Another Autobot/Decepticon Leader Thread Thingy

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Aardvark

Another Autobot/Decepticon Leader Thread Thingy

Post by Aardvark »

Well this is a he-haw of a thread but who do you think out of the comics would have made a good leader for the two respective sides that never actually became leader And I mean purely from the comic. Their tech specs won't wash with this thread. Who actually displayed leadership qualities?

So once again discuss...discuss I say

Hmmm....Krok???? Well he didn't show any signs of killing Bludgeon so its a step up from most decepticon lieutenants.

Anyway discuss...
-Alex???
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Prowl really deserved his day in the sun after waiting in the wings all thsoe years.

I allways found it interesting that despite being all in favour of Truth, Justice and the Autobot way our hero's only chose their leaders one of two ways: Either the dying olf leader named his succesor with his last breath or a big glowing ball chose for them. Now I'm not suggesting they stop for an election in the middle of a war but the Maximals found time to have a simple vote for the lowely position of their leader in Chain of Command.

The Cybertron based Decepticons seemed to have come up with a much fairer and more ornate selection process whilst Megs was sleeping in the Ark. And before anyone says Thunderwing didn't deserve to be leader, we don't actually know what happened to the other contenders, they might have all done worse or even died in the final trial. Hmmmm, I wonder if Ratbat went through the same process?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I also like to think that Bludgeon only rose to prominence due to his pretender shell, which I like to think he only received relatively near the time he appears in the comics
-Alex???
inflatable dalek

I thought he became leader because he had a big sword myself.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Well he became Leader because he was Scorpy's number 2. I always felt sorry for Octopunch losing out to Krok as Blugeon's number 2
-Alex???
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
And before anyone says Thunderwing didn't deserve to be leader, we don't actually know what happened to the other contenders, they might have all done worse or even died in the final trial.

They'd have bloody had to, to be honest. considering we heard nothing of them, presumably the contenders all managed to die leaving their houeses the morning of the test, thus leaving Thunderwing with a very narrow victory.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

If only the triumverate were still alive. They could of taken full control of the cons. I love those guys I have to say. Its a petty the comic exclusive characters are left to fester away...Rack n Ruin:(
-Alex???
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Aardvark
Well he became Leader because he was Scorpy's number 2. I always felt sorry for Octopunch losing out to Krok as Blugeon's number 2
Actually, he wasn't. :) If you re-read Out of Time (US#73), you'll notice that Soundwave is actually the guy that's in charge of Scorponok's troops whilst the big guy is off throwing cruise ships at Shockwave. Bludgeon had obviously become one of Scorpy's more trusted advisors (we saw that in #71), but he wasn't the one left standing at the top of the food chain when Scorpy got melted.

Funnily enough, he would have held a similar position in the Cybertron-based Decepticons. He certainly wasn't the highest-ranking guy left; Spinister definately had seniority on him, and I'm sure Prime would have had to have turned him and the other 'Con prisoners over to Scorponok when he surrendered. Perhaps a couple of others, too; Krok seemed to address Sword Boy as an equal when he first showed up (in #76), and Snarler would still have been his superior officer (assuming anyone bothered to sweep him up after Earthforce, like they seemed to have done with the Targetmasters).

But because he had held positions of respect and authority in both the Earthbound and Cybertronian Decepticon armies, he was the only guy that both sides could agree on. I seriously doubt anyone else could have gotten the dregs of three seperate armies to work together so seamlessly just by glaring at them a little the way he did.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'd say Sinister would have been demoted (or maybe even worse :() for being taken alive by the Autobots...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Flywheels.

It's my answer to everything these days...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I was thinking Onslaught for the Decepticons, though that owes more to his TMU stories. He'd have a slight bias towards his Combaticons, but then, for Decepticons, they were a fairly competent bunch. Beyond that... well, let's be honest, most Decepticons were leader at some point.

