“A definitive guide to combating the undead.”

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Temp.INC Present’s

This presentation is the first of many installments that will help you, the average human combat your everyday undead foe. This will be the first of, hopefully many, installments. So sit back and relax as you are about to read A definitive guide to combating the undead!

Part 1: Zombies

Howdy folks. This guide was created to help you, yes YOU to defeat the undead, in all their many forms. It will deal with such key information as:
  • *Origins
    *Appearance
    *Weaknesses
    *Favorite Color
    *Special Powers
    *Pants
    *Zombie Invasions

As well as a list of things to do and not to do when confronted with this genus of the undead, therefore completely, 100% guaranteed to help you come out alive (not a guarantee)!! Lets get started shall we?

ORIGINS
Zombies pop up everywhere, much like the undead weeds which are constantly threatening my garden and those of my neighbors. Here are some if the most common causes of a zombie outbreak:

Evil Virus
Those whacky government/evil corporations’ scientists can think of nothing better to do in their spare time then make killer robots or even more killtacular killer viruses. When the scientist is happy with the killing power of his/her virus they will then place it in a test to make it look more science-y. Our scientist friend will then either have the test tube passed around until somebody drops it or place it somewhere where a bumbling janitor or lab assistant will certainly knock it off or otherwise break it, thus releasing a deadly zombie plague upon an unsuspecting city/town/world. Oh Umbrella Corp. you rascals!

Spooky Green Meteor
While asteroids and comets threaten global life with their destructive force, another smaller space rock also threatens our existence, or at least the existence of towns with a steady supply of chainsaws, flame throwers and shotguns. That’s right; it’s those pesky glow-y green meteors, which will certainly contain some kind of virus or alien. Ignore the fact that they should have burned up in the atmosphere or that any virus would be killed in the endless vacuum of space, because these evil rocks are out to turn your town of chainsaw wielding rednecks into rampaging zombies. Or else have them mauled one by one by a viscous alien.

Evil Sorcerer
If you’re an evil sorcerer and there are heroics afoot, it’s impossible to resist summoning a horde of undead warriors to do your evil bidding. They’re just so adorable!

APEARANCE
Zombies are easily recognized due to their disgusting smell, subhuman intelligence, violent nature and decaying features. While admittedly this description applies to most homeless people their lives aren’t going anywhere and you should feel free to massacre them with a chainsaw and shotgun in preparation for a real zombie attack.

DEFENSIVE ARSENAL
As everyone knows, when a zombie bites you, you become a zombie. But zombies have a much greater arsenal at their disposal, such as:
  • *Walking forward slowly
    *Swinging arms forward and missing/hitting other zombies
    *Losing arms
    *Getting shot in the head
    *Casting a mystic fog spell (6 Damage + 3 Magic Damage)
    *Falling over other zombies
    *Breaking a hand through a barn door/boarded up window and flailing about it
    *Moaning

HANDLING A ZOMBIE INVASION
Here are some handy hints when zombies start invading your neighborhood.
  • *Always form a group of seven or more members to find shelter or defeat the zombie forces. This provides the basic zombie fighting unit. There’s two people to be needlessly slaughtered, two people to be bitten by zombies, one to go out in a blaze of self destructive glory and two to become romantically entangled and end up surviving the whole thing. You can add as many people as you want to the first two categories, but you should keep the last two low.
    *When bitten by a zombie there are two courses of action you can take: If you are bitten by a zombie during a large scale attack then stay behind while other members of your group run away so you can light a bomb or something equally heroic. Or if you are bitten while running to a shelter and nobody finds out, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to inform your group that you will be trying to rip their faces of with your teeth within the hour. Instead, wait till just before you transform to allow your group to discover the bite wound and tell them then that ‘I can handle it’ or ‘It’s just a little bite’. The gang will mourn the loss for a few seconds and then blow your head off.
    *When choosing a shelter, two favorite destinations are churches and barns. Both providing dozens of places for zombies to use their ‘smash arm through something and moan’ tactic. Also they each provide you with plenty of flimsy pretenses to leave to do some inane task, such as finding a generator or food. You won’t have to worry about finding weapons though, as each of the these locations will provide a myriad of zombie smiting weapons, such as shotguns.
    *Make sure to allow a few hours waiting time for the zombies to catch up before you leave your shelter, as they move slightly slower than a tranquilized slug.

