[IDW] Monstrosity #1, Expected Release: Mar 01, 2013

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

[IDW] Monstrosity #1, Expected Release: Mar 01, 2013

Post by Grayfox »

Description
12 CHAPTER DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE SERIES! In the early days of the war on CYBERTRON, OPTIMUS PRIME puts everything on the line to unify the planet—but not everyone agrees that this new Prime should be in charge... Meanwhile, the fallen DECEPTION leader, MEGATRON, begins a journey that will change everything. Plus--what is the terrible secret of the DINOBOTS? All this and more in the first chapter of the digital event of the year!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/transf ... 9303?mt=11
Terome

Post by Terome »

Oh boy! The War Within!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

At this point I'm terribly tired of prequel stories when one character uncovers something that "will change anything".

Newsflash; it's transformers. NOTHING changes. Megatron wanted war before Autocracy, Megatron wanted war at Autocracy, Megatron was at war from Infiltration 0 to ongoing 30.

So no, nothing Megatron ever finds out in the past "changes" ANYTHING. The "change everything" motto could be used at Chaos Theory, where he goes from peaceful poet\miner to sociopathic megalomaniac.

Everything else has pretty much stayed the same since 1984.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Would be pretty fresh if Megatron found Jesus.

You know, for a few wild years.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

At this point, we've seen everything we can imagine to see for both Megs and Prime.

They've been good, they've been bad, they've been missing, they've been fighting, they've been talking, they're being united against common foes, they've been joking together...

I still like Megatron more though.

Who's that on the cover? At first glance it looks like Prowl, then there's claws and a...shield\icicle? I can't tell.

Oh, and I'm getting tired of the Dinobots. I only like Grimlock either way, but does anybody else feel SUFFOCATED from dinobot-induced mania since FOC? They're EVERYWHERE.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

This is basically the sequel to autocracy, isn't it? Colour me disinterested. prequels work as occasional stories in a larger framework I.e when Roberts does them.
Knightdramon wrote:Oh, and I'm getting tired of the Dinobots. I only like Grimlock either way, but does anybody else feel SUFFOCATED from dinobot-induced mania since FOC? They're EVERYWHERE.
Everywhere but the films, amusingly. Which is the only way they would help sell comics.
I like bears.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

A sequel to Autrocracy. No thanks. On the strength of what I seem to remember being good reviews I bought Autocracy. I found it to be unreadable and a complete waste of money. I couldn't even finish it that's how poor it was.

So i won't be picking this up! Heh!
Terome

Post by Terome »

Neuronutter wrote:A sequel to Autrocracy. No thanks. On the strength of what I seem to remember being good reviews I bought Autocracy. I found it to be unreadable and a complete waste of money. I couldn't even finish it that's how poor it was.

So i won't be picking this up! Heh!
Let's all not pick this up!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I just had a thought. They should have spelled this with a c and made it a terribly clever name for one of the metrotitan stories they're so obsessed with at the moment.
I like bears.