-hand to actually realize the concept, alas. But in theory, their world is divided up into a handful of different races based on the different heraldry in use. Each one of the races is then ruled over by a feudal lord/king/whatnot. I've put together a few 'unique' minifigs for each team that represent the ruler or his more important knights.

The various factions that use lion insignia are treated like one race, but because there have been so many variations over the years I've decided that they're a race divided into several different countries. In my mind they're sort of like the Carolingian Empire that slowly broke apart into smaller and smaller territories after Charlemagne died -- still forces to be reckoned with on their own, but not the dominant force they once were. They're probably the closest to being a 'real' Middle Ages faction because magic and monsters weren't usually a factor in the 'lion'-themed sets.

The 'dragon' factions get lumped together into a single nation, but with some marked differences in attitude between the two main groups. The Black Monarch/Black Knights faction represent the ruling class, so to speak, the well-educated and well-trained aristocrats who hail from the lands near the capital. The Dragon Masters, on the other hand, come from a dangerous outer province of the kingdom and tend to be a lot more barbaric than the main group. They follow the wizards who keep the region's huge population of dragons at bay and rely on brute force to defeat attackers, but mimic the court customs of the aristocrats in a way that never quite works and makes them seem foppish to outsiders. The Black Knights tend to see the Dragon Masters as their inbred, halfwit cousins, while the Dragon Masters see the Black Knights as posers who've never had to face real hardship.

The last major faction in my collection is the Forestmen. They're still at least partly a nomadic race of hunter-gatherers, living in the vast northern forests and not usually having much to do with the outside world. A few of them venture out as merchants or explorers, mercenaries or bandits, something which has given the forestmen a reputation as rogues and rebels that's not quite deserved. The forest Rangers are highly sought-after for their skills at hunting, archery, tracking and general woodcraft.

As far as the other official factions go, I don't have enough (if any) of them to really include them. Well, except for the Fright Knights, but I just pretend they don't exist and assimilate their sets and minifigs into other armies as mercenaries.
Zeeks

I totally blame Cifford. T. Jumper for my involvement in this...

Post by Zeeks »

Hmm, a working mythology, huh? Well, it's going to be based primary on the Star Wars Universe with a few perks and twists.
First off, we have 3 factions; see pic:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj23 ... egoWar.jpg

The first main faction is the Alliance, which are the do-gooders of the universe, always fighting to uphold the ideals of freedom, justice, and inherent goodness in everyone, ("fight" for "good"...sorry, I amuse myself sometimes.) So basically, we have what is commonly known as the Rebels, however, they are also joined by the Jawas, who will trade information and material with the other two factions, but always for the good of the Alliance. They tend to remain out of sight during war time, but if you need to locate them, all you have to do is say the word to a listening rebel. Now, the actual guys out on the front line are a combination of the Mars Mission Humans, Space Astronauts, and the Exo-force good guys. There is a committee that leads the Alliance made up of Uncle Owen, The dude with long silver hair from Exo Force who I affectionately call the Sage, Luke, "Clint" from Mars Mission, Leia, and Jawa Leader. Droids also have equal standing with the biologicals. Exo Force are very mystical and have a common ground with the Rebel's idea of the Force, so they are spiritual warriors as well as physical warriors, and each team adds its own piece to the mix- Exo Force has the base of operations, Rebels have the fire power and armada, Mars Mission has a little of both, and the Jawas are the suppliers and sympathizers with the Rebel cause. See Photo:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj23 ... liance.jpg

The next faction is the Federation, and like Lucasverse, its contains various factions within factions. There are two main leaders: Grievous and The Exo Force bad guy known as Meca One. There is also the Bionicle bad guys who are sort of an extension of the Robot Exo Force Faction, the Trade Federation who are mainly the supplier of the battle bots and keep an actual cordial relationship with the Robot Exo Force Faction (constantly sharing ideas, technology, and often live together in the same abodes), and the Green Alien guys from Mars Mission (not much is known about these dudes- very quiet and don't say much, but if it ever jumps off, they will be the first to aim guns at their "comrades"). The Federation is at best a group of adversaries with one goal: mechanization of the world, whichs means 90% mechanic and 10% Biological- an ideal that Grievous upholds, even in the event of betrayal by the other Fed Factions. See photo:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj23 ... ration.jpg

