So....THE END! Yes THE END! [of the Universe!]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

So....THE END! Yes THE END!

Post by Jetfire »

How do you think the universe will end?

I'm not just talking earth, but the whole of existance-THE END TO INFINITY.

I know the physic's theory of it-thebig crunch. The expansion velocity of the universe edventually is weaker than it's gravtional pull thus everything starts to get pulled to the centre and condensed to about the size between an atom and a 5 pense peice (depends on what you read) and another big bang...another universe? Or just the end?

Will other dimentions interfear? Do they even exist?
Will mankind out live the earth to even watch the universal end in many billions of years time?
Will Mankinf survive the end of the earth?
Could human even escape the universe?
Any theorys you have your self?

Any really good web site's on this?
I searched a few and theres nothing I don't know and I get tired of checking 20 sites or so for 1 really good one.
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

God will save us!

Err, I'm not sure what I think will happen, chances of it ending in my lifetime are slim to none so it ain't my problem. And it hurts to think about something I can't comprehend. I used to think about this sort of thing a lot, but I hate not knowing the answers, so I stopped.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by LordSixshot
God will save us!

Err, I'm not sure what I think will happen, chances of it ending in my lifetime are slim to none so it ain't my problem. And it hurts to think about something I can't comprehend. I used to think about this sort of thing a lot, but I hate not knowing the answers, so I stopped.
Strange. I absolutly love pondering stuff I can barly/can'y comprehend and stuff concerning the universe, its size, its vastness, its creation, its movement, its spectacular sites, its physics, the science fiction directly concerned with it intrigues me to no end and the whole ambigious nature of the answers intrigues me more.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Oh everything will be around just squashed really really reaaallllllllyyyy small. :)
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
S
Protoform

Post by S »

I'm not quite sure, but I am under the impression that the most recent measurements for the hubble constant indicate that the gravitational pull is in fact not strong enough to pull all the matter back into one place, so I'd say the real end for all life (if we/they survive that long) is an inevitable heat death. A bit bleak, but not really relevant for me personally.
- S
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

uh.......probably everything is going to implode and we all will get crushed :)
Jim

Post by Jim »

CNN.com has a dedicated section to Space, which contains a ton of interesting articles on the Universe/Black Matter/Gravity.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

I think the physics theory isn't really something I'm up for beileving. I trust in Scientist way to much and I really should stop I was really close to wanting to leave Vancouver in 2001 because of scientists when it turned out they were fulla ****.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by S
I'm not quite sure, but I am under the impression that the most recent measurements for the hubble constant indicate that the gravitational pull is in fact not strong enough to pull all the matter back into one place, so I'd say the real end for all life (if we/they survive that long) is an inevitable heat death. A bit bleak, but not really relevant for me personally.
Yeah I read in some Astronomy magazine that they figured that their will be no "big crunch" or implosion of matter. That means the universe will never end right? Just all the stars burn out eventually, how boring.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

The universe is going to end when it is completely demolished to build a giant Starbucks...
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

The Sun will explode killing us, that is if we didnt colonize other planets, and then the universe will collapse.

Farfetched ideas...