fave foods...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
*BARRAGE*

fave foods...

Post by *BARRAGE* »

in the vein of "getting to know everyone" heres a question...

whats your favorite food for breakfast- lunch- dinner- runnin' from the police- etc

overall- chinese food is my favorite (theres not much chinese food i don't like...) and i like a lot of mexican food as well... burgers are always good... ramen, chicken, potatoes, and lots of hot sauce is my main diet...

Breakfast: bagels (one with creamcheese and one with strawberry jam) and some coffee, or hash browns- eggs-and bacon...chorizo and eggs...

Lunch: cuban sandwich (turkey sandwich with creamcheese and strawberry jam... hmm, theres a pattern forming and i didn't notice it), or maybe tacos or some pizza, some sweet and sour chicken- home made salmon steaks...

Dinner: pizza, chinese food (mostly beef and broccoli or hunan chicken), burgers, spaghetti, chicken and taters

runnin' from the police: boneless buffalo wings, french fries and beer (Guiness or Budweiser, mostly guiness)
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

beer ? I thought you were straight edge...

I love making pizza, especially saturday when I can get nice cheese off the market, and put cream in pretty much everything I cook.. which is usually curry. Sometimes do myself a slap-up eggz and beanz breakfast on sunday out of habit.

Generally though I live on a semi-bolemic diet of sugared coffee and cigarettes. My activities don't burn an awful lot of calories, I just need fast sugars and ... er, drugs.

"forever young ..."

edit : guinness = grail of cool
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

Originally posted by slartibartfast
beer ? I thought you were straight edge...

i tried for about a year and a half... but i like a beer every once and a while, but that was when i thought you just couldn't drink to excess... but a friend of mine who is a vegan straight edge hippie informed me otherwise... dangit!

mmmm, cheese...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Hound

Post by Hound »

I like simple things that don't require a lot of ingredients.

For breakfast, eggs, sausage, toast and potatoes o'brien.

For lunch, Ramen and trukey sandwich.

For dinner, steak or chicken, corn and potatoes or Lasagna (which I cannot make but love when someone else makes it.)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Ah, one of my favourite type of topics...

For breakfast, if I ever eat anything, it's going to be quaker oats with milk. I avoid trying to cook anything early on.

For lunch, I'm rather fond of tuna sandwiches. Spaghetti with pesto is also a close favourite.

Whenever I eat dinner, I prefer pizza [cheese and tomato sauce, peppers from time to time] or souvlakia [gyros for you ignorants].

...and I wonder why I'm so slim...I regularly skip two out of three meals.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

I try to eat every three hours.

As it is important to consume 1 protein and two vegetable servings per feeding opportunity with at least .8-1 gram of protein per pound of bodyfat (i weigh 170 welterweight in grappling competition), I plan meals accordingly but they can be highly variable (except breakfast thats pretty static).

breakfast time: 2 eggs, two slices of toast with peanut butter, orange, banana, 1 glass of milk, 2 calcium tablets and 2 omega-3 fish oil capsules.

Notes: I love this meal its very filling and provides 40 odd grams of protein right off the bat. also considering that a glass of milk has roughly 35% of the alloted calcium and the tablets pretty much cover me for calcium for the day. also I only need like one more fish oil capsule later on to get that intake. oranges are one of the best fruits around for nutritional purposes and goes a long way for my vitamin C as well adding the Banana for fruit/vegetable requirements.

dinner/lunch: Usually something I can cook in a flash. I don't eat boxed meats (chicken nuggets etc.) But I buy alot of boneless chicken and the like. usually cook some sort of stir fry for this meal. with peppers/onion/tomato thrown in the wok. I always have a bag of frozen vegetables handy as they are quick to prepare. steam them while I wait and serve togather with rice.

Notes: Well we cant go wrong with lean meats and stir fry staples are great. cooked tomato is more vitamin C while the act of cooking releases leucopines that help reduce the risk of cancer. frozen vegetables are of the broccoli/cauliflower/carrot variety which are mostly cruciferous vegetables which are very good for you. Rice is also a nice source of fiber.

Supper: usually have more time to prepare so its usually a oven roasted meat or a steak of some kind with boiled vegetables now that I have time. potato/fresh carrot/turnip that kind of stuff. I can also use frozen vegetables to pickup the slack. around this time I like to bring in the power of carbs so a pasta side is also possible(lipton sidekick kind of deal). Spaghetti or goulash is also a popular meal in this time bracket.

