Hasbro has eBay crack down on stolen prototypes!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Hasbro has eBay crack down on stolen prototypes!

Post by Nevermore »

As of today, eBay have cancelled several auctions for stolen Alternators and Cybertron prototypes, pointing out winning bidders that the respective item in question
was removed because the intellectual property rights owner notified eBay that the listing potentially infringes its copyright, trademark or other rights. Due to this claim, and the fact that the feedback system is no longer available, we strongly urge you not to complete this transaction.
Anyone still claiming these things are NOT stolen?

And just for the record: No, I never bought one of these things. :p
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It'd be nice to see upcoming toys stuff go back to being a regular posting at Transformers.com (even if some of the stock photos were oddly transformed—eg, Windcharger looks curiously simian in his.)
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Denyer
It'd be nice to see upcoming toys stuff go back to being a regular posting at Transformers.com (even if some of the stock photos were oddly transformed—eg, Windcharger looks curiously simian in his.)

Or actually (**** me silly if this is a little revolutionary) become a surprise as to what's coming out again!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I think a bit of advance warning would be a sensible tack to take, given that distribution over the last year or two has become limited. (Not that that's anything new to those outside the US, but it's now patchy inside as well.)

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/ener ... efault.cfm

^ That was the last toy thing anyone bothered to post. It'd just be nice to get information direct rather than doing the hop around online retailers for an inkling of what isn't being delivered to XX state.

The "wait until stuff is in stores" approach (coupled with changes to things such as GF Starscream) is part of what has people importing from Japan—it's sometimes difficult to know what will actually make it over, which encourages people to shop elsewhere before things go off shelves.
RID Scourge

Re: Hasbro has eBay crack down on stolen prototypes!

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Anyone still claiming these things are NOT stolen?

Well, if it's not, then why'd it take them so long to do this? I say it's part of the stunt. :p

And if it's not, then I think it would have been a great idea for them to start leaking them, as it allows us to see what they've got up their sleaves.
chimung
Protoform

Re:

Post by chimung »

Surprised not so much!
I am surprised this didn't happen ALOT sooner!
Makes you wonder if Takara or Hasbro employees even know what the word security means!

Now if the next TF show can give the the satisfaction that every show since RID couldn't THIS would be a surprise! It's too late for Cybertron.
wreckie
Protoform

Re: Re:

Post by wreckie »

Originally posted by chimung
Now if the next TF show can give the the satisfaction that every show since RID couldn't THIS would be a surprise! It's too late for Cybertron.

Oh, you've seen it already, have you? :wtf:
chimung
Protoform

Re:

Post by chimung »

I've seen enough episodes of Galaxy Force to become turned off from the Cybertron version. They aren't going to make it any better with the dub, it will be the same "Armada the 3rd" plot just more dumbed down, alot of the other people here are gonna love it, and call me a heretic for my dislike of it!
I was really excited about the prospect of the new show until I saw the first 5 episodes, it's a mix of Transformers, Captain Planet, and Pokemon all over again, and something tells me the dub isn't going to make it any better.
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

Cybertron Black Zarak is still on ebay :p
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If it's a finished sample distributed to dealers, it'd be out of their hands.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Personally, I think this is good news.

While I don't mind seeing leaked pics of upcoming releases, the entire dealing business with stolen preproduction items (I mean, there's been like 20+ test shots for some toys up on eBay - BY THE SAME SELLER) was just pissing me off.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I wouldn't mind seeing some stolen protos of the convention exclusives before I decide to spend that kind of money...don't want to end up with 3 Mini-cons, 3 Deluxes, and 1 Mega or something asinine like that.
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

Post by Koolbeans X-treme »

pls half the fun on alternators is guessing who they will be before we are gievn a name, like with ironhide/skids. unless its been confiremed and i dont know about it
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Koolbeans X-treme
pls half the fun on alternators is guessing who they will be before we are gievn a name, like with ironhide/skids. unless its been confiremed and i dont know about it

And this has what to do with the fact that these things are STOLEN?
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

I think Hasbro should keep an eye on their prototypes in exibit shows and factories rather than just yell STOLEN STOLEN!!

Really, how hard would it be to put someone to watch over the merchindise and make sure he is reliable enough not to make it "dissapear" himself....
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

If the factories are in China and Hasro is in the USA...
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Originally posted by Nevermore
And this has what to do with the fact that these things are STOLEN?

Nothing. But before you tear apart the supporters two things. The company security directpr and site managers should be fired and blacklisted because that is a serious problem with corporate secrets second hasbro needs to update constantly with new Inventory to kill the demand for information.