And the SDCC Transformer exclusive is... a hair metal band?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

And the SDCC Transformer exclusive is... a hair metal band?

Post by Clay »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... on-180202/

Completely silly, but given that they went all out with it, it's actually rather kitsch. Too bad Rumble doesn't have a decent deluxe figure to use for the drummer.

EDIT: I guess Soundwave is doing some beatbox to cover the percussion. THIS IS IMPORTANT AND WORTH EDITING THE POST FOR.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Wow. That's... words fail me. This might be one of those things that's so ridiculously stupid it's almost cool. Not enough to bother trying to get one though
Sades

Post by Sades »

Clay wrote: EDIT: I guess Soundwave is doing some beatbox to cover the percussion. THIS IS IMPORTANT AND WORTH EDITING THE POST FOR.
I came here to say this, and so instead I must say this.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

That is ****ing superb.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

You have got to be shitting me.

This is the corniest thing they have ever done.

That Soundwave looks great!
Come on and wind me up.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

NEWSFLASH FROM ONE OF THE SHITBAGS AT TFW: THE POSTER MIGHT BE A SLIGHT RIP-OFF OF AN IRON MAIDEN COVER.

This exclusive seems to have upset a lot of people. Which basically makes everything okay.

The actual music is likely to be worse than popping around your mother's and finding her being gang-raped by nine Hitlers, though.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Nien hitlers?
Come on and wind me up.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Nein. Ja, Hitler, ja, oh JA!!!
Wreck and Rule!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Really? People are upset that Iron Maiden's 'The Trooper' is being homaged?

Jesus H Jones.

Perhaps someone's doesn't like the implications of Iron Maiden being linked to hair metal stuff like Twisted Sister...whom this musical beat combo look uncannily like. Them or Cinderella in their pomp!

I just thought this was a fun way of riffing off the Transformers '80s heritage.

Should have known the vast majority of Transformers fans have no sense of humour, because we all know this is a proper serious Sci Fi franchise and all.

The toys themselves look a bit ugly and messy though.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Skyquake87 wrote:Really? People are upset that Iron Maiden's 'The Trooper' is being homaged?

Crazy, innit? Makes me want to Run To The Hills. ;)
Skyquake87 wrote:The toys themselves look a bit ugly and messy though.

And that's before they painted them in neon animal prints and gave them wigs. Badum-tish.

I do rather like the set though. It's just a bit of fun, after all. I'd have loved to see a proper drummer (Rumble?) though. Soundwave and Blaster could've been DJs spinning the decks (Or whatever the youth terminology is nowadays. Pressing play on the MP3? Changing the streamed media?). T'would've been teh awesum.
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well, they're not as awesome as the KISS Players band, am I right or am I right?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I firmly believe Megatron would make a much better metal singer than Prime as well. I bet ol' Megs could scream like the best of 'em. Prime should've been the band's manager, and Ironhide and the Constructicons roadies. That would leave a vacancy as lead guitarist. Frenzy?

As you can tell, I rather like this whole concept. :)
Wreck and Rule!
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:I firmly believe Megatron would make a much better metal singer than Prime ...:)
Yep. There is no way Megatron doesn't win the death metal, new wave of British heavy metal, nü metal or plain ol metal-metal of the whole metal singer debate. Bar None.
Come on and wind me up.
Hound

Post by Hound »

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

GUYS! COLLECTING TOYS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS! STOP HAVING FUN WITH IT!

/sarcasm

You know, I love this idea. This is the first SDCC set I've been sorely tempted to try and get in recent history. I like a little silly on occasion in my toy collecting.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:I firmly believe Megatron would make a much better metal singer than Prime as well. I bet ol' Megs could scream like the best of 'em. Prime should've been the band's manager, and Ironhide and the Constructicons roadies. That would leave a vacancy as lead guitarist. Frenzy?

As you can tell, I rather like this whole concept. :)
Why not Starscream? ;)

I'm gonna have to with Unicron on this one - this is so ridicilously stupid/stupidly ridicilous it's actually kind of cool...but considering it's a convention exclusive, the pricetag is probably gonna make this not worth it.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

How are people supposed to take my adult Transformers collection seriously now?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

This just looks completely nuts. Part of me really wants this set.

It doesn't know why, exactly. It just knows that it really wants this set. The rest of me is trying to sedate it using sledgehammers.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642