"Don't's" in public for girls and guys?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Addl
Protoform

"Don't's" in public for girls and guys?

Post by Addl »

How do you see this?

What are people allowed to do/show/say in public without disgusting/insulting others?

Are there things people will tolerate on guys but not on girls or visa versa?

Like getting wasted in public?

I have to admit seeing group of drunken guys at noon hanging around city hall with beer and liquer shouting is not a nice site, but nothing to think more about it...
but seeing drunken girls during daytime drinking beer on the steet has a disqusting taste to it...

I do not know why. I cannot tell you why, but for me, a girl still is a lady and this is not ladylike.

We say "Hey, mabe the guys are celebrating graduation or a brithday hangover" but the first thought coming to mind with girls is "cheap".

While two girls walking and holding hands or hugging is very normal amoung friends here, two guys are automatically considered gay.

I can only support this again.... our girls always greet on another with kisses and huggs while we (guys) stand next to them just saying "hi" or shaking hands. I'd never hug or kiss a guys on the street... at least not sober.

I could guess of much more things. What are "do not's" in public for you?
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
dead robot
Protoform

Post by dead robot »

... drunk people in public are entertaining, especially if they have money ...
Flamemaster Galvatron
Protoform

Re: "Don't's" in public for girls and guys?

Post by Flamemaster Galvatron »

Originally posted by Addl

While two girls walking and holding hands or hugging is very normal amoung friends here, two guys are automatically considered gay.

I can only support this again.... our girls always greet on another with kisses and huggs while we (guys) stand next to them just saying "hi" or shaking hands. I'd never hug or kiss a guys on the street... at least not sober.

I could guess of much more things. What are "do not's" in public for you?

I'm not sure about where you live but over here we have the "bro handshake" when you shake one of your friends hand and you both pull each other in and hug each other. I guess it's something that came out of the "urban" community.
Only you....
Can Start Flame Wars

Even God knows a good catchphrase when he hears one.
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

i cant do anything in public its why i have to hang out in a seedy bar on the bad side of town.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by dead robot
... drunk people in public are entertaining, especially if they have money ...

...and if they don't have money, and want to borrow from you, and there's more of them, that's even funnier

Hmm, when I greet my friend who is male we shake hands, and that's all right with me. Why would I wanna kiss him?
A female friend, now that's a different matter. ;)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I personally find "Alright mate?" to suffice for gents, and girls if Ashra's present. Unless the person is really short. There is absolutely nothing like hurling small people around in public places.
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Pissing in the street...

If you see a guy doing it, it's fair dos, but for girls it's a bit of a no no. I don't care much though, I do it anyway, if it's 3am and you've been drinking all night, well, the street it the best place for it.

Once we went to the 24 hour Tescos in Portsmouth town centre after a night out, the staff wouldn't let me use the toilet even though I was absolutely bursting, so being drunk I bought some loo roll and pissed outside the entrance. Classy lady. ;)

He was in a boy band!
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

What's a loo roll?

I suppose one of the largest differences are the fact that guys can take their shirts off in public with a minimum of fuss, while women can't.
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Originally posted by Strafe
What's a loo roll?

I suppose one of the largest differences are the fact that guys can take their shirts off in public with a minimum of fuss, while women can't.
Toilet roll, toilet paper, restroom paper, that white stuff they advertise with the puppy.

Yeah, dammit, you guys can just walk around outside in the summer and get no tan lines.

He was in a boy band!
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Grabbing a girls ass is a no no unless your a girl doing the grabbing. Or pinching some one, *Pinches nearest archiver* Pinch pinch"
Jonin
Protoform

Post by Jonin »

Originally posted by Sixshot

Yeah, dammit, you guys can just walk around outside in the summer and get no tan lines.

Hey, I doubt the guys would mind if you ladies went about like that...heck even with just underpants on! :p

*gets swatted for that one by every lady on the Archive* :D

...unless you were some gigantor body-type that is.
But hell, guys that are that body-type shouldn't be going about topless either!

That leads to another don't for both genders. Don't go around wearing a shirt 5 sizes too small if your body is 5 sizes too huge! I've seen guys and gals alike wearing outfits with bellies and butts hanging out the bottoms and sides and it's not a pretty sight! Don't they realize how ewww it is? :o
--------
=Jonin=
--------
Jonin's DeviantArt Page
--------
Flamemaster Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Flamemaster Galvatron »

Originally posted by Sixshot
Pissing in the street...

If you see a guy doing it, it's fair dos, but for girls it's a bit of a no no. I don't care much though, I do it anyway, if it's 3am and you've been drinking all night, well, the street it the best place for it.

Once we went to the 24 hour Tescos in Portsmouth town centre after a night out, the staff wouldn't let me use the toilet even though I was absolutely bursting, so being drunk I bought some loo roll and pissed outside the entrance. Classy lady. ;)

Sexy....kind of..:p
Only you....
Can Start Flame Wars

Even God knows a good catchphrase when he hears one.