The last faction we have is the Empire- one sole leader, one single army, and one hell of a devastating punch to the other two. Darth Vader leads the entire Empire after the "curious" assasination of Emperor Palpatine. He doesn't care about any of the other factions' goals; he just wants one thing: POWER. He is out to rule the entire galaxy and he will destroy whomever and whatever he wants to attain that goal. His troops are utterly loyal and would lay down their lives for him. Equally, he rules them with a caring but very iron fist, providing whatever needs they may have to ensure loyalty to him. His army may not look like much compared to the other two factions, but make no mistake: even the tiniest of fighters packs a lethal punch that would atomize a droid or human in one blow. To see the shadow of the Star Destroyer overhead is to know your impending death as Vader rarely makes social visits. However, the Empire has consorted with the Federation from time to time; mostly it is a battle of the ego between Vader and Grievous with technology generously traded at times. Some reports have come in that the Mars Mission aliens are sometimes found close, a little too close, to Empire fleets, and this concerns Grievous, however, even he has a tad bit of fear in Vader's presence. Moff Tarkin is subcommander of the Fleet, answering only to Vader, and some inside reports suggest that he could actually be considered a "friend" of Vader's as Vader will often socialize with only him. Make no mistake: the Empire is the most feared and lethal faction in the Lego Wars. Quantity doesn't necessarily equal fire power quality for Vader. So why do the other two factions still stand? Merely to appease Vader, for he plays the Federation to his advantage. One thing that concerns Moff Tarkin, though, is that Vader is actually a little soft when it comes to all out war with the Alliance. He will only destroy droids; biologicals are to be stunned and taken prisoner only. Moff thinks he is trying to get inside the Alliance to find a particular individual, but for now, those reasons and intentions are unknown...
See photo:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj23 ... Empire.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I have.

When I was a kid, I had this Space Exploration Team...I even drew comics. On hindsight, those comics were awful (well, what else would you expect from a grade school age kid), like there was absolutely no reason for them to be there, traveling around the galaxy, fighting supervillains and the like...
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

@Zeeks and Warcry- your universes sound cool, warcry- you gotta put some pics up- i remember you mentioning your castle collection before- i gotta see it!

@Cliffy- do have any pics of your custom lego people? i wuold love to see that rocketeer one!

i will be putting up pics some time here- i am getting a new camera, so hoorah!
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

*BARRAGE* wrote:warcry- you gotta put some pics up- i remember you mentioning your castle collection before- i gotta see it!
That would require me having more than 1 1/2 square feet of space free to build stuff...most of my Lego is stuck in giant storage units until I can move.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

:nonono:find space:smack:

nah- thats cool... my boss at work is giving me his old lego stuff- a castle set and a bunch of old space sets- yay new parts!
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

most of my lego stuff is i the loft exept for my weapons and my slave one which is why i moved to digital lego the only drawback is u cant really play with them.

when my lego was accsessable to me my unverse revolved around a dream i had were everyone in the world was turned into lego which only exasterbated things with regards to climing stairs or staying alive etc

so i used my collection to rescue freinds and reletives and defend my street from marauders and bandits

this was when i first started building lego transformers which tured me into the kitasher i am today.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

wow zeeks that must be a pretty expensive collection

i would have more if things wernt so expensive in £ sterling some times i think about living in the states just for the cheap toys
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I don't have a 'fiction' attached to my Legos at all, though I am enjoying the hell out of the new Indiana Jones sets as well as recovering and remaking the old Lego Adventurer's sets.

Customizing the pulps is always fun! :)

*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

that tank is cool as hell! is taht a stock Indiana Jones set? haven't seen that one... still no pics- i'm being lazy- but eventually you'll see some... couple of days maybe... but really- that tank is cool!
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

No worries, the tank's a custom, from a bunch of spare parts and a used and incomplete AT-ST piece. I'm hoping that LEGO will eventually put out the tank and flying wing on their own.. but they've been pretty silent for their third wave (fall) plans for the line.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

thats pretty cool:up:

i'm gonna print that pic and see about making my own...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Well, if you're going to shoot for a custom, here ya go...