Apres. supperish: usually go with something light as I am lazy. smoothie time. three scoops of protein blended with 2 cups of cranberry juice, 2 cups of frozen mixed berries, a few spoonfuls of yogurt, and smidgen of powdered gatorade (elecrolyte restoration if I worked out/or had judo that day which is probable). it tastes better than it sounds as ive cleaverly have all the disparate ingredients in the same taste family (berryish stuff)

if im still up after that i might have a bowl of multi-grain cheerios, a glass of protein and a glass of greens +(a vegetable drink suppliment) just to call it a night.

of course If im not training i obviously cant consume all this and may skip a few in between. then its just breakfast/supper/smoothie...depending on what my body wants/needs.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Fave foods? Um. An partial to crisps or peanuts at any time of the day - full fat and salty, preferably, to help deal with the low cholesterol and blood pressure (yeah, true, some of us suffer from them).

Breakfast - cereal. Might be mueseli, might be Frosties or porridge.

Lunch - heh, for a mostly veggie, I still like mushroom pate sarnies with watercress, if I can get it. Otherwise, various cheeses. On a cold day it has to be a cheese and mushroom toastie from the small local cafe.

Dinner - sharing such culinary wonders as Chicken Dippers or Fish Fingers with the Scraplets (if the Beloved has gone cinema etc), which is fun. I love omlettes, and boiled rice with a nice vegetable stirfry, or maybe a homemade Paneer Korma.

Throw in an apple or so, maybe a bananana, grapes or peas in the shell and that's my lot. Except for a packet of crisps somewhere, 'natch.

How come males eat/devour/engulf so much food?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Clogs
How come males eat/devour/engulf so much food?

Because we don't believe the notion that being unable to see our ribs means that we're fat.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

eating alot wont make you fat anyway. its all about what you eat and what your lifestyle is like.

Women usually don't require as much food anyway and when I wasn't training i didn't need near that much. also metabolism is an important factor in both what you put on weight wise and how much you eat. I'm burning through the food fairly rapidly but when I was out on a knee injury last year while preparing for provincials a little to hard my consumption slowed to a crawl.

really it depends on what your doing.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

I've been starting the day with cereal again, mostly something of the variety of honey bunches of oats or raisin Bran. It's always better with two scoops.

Lunch: typical a home packed sandwich of turkey, ham, or salami with cheese on white bread, with a bag of chips, apple, string cheese, maybe a pudding if I've got it.

dinner: huh. well, this is what gets me. last night it was just filthy pizza, a massive new-york style 19" with pepperoni, sausage, onions, peppers, extra cheese... delicious. a lot of times I end up eating junk, as if that listed was better. I like a nice pasta, try to make my own sauce, but i usually am too lazy/pressed for time to do that. Eggs for dinner has happened a few times in the last few weeks.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Fave food:Well,Mexican and Itialian.

Breakfast:Have cearal usually.Honey bunches oats a yes,but have put in coco pebbles or something of the like every once in a while.Or if I want to go all out, big old country style breakfast,three or four eggs,hashbrowns,sausage and bacon and ham,toast,possibly waffles and pancakes.A stack of at least three.

Lunch: Sandwiches or some hot lunch from the deli at the place I work.

Supper: Pasta's,pizza what not.Sometimes breakfast,and mostly with beer.And sometimes we go all out and make fajjitta's or a lot of spegattii.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

just recently got more rattlesnake jerky from my friends dad... now thats tasty...

wish i could find snake meatof gator meat somewhere... being in michigan kinda hampers the ability to find odd foods...

anyone else eat wierd things just to say they did?
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Breakfast:egg-n-sausage burrito with toast and orange juice,protein shake(made by myself),cereal,pancakes,waffles

Lunch and Dinner:
any type of pasta.Spicy enchiladas with sour cream layered on top,chile,In-n-out Burgers,turkey sandwiches,Chinese food,Japanese food,Stir fry(yum yum),fish,cheese fondue(haven't had that in a while),hot dogs,nachos,jerky

Desert:Ice cream,banana bread,malts,Hershey bars,cake,tennis ball sized jaw breakers,Crunch bars,corn bread,taffy

That's all i can think of
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Rodimus Convoy

Post by Rodimus Convoy »

Breakfast= Waffles
Lunch= More waffles
Dinner= Bigger waffles
Running from the Po-Po= Dog food

P.S. All aforementioned waffles are of the frozen blueberry Eggo variety.
P.P.S. The Dog Food is to evade the canine units that will presumably be in pursuit. I DO NOT EAT DOG FOOD.