Technorganic Origins

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Silverline
Protoform

Technorganic Orgins

Post by Silverline »

Just curious, since I'm fairly certain that there hasn't been anything outside off fanfiction that continued any stories after Beast Machines, but what do you think would have come about with all of Cybertron being Reformatted into a Technorganic plannet? And just what kinda effect would it have on all these transformers?

Really, while people seem to think that Beast Machines in itself was a bad series I'm still wondering what it would have been like if the series had been followed up with that effect.

Thoughts?
"Oh, Dark Venom of my heart!"
"There's only one Transformer I know That could say that with a straight face!"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Silverline
fairly certain that there hasn't been anything outside off fanfiction that continued any stories after Beast Machines

There were the 3H Universe convention comics, which were licensed, produced during the DW era...

http://tfarchive.com/comics/dreamwave/g ... tfuniverse

The intended main line follow-up to BM was to have been TransTech...

http://tfarchive.com/fandom/transtech/

So you might see something along those lines next year:

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... adid=41898
Silverline
Protoform

Post by Silverline »

Ohh, sorry about that. I've only recently got back into the whole Transformer love and the fact that I've only been exposed to the Beast Era doesn't help at all. I've started watching the original G1 On youtube and I've rewatched the entire Beast Era (which I own) so I'm trying to catch up on everything.

Comics, that I'm not so sure of when it comes to learning about.

I do have one major question though: The TFCC? They're more or less making a fan comic based off the ill fated TransTech right? Or am I reading this wrong and they're actually adding to the continuity itself?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's as official as any other licensed TF fic. (Which is something rather different to being good, as most of the convention and club comics over the last decade or so haven't been...)

Not many details so far on what will come out next year, but the best source of info on old convention stuff, Universe and more recent club comics at the moment is probably the Teletraan-1 wiki:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

TFCC will be adding to a continuity, most probably factoring it into their own and doing something inspired by the Draxhall designs. After twenty+ years there are rather a lot of continuities, most with their own incompatible timelines.
Silverline
Protoform

Post by Silverline »

Mmmm, alright. It almost sounds like something DC would get itself into, there by forcing a reset of the entire Continuity....(Of course, considering what they've done with that and also the more recent Transformers with Armada, Energon and the like....). Still, as far as adding onto the BM and by part BW I've gotta say that I'd love to put my skills as a writer forward towards that.

Also, I must say thanks for the weblink, and I'll be sure to be reading through all the files so I won't have my information limited to just the Beast Era. However, I've gotta say one thing about the end of BW and that is they did a fantastic job of taking the Ark and Nemesis and rendering them into CGI.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

After Beast Wars?

There's no way this side of Heaven that I'll live long enough to write that part of the story. :D

Actually ... I've pretty much assumed that others have approached this issue to. Be interesting to see what they did.

I always thought that the most promising courses would be the Cybertronians who weren't on Cybertron (there may be a lot of them), who may have even stayed away if a "plague alert" went out about Megatron's little ... um, "gift." Not that I'm suggesting the title Transformers: Weed Control Wars for a series. ;)

Beyond that, I've wondered about the psychological effects of what Megs did with the sparks. Sure, they've been saying "Till all are one" for ages, but that looked a bit like locking a kid in a closet with some smokes and not letting him out till they're all gone.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"