More TF post-DW comic rumors

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

More TF post-DW comic rumors

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=4522

Keep in mind those come from Seibertron...

My two cents: NO FRIGGIN' MAINSTREAM DCU TIE-IN CRAP!!!!! I don't want to see Optimus Prime regularly team up with Superman, while Lex Luthor attempts to control Megatron and that sort. TF continuity is confusing enough. There's no reason to complicate it even further by meshing it with another hopelessly messed up continuity...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I think DD will get it. However, I can see Cybertron going separately to a different publisher—that's quite plausible.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I'd be kind of surprised if DD did Cybertron unless Hasbro makes them as part of picking up the license. Somehow I think they'd chafe at having the restrictions/guidelines that would likely go along with a comic tied into a current toyline.

Also wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro did tighten up the "rules" for writing Cybertron and wanted it aimed more at the kids than Armada and Energon were.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Somehow I think they'd chafe at having the restrictions/guidelines that would likely go along with a comic tied into a current toyline.

i agree, you can say what you want about DDP, but they do like to mess around with their licenses, the GIJOE comics are going through some pretty drastic changes atm...

didnt like the cop out they did with cobra commander being unmasked though, i got so excited about that!
Wildrider

Batman Vs Nightbeat

Post by Wildrider »

Haha fully fledged membership in the DC universe, what a prospect imagine the storylines

Batman and Nightbeat Vs The Joker and Galvatron...........

I'd love to see Superman in his own pretender shell with his Clark Kent mini-cons fighting the transparent takara re-issue of solid green kryptonite limited edition er......Hoist. *shrug*

Taken it for granted that someone will pick up the franchise, what's going to happen to th people who actually wrote/drew/inked etc, you know the people who 'created' in the first place. Do you think anyone will get picked up to carry on from the DW debacle.

Shirley they'll have their own crew to either imitate DWs style or redesign to their own artists specifications. What about ole Don and the others?

And don't call me Shirley!:eyebrow: :
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wow, none of that [referring to the first post] sounded like it was made up on the spot.

Why exactly would DC want Transformers? They could easily match the sales by putting out another monthly Batman book for about 1% of the hassle. Closest would be Wildstorm.

Someone that sort of level will get the thing. Like most people, I think Devil's Due are the best bet.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

If Wildstorm would pick up Transformers, they'd just screw it up like they did Thundercats, with nothing but 5-part mini-series' that hardly tie together neatly.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Jhiaxus
If Wildstorm would pick up Transformers, they'd just screw it up like they did Thundercats, with nothing but 5-part mini-series' that hardly tie together neatly.

Wildstorm's done an alright job with the Thundercats. Reclaiming Thundera and Dogs of War fit together nicely and were a good continuation of the original series. Hammer Hand's Revenge and Enemy's Pride take place between the two, which works fine. Though I'd have preferred a continuation from Dogs of War.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Wildstorm's Thundercats turned to crap after Dogs of War. Neither of the series that followed it were good enough for me to buy more than the first or second issues and Enemy's Pride had writing that made me wonder if it came from a bad Engrish translation of some Japanese story.

I think Wildstorm would be more of a gamble than DD.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Wildrider
Taken it for granted that someone will pick up the franchise, what's going to happen to th people who actually wrote/drew/inked etc, you know the people who 'created' in the first place. Do you think anyone will get picked up to carry on from the DW debacle.
If, as I suspect, DD will be involving Pat Lee and the newly plague-rat-weaselled-from-sinking-ship'd DreamEngine, I heartily encourage people to boycott...
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

They better not f*** up the DCU with Transformers crap!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Denyer
If, as I suspect, DD will be involving Pat Lee and the newly plague-rat-weaselled-from-sinking-ship'd DreamEngine, I heartily encourage people to boycott...

Way ahead of ya! It's more or less I ran out of money at one point and couldn't be arsed to catch up, but a non-sale's a non-sale. ;)
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

If DC gets the license, then all hopes of having the DW continuity wrapped up will be completely dashed.

Now I don't know how many care about that, but I certainly do (seems like most do looking at the sentiment on other TF message boards).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

We generally only ever see a vocal minority shout loudest as far as forums are concerned, remember.

I'm not bothered about a regular TF comic unless it dovetails from the mess made by DW, personally—but I hope what's there at least gets wrapped up for the sake of DW readers; books being cancelled mid-story is incredibly annoying.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'm hoping they at least finish AOW as despite the padding in the issues we did get it was still the best thing DW were doing... (Perhaps it could be completed in the tpb if nothing else...).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

DC? Oh my Primus ... S**T, this is the worst possible new
TF as part of DC universe? Who insane maniac will accept this? yes ,Spiderman appeared in ONE eps, but i'm not sure that TF was part of Marvel universe....
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Ghirox
Who insane maniac will accept this? yes ,Spiderman appeared in ONE eps, but i'm not sure that TF was part of Marvel universe....

The Spider-Man cameo was later retroactively removed from existence. Not sure about the Savage Land and Circit Breaker's cameo in Secret Wars II, though.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Blacknife
Protoform

Post by Blacknife »

Actually, I'm probably one of the minority where I think TFs involved in a "mainstream" comic universe could work.

I created a fanfic group about it. I think we did pretty well considering. I could only imagine what the professionals could do with it.

I'm trying to get a mirror up since the other server is now down, but you can still pull up the stories through the Internet archive.

http://web.archive.org/web/200208020205 ... tion/mutf/
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Nevermore
The Spider-Man cameo was later retroactively removed from existence. Not sure about the Savage Land and Circit Breaker's cameo in Secret Wars II, though.

Really? I hadn't heard about that (it's one of the few Marvel issues I have). How'd they remove it?
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth DrSpengler:
Really? I hadn't heard about that (it's one of the few Marvel issues I have). How'd they remove it?

Essentially, they just ignored it. One could assume that the Savage Land, Spider-man, and the Marvel characters mentioned in the original mini-series were alternate universe versions of the 'real' Marvel Universe place/characters. Something similar could be claimed for the Circuit Breaker within Secret Wars.
However, the Transformers version of the Savage Land was reused later on in the UK series in a story that ended with the dying Snarl's mind patterns/spark housed in the body of a real stegosaur - a bizarre and not very palatable twist ending in my opinion.

Transformers in the DCU would be fine if it were an "Elseworlds" type mini-series, a 'what if the Transformers existed in the DC Universe'-type thing outside of what passes for a main continuity in both franchises.