[VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION]FAO Americans

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Computron

[VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION]FAO Americans

Post by Computron »

Can you get the six nations over in America, In particular New York City.

I only ask as I am gonna be there for 10 days next month as I have to use up a free flight and stupid Computron here booked it to coincide with England vs Wales. I am distraught and were it not for the fact I intend to rape NYC thanks to the excellent exchange rates :) I would consider not going.

I need this information, how hard is it to find pubs/ bars showing the games or is it a six pack and a TV on Sky Sports job?

This is very important to me, As a welsh man rugby is my life and we actually have a good team now for the first time in a few years withg a real shot of beating an England team who are the world champions and have dominated Twickenham for so long (something like 88 was the last time we won there I think

Also if England can get on form it should be the game of the tournament with both sides putting emphasis on fitness and playing expansive rugby
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

While there may be a sports channel showing it, your best bet would probably be finding a hotel (or somewhere, at least) with sattelite TV - the cable channels tend to show the more common sports in America - Football, Baseball, Soccer, Hockey, and the like. I personally have never seen Rugby.

But I live in Massachusetts, not New York, it is possible New York gets the European rugby matches.
He's alive. Go figure.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

If it's any help I did manage to find the GP in Oregon... and I believe the profile of rugby in the country is on the rise...
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

I wouldn't count on any pubs having it, or the locals being willing to watch it even if it is, but there's probably coverage of it on cable, or it might be on pay-per-view television.
Back for good... for Evil.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Your best bet is to find a bar/pub/sports grill that is clearly aimed at immigrants/europeans.

For instance during the last world cup, in the Chicago area, tons of bars aimed at different ethnic groups/countries (Poles, Mexicans, English, etc) had the games, while the standard fare bars didn't.

It being New York, I'm sure you'll find something.