For the Autobots... bit more difficult. I'd say Prowl, but then he did have command a few times, for whatever reason, so I'm not sure if he'd count. Beyond that, Hotspot's leadership of THE WORST TEAM EVER was impressive, all things considered. And by that I mean he managed to get Brawn killed, which is always funny.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by Warcry
Actually, he wasn't. :) If you re-read Out of Time (US#73), you'll notice that Soundwave is actually the guy that's in charge of Scorponok's troops whilst the big guy is off throwing cruise ships at Shockwave. Bludgeon had obviously become one of Scorpy's more trusted advisors (we saw that in #71), but he wasn't the one left standing at the top of the food chain when Scorpy got melted.

Funnily enough, he would have held a similar position in the Cybertron-based Decepticons. He certainly wasn't the highest-ranking guy left; Spinister definately had seniority on him, and I'm sure Prime would have had to have turned him and the other 'Con prisoners over to Scorponok when he surrendered. Perhaps a couple of others, too; Krok seemed to address Sword Boy as an equal when he first showed up (in #76), and Snarler would still have been his superior officer (assuming anyone bothered to sweep him up after Earthforce, like they seemed to have done with the Targetmasters).

But because he had held positions of respect and authority in both the Earthbound and Cybertronian Decepticon armies, he was the only guy that both sides could agree on. I seriously doubt anyone else could have gotten the dregs of three seperate armies to work together so seamlessly just by glaring at them a little the way he did.

NEW EDIT:
Yeah I know he wasn't officially second in command same goes for Krok . At the time number two sounded right but yeah bad choice of phrasing...go to guy would be more apt... anyhoo...

It is true that Spinister was in charge of Bludgeon and co
But the impression I got from the UK bw stories that Bludgeon and his 2 pals were high class Decepticon mercineries, possibly "Employed" to spinister's mayhem attack squad.:)
-Alex???
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I'd say Sinister would have been demoted (or maybe even worse :() for being taken alive by the Autobots...
I dunno...if past history is any indication, the Decepticons don't think these things through the way normal folk would. I mean, Starscream spent a couple years locked in a freezer in the back of the Ark, and ten seconds after he got sprung, Ratbat made the guy his XO...

And Scorponok...he promoted random strangers like Soundwave and Bludgeon over the heads of his own troops (and the guy wonders why he had a problem with deserters... :rolleyes: ).
...Hotspot's leadership of THE WORST TEAM EVER was impressive, all things considered. And by that I mean he managed to get Brawn killed, which is always funny.
As much as I approve of any form of Brawn-killing, I'd say that Hot Spot got what he deserved for taking such a crappy squad out to hunt down someone of Megatron's calibre in the first place...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Onslaught definitely stands out from the rest of the special team leaders as the most competent although Razorclaw might be an interesting choice.

I think Skystalker would be interesting as Con leader although a micromaster orange sports car as leader isn't as improbable as it first sounds given that Ratbat made it.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Warcry

As much as I approve of any form of Brawn-killing, I'd say that Hot Spot got what he deserved for taking such a crappy squad out to hunt down someone of Megatron's calibre in the first place...

He was framed by Optimus!

"Okay, Hotspot. You've been needling for some more responsibility. Take this team to Earth to kill Megatron... you can have a Throttlebot, we're not really sure, which one, but there we go; Blaster's pet cat; the nerd Aerialbot, that Triggerbot there who's hiding around the side of Autobase thinking I don't know he's having a smoke, and an unarmed Minibot jock who has a habit of dying stupidly."
"Why don't I just take the Protectobots?"
"Do I try to tell you how to do your job? Huh? Huh? Huh? Now, piss off. Our elite warriors are waiting for my shopping list."

etc, etc and so on.
inflatable dalek

Mr. Sinister from the Favorite Villains thread?

Springer seemed to do a good job as Wreaker leader despite being put in charge five minuets after joining them.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Mr. Sinister from the Favorite Villains thread?

Wreaker minuets

Isn't Owning yourself basically cyber-masturbation?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

He was framed by Optimus!
Serves him right for letting Blades bugger off and join Grimlock's posse. If he can't keep his own troops in line, Prime obviously can't trust him with the lives of any Autobots that actually matter...
inflatable dalek

Isn't Owning yourself basically cyber-masturbation?

All masturbation is good inb my book.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

All masturbation is good inb my book.

Bet thats a quick read. She knows...
-Alex???