Because We Haven't Had A Buffy Thread For A While...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
inflatable dalek

Because We Haven't Had A Buffy Thread For A While...

Post by inflatable dalek »

...And it makes a change from bunnies. Though it's only slightly Buffy connected, I just didn't want to have the shame of starting a thread with Smallville in the title:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_ma ... 1|,00.html
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) For all the things vampire Spike was on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel," one thing he typically was not was the sharpest stake in the drawer.
That's about to change for the man who played him, James Marsters.

Marsters will join the cast of "Smallville" this season, playing a classic villain from the DC Comics universe: Professor Milton Fine, better known as Brainiac. The WB confirmed a percolating rumor of Marsters' casting Friday (July 22) at the Television Critics Association press tour.

The "Smallville" stint may not be the only work on The WB for Marsters. Network head David Janollari says he would "gladly" do a TV movie featuring the Spike character if Marsters and "Buffy"/"Angel" creator Joss Whedon want to do one.
In addition to Brainiac, the fifth season of "Smallville" -- which moves to the ultra-competitive 8 p.m. ET Thursday spot this fall -- will feature an appearance by fellow DC hero Aquaman (not played, unfortunately, by "Entourage" star Adrian Grenier, who's on the verge of filming an "Aquaman" movie in that show).

"He dates Lois Lane [Erica Durance]," says series star Tom Welling, who made the announcement to the assembled critics. "That's not on here, but I'm going to tell you that anyway."

Also this season, Tom Wopat will reunite with his former "Dukes of Hazzard" co-star, John Schneider, for an episode. Wopat will play a childhood friend of Jonathan Kent's (Schneider) who's now a state senator.
What amuses me about this is that a friend has been trying to convince me that Smallville has moved on a bit from desperately trying to be Buffy with the X-Files incidental music stuck on...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Marsters will join the cast of "Smallville" this season, playing a classic villain from the DC Comics universe: Professor Milton Fine, better known as Brainiac.

This could be good. Or REAL bad.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Is he taking the accent?

'Cause that'd be like... hilarious. I'd put myself through an ep of Smallville-with-the-sound-on for that.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

No one should have to put themselves through a episode of Smallville for any reason...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
No one should have to put themselves through a episode of Smallville for any reason...

Allison Mack.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by The HeartBrend Kid
Allison Mack.

mmmmm...yummy! Erica Durance isn't a bad reason either!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Allison Mack.

Indeed.
Sades

Post by Sades »

The only reasons anyone should watch Smallville. Tom Welling is actually much, much more tolerable when you don't actually have to hear him deliver his lines.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Allison Mack.

Is that the new Lois Lane? Doesn't hold a candle to Terry Hatcher (especialy that shoot that used to be in the Lois and Clark titles every week...)
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Is that the new Lois Lane? Doesn't hold a candle to Terry Hatcher (especialy that shoot that used to be in the Lois and Clark titles every week...)

Nonono - Erica Durance is Lois.

Allison Mack is Chloe.

I'd post some form of picture, but I'd feel incredibly sad and lecherous looking for something suitable, when it'd be just as easy for you to Google her yerself ya lazy sod...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Allison Mack.

Yeah. Not really into blondes, but she had it goin' on.
inflatable dalek

Nonono - Erica Durance is Lois.

Allison Mack is Chloe.

I'd post some form of picture, but I'd feel incredibly sad and lecherous looking for something suitable, when it'd be just as easy for you to Google her yerself ya lazy sod...

I'm not googling anything Smallville related, just in case anyone see me do it... I know who you mean though, she's nice, but not really my type. I did actually watch the first few episodes of Smallville (Or Superman-The Early Years if your a C4 executive), but gave up when I realised it was the same episode every week. "Lump of Kryptonite turns someone into a old Buffy/X-Files Monster, Clark fights it, he wins. Moaps about in his loft whilst Lana has a bit of a cry. The end". I'm told they have found a few different plots as the show went on, but every time I catch a new one it seems to be exactly the same.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

"Lump of Kryptonite turns someone into a old Buffy/X-Files Monster, Clark fights it, he wins. Moaps about in his loft whilst Lana has a bit of a cry. The end". I'm told they have found a few different plots as the show went on, but every time I catch a new one it seems to be exactly the same.

No, that is pretty much every episode, still.

They've injected a bit of variety into it, but the Luthors are the main reason for anybody to watch. If you can tolerate Welling's attempts to act and resist the urge to have Kristin Kreuk assassinated, it's worth seeing... :o
inflatable dalek

No, that is pretty much every episode, still.

They've injected a bit of variety into it, but the Luthors are the main reason for anybody to watch. If you can tolerate Welling's attempts to act and resist the urge to have Kristin Kreuk assassinated, it's worth seeing... :o

You se, my list of things I can tolerate doesn't include any of those... Oh, I did love the blatent "Token black charecter who never really does anything except be black". Only Enterprise has been that blatent recently (At least Gunn got a personality and ditched all the "From the street" stuff as Angel went on).
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

and resist the urge to have Kristin Kreuk assassinated,

I dunno. I didn't have that urge. Sure, I wanted Clark to pick Chloe, but if I were ever propositioned by Kristin kreuk, I'd hit that ten ways from sunday. :up:
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Ah, good ol' Pete. Whose role got so much shorter as time went by that, by the time he said he was leaving I'd forgotten he was still in it anyway...

[EDIT] Oh, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't say no, but by gods the character's as bland as hell. All she does is mope around, look miserable then cry a bit.
inflatable dalek

[EDIT] Oh, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't say no, but by gods the character's as bland as hell. All she does is mope around, look miserable then cry a bit.

She has crazy toes... But then, perhaps my standards are just to high? Tom Welling does nothing for me either...

The big problem with Smallville is that everyone just seems a bit embaressed their in a Superman show. Even Christopher Reeves.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I see. Didn't really watch the show much.

Of course, I'd be sure to make her cry . . .

EDIT: Dalek, have you ever seen Boomerang? I think you'd like that movie, judging by the comment you just made. It was a pretty good movie.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

I'd feel incredibly sad and lecherous looking for something suitable

Fortunately for all of us, I have no such feelings as I too benefit from the gazing at the pair! That and I have some time to kill before taking the ferret to the vet...

Alison Mack

Alison with Erica Durance (Lois)

And Erica alone

RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ah, new Lois is cute, but I think Alison Mack is cuter.

EDIT: But just like Kristin Kreuk, I'd make them cry as well. ;)