I still didn't get this right, but largely because it's TOO WIDE. The tank should be 6 studs across on the hull, not 8. I just haven't sucked it up to redo it yet.

*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i like that last one a ton as well! one of these days i'll get off my fat lazy ass and photo my legos- promise guys, former scouts honor!

just saw a cuple of single lego figures with some accesories... 6.99? why is it that a lego guy and about three half bricks are the same price as the small exo-force sets? WTF!
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
borg72

Post by borg72 »

try going to the lego museum at niagra falls. the place itself is cool (only small though, one room with a big layout and some cool customs of world wonders), but the shop is scary. those figure-only sets are 12 dollars. admitedly, its niagra falls, and thats candian dollars, but still.... ouch!

anyways, my miniverse didn't have recurring characters as such, as my collection was limited to a couple of big pieces. but i had the BIG police station, and the police command truck (the cool one, not the bigger current one), so i had the 'cool' cop (the one with stubble and a vest/BP jacket and baseball cap). he wasn't in charge, but he was a rebel, and frequently 'stole' everyone elses police vehicles (I seemed to have a few). this especially when the space police came looking for the icemen and/or blacktron and invaded lego city. the space police commander was a good guy, but an alien, and din't care about the humans... so rebel cop would free the prisoner in the police station cell and use him to break onto the space police ship or the alien ship, and usually steal one of those blacktron jetpack things, which he would use to save the world a la bruce willlis.

/lego
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

My legoverse consists of 6 Factions. Each of the races is named after the planet they inhabit. All of the races leaders can use powers like psykers in

The Mercians inhabit Mercury, and are very skeletonish in appearence. They normally dont use vehicles and are so in touch with nature that most of their army is animals. They are not very good at close combat and prefer range. They are represented by the current skeletons in today's knights sets.
They are led by a king named Lheranx, who carries a giant axe that is capable of sonic booms

Venuscos are very sophisticated robots that focus more on overwhelming numbers rather than super soldiers. They also carry more battle tanks than any other race. They are led by K-23, a blood thirsty android that carries a pulse rifle with a chainsaw bayonet like in Gears of War. All droid minifigs capable of using weapons are used

Of course, the Earthlings are one of the younger races, and of course we live on Earth. They focus on super soldiers and heavy weapons to deal with opponents. They are ked by Lyzenter, a powerful psyker that carries a plasma sword into battle. As for the army, they are mostly stormtroopers

The Martians are the fastest of the armies, and can take on everybody in terms of speed, but do not have too many heavy weapons and lack armor. They are led by three senators that never go into public, and instead have a representitive named Jerjygri, who is sort of like a destroyer from the necrons
Life on Mars martoans, trolls, and all of the minifig aliens besides the Mars Mission ones are used

The Plutonians are more like utility droids. They broke off from Venus 368 years ago and started their own civilization, making them the youngest race. Their armies are almost comepletely tanks. They are led by ASD-12 Mk. IV
Think of utility droids from lego sets to imagine them

The last race is the Lost Ones. They live on a planet not too far from Pluto. They are giant and animal-like in appearence. Each Lost One is an army in his own right. The are led by Werdpok, who is the original Makuta from Bionicle. He is the oldest and most powerful creature in the galaxy.
These guys are all shown by matoran and the and other creatures in Bionicle, like theborak and such
NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE
Protoform

Post by NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE »

Wow I've been so busy that Lego has taken a serious backseat, but my Legoverse started out as just Lego until one day when I built a Star Trek like bridge set but instead of Trek it was simply Lego based with the what ever good guys being good guys and Blacktron being the main bad guys, that just kept getting larger and more complicated.

What was a bridge became a bridge and added security...then a sickbay...then engineering...the a shuttlebay. Eventually it became a large grey baseplate...and then two baseplates...a last it eventually was 4 large base plates long on two shelves and I considered it a Trek like 'Starship' called the Explorer.

I've had Blacktron enslave other 'lesser' races such as space fairing pirates, and vikings, and robots, and such.

BUT all of this was well over 5 years ago and is packed up...one day when I get to building my room in the cellar I'll haul them out again.