Well, that’s all for this installment! Next time we will be studying the mysterious vampire.

This has been a Temp.INC installment.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

best thing i've read all day...
probably the best thing i will read too
damn it flounder, you fuked up my day already by not allowing it to get any better
admittedly, i'll probably forget this after the snorefest that is science class
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

wow, that was actually pretty good
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Very nice.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Ehh, this is the brain child of my lack of sleep. I was going to do a 'War on Unicron' thing because it was 2005, playing out a parody of the Iraq war (I still might do it) but I got really bored and did this instead. Hmm ... might get started on those webcomics now.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I own a copy of the Official Zombie Survival Guide. Pretty cool book, though I'm pretty sure the "eye-witness accounts" chapter is total bullsh*t.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
I own a copy of the Official Zombie Survival Guide. Pretty cool book, though I'm pretty sure the "eye-witness accounts" chapter is total bullsh*t.

Of course it is, its a book about Zombies! It's make believe ... or is it?
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Tempest
Of course it is, its a book about Zombies! It's make believe ... or is it?

It is.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
It is.
or is it?
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Yeah, but a few of those stories would actually make badass short films. I'd love a chance to do a version of the one exemplifying how it's important to chop up staircases to prevent zombies from reaching the second floor.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Yeah, but a few of those stories would actually make badass short films. I'd love a chance to do a version of the one exemplifying how it's important to chop up staircases to prevent zombies from reaching the second floor.
oh yesh... can't believe i didn't even see that one
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by homerbot
oh yesh... can't believe i didn't even see that one

Too late, they're here!
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Too late, they're here!
ah fsck!

wait... it hasn't been several hours yet though... nor have two of our number been sacrificed needlessly
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Wasn't that in Raptorman?
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Yeah, that was a good idea. A lot of thought was put into that book.

...it's scary.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Yeah, that was a good idea. A lot of thought was put into that book.

...it's scary.
i think i'm gonna get this book for my friend... he's a little zombie obsessed (think about half as bas as largo from megatokyo)
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

What ever happened to Largo? I kenw he went away to do other projects but I haven't been able to find them ...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by KillTheKids
Wasn't that in Raptorman?

Don't recall it being in his, but it was definitely in the Zombie Survival Guide.
Snake
Protoform

Re: “A definitive guide to combating the undead.”

Post by Snake »

Originally posted by Tempest
Spooky Green Meteor
While asteroids and comets threaten global life with their destructive force, another smaller space rock also threatens our existence, or at least the existence of towns with a steady supply of chainsaws, flame throwers and shotguns. That’s right; it’s those pesky glow-y green meteors, which will certainly contain some kind of virus or alien. Ignore the fact that they should have burned up in the atmosphere or that any virus would be killed in the endless vacuum of space, because these evil rocks are out to turn your town of chainsaw wielding rednecks into rampaging zombies. Or else have them mauled one by one by a viscous alien.

That is no meteor, which is why atmospheric entry didn't have any effect on it. This strange glowing, green sphere is actually a sentient entity known as the Loc Nar. Do not try to escape; you are in its' control. Looking upon it will reveal the source of its' nearly infinite power; it is The Sum Of All Evils. Look carefully. Its' power infests all times, all galaxies, all dimensions. But many still seek it out; a green jewel they must possess. But see how it destroys their lives. That is your first lesson, young one. Its' Evil corrupts the most innocent. If you look again, look deep into it, you will realize that on some worlds, it is worshipped as God. Even when someone has the strength to discard it, its' power is not diminished. Someone always finds it. And very few escape its' grasp; even in death its' power continues. From one war to another, its' influence is always present. The paltry armies of the Universe are but playthings to it. This story is almost over. Look into it one final time and see its' Evil destroy your race... and then prepare to DIE...
Oh, sorry; don't know where that came from... must have been channeling something unconsciously there. Anyway, the Zombies created by the Loc Nar cannot be killed by standard means; you must annihilate the bodies or destroy the Loc Nar itself.
Back for good... for Evil.
Sades

Post by Sades »

You forgot the Pants...
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!