DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DA-28 Striker Prime or neither?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.

Which Movieverse Leader Prime to buy in addition to ROTF Leader Prime?

ROTF Buster Prime (at today's prices)
50%
DOTM Jetwing Prime
No votes
DOTM Striker Prime
No votes
None - just stick with ROTF Leader Prime and leave the rest
50%

Total votes: 2

numbat

DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DA-28 Striker Prime or neither?

Post by numbat »

Blast you Takara! Once again you offer what look to be better versions of ROTF Leader Prime - only this time there are two!

I missed out on ROTF Buster Prime, as he came out at a point I was starting my own company and really didn't know my financial situation. I would really have loved to get that mold, but the high prices now and the fact he is perhaps too shiny to display alongside other Movieverse figures put me off tracking down the original.

I loved the new look Prime got in DOTM, and had expected Ultimate Prime to do this justice. Sadly, turns out that figure's totally pants (from a collector's point of view - looks great for kids!).

Takara's Jetwing Prime, though, gives the Buster mold (albeit with standard ROTF Leader Prime paint apps), the new look abdomen and the awesome jetpack! He was very tempting indeedy in summer, but I couldn't find him at less than £180 delivered. Way too steep to get past the missus. Now, however, I can find him at £140... Still expensive enough to give me pause. (If the jetpack did covert or store in a trailer that would make it an easy decision - sadly not the case.)

Takara's Striker Prime on the other hand does not offer the Buster guns, but does give the shield and gun Prime uses against Shockwave and an awesome weaponized truck mode, with a new darker paint job I gather. Not quite what I was originally looking for, but awesome in it's own right. Now, I am sorely tempted by this figure also, which is more affordable at around £100 delivered (still a lot for a Leader Class figure though!). If he had the buster guns, I'd probably go for it, but I gather the design prevents them from being a possibility in the first place.

Of course, the accessories for Jetwing Prime are not compatible with Striker Prime, meaning there's no point buying both and selling one Prime on. Also, Jetwing is not compatible with ROTF Leader Jetfire, meaning I'd need to keep ROTF Leader Prime... (Is Striker compatible with Jetfire?) A pain.

If there were a single Prime that came with the jetpack and Striker's accessories I'd go for that at £140... Shame it doesn't exist.

So, anyone have Jetwing and/or Striker and have any views, advice or recommendations?

Anyone know a better cheaper reliable source of Jetwing Primes or Striker Primes?

Or of affordable Buster Primes?

So, I guess there are four options (I have an idea - I'll do a poll!):

- ROTF Buster Prime (at today's prices)
- DOTM Jetwing Prime
- DOTM Striker Prime
- Just stick with ROTF Leader Prime and leave the rest

Ideas?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

If you MUST have an upgraded figure from ROTF Prime, from all those recommendations, go for Striker Prime.

It's the perfect balance of all three figures. It has a nicer paintjob than the boring ROTF\Jetwing version and has a cool stealth mode and guns for his robot mode.

Jetwing has the buster guns and the huge backpack, but little else.

Buster is GORGEOUS but expensive.

I believe that they all can combine with Jetfire [saw you mention that question in the other thread], not sure if the remoulded abs hinder the stupid belt jetfire uses.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I may know something about this.

If you allow yourself only one super-duper premium Japanese version of Leader Prime, get a Buster. Seriously, it's gorgeous. And while you'll have fun playing with the extra bits and bobs initially, any figure ends up spending most of its time on the shelf. Buster Prime, being the prettiest, wins the marathon.

As far as who can use what, any and all can connect to Jetfire (it's only the belt that doesn't sit right on the new belly for Striker and Jetwing). Only Jetwing and Buster can use the jetpack though as you have to take the fuel tanks off (Jetwing may have some additional connection points - can't remember offhand).

Striker does not, in fact, have the original fuel tanks or Buster's gun. He has new ones with small hardpoints to connect the guns for the stealth mode. Striker also does not come with swords, but they are available. A pair is given away free with purchase at Japanese TRUs, but they're $40-$50 by the time the cross the Pacific :(. Why they were simply not included with the toy to begin with is a dumb thing that I do not know.

Of course, there's also Battle Hook Prime from the 2010 US line, but he has the fewest paint applications of any release. New sound chip and hooks, though.
Attachments
prime_shelf.jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

The cheapest way to pick up Buster Prime seems to be in a DOTM two-pack with ROTF Leader Jetfire - at around £200...

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/es ... CatID=82_8

Is this the same Buster Prime, as it were?

(I know it's 'Out of Stock' there, but seems to be banding around elsewhere still - just convenient to link to.)

I think, at all this, I am opting for the 'stick with ROTF Leader Prime' option.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Decepticon Spike

Post by Decepticon Spike »

If there was an option, I'd vote none at all. None of the figures interested me.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Yup, that's the same Buster as the two pack ROTF version [faceplate on, blue flame stripes]. If you do commit to a set like this and don't want the Jetfire, let me know :up:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:Yup, that's the same Buster as the two pack ROTF version [faceplate on, blue flame stripes]. If you do commit to a set like this and don't want the Jetfire, let me know :up:
Now that's something I may consider...

But not until the New Year. My wife's just thrown a wobbly about money.

:)

What would you be looking at spending on the fellow?

Also items on eBay.