IDW Comics for February 2013

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

IDW Comics for February 2013

Post by Grayfox »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I sincerely hope that this doesn't mark the beginning of MTMTE being reined in and steered back towards the Cybertron mess.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Ooooh, Nick Roche back to writing again. Just might have to pick that one up.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Denyer wrote:I sincerely hope that this doesn't mark the beginning of MTMTE being reined in and steered back towards the Cybertron mess.
What sign are you getting of that? My read on the solicits is that RID is lurching into a Megatron plotline while MTMTE gets round to Overlord.

While I'm not looking forward to Megatron's return, I am very much looking forward to Nick Roche's.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If Cybertron's falling to the 'Cons it's going to be "all hands to the pump" at some point -- even if there's a period in which they string out a tired PoW storyline first.

Also, Overlord's likely to unbalance the MTMTE plot.

More cheered by the fact that it's Roche doing the Megs SL, though.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Denyer wrote:tired PoW storyline
Oh no, they're going to go Season 3 of Battlestar Galactica nine years too late, aren't they?
Overlord's likely to unbalance the MTMTE plot.
Quite likely. Though I'm not too fussed on what happens to the plot - it's the stuff that happens in between the plot that is MTMTE's treasure.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Oh dear. The megatron spotlight sounds like its returning to the dark days of furman's style of spotlights.

Meaning that it serves merely as either a lead in to an ongoing plot or as filler rather than a character centered solo adventure of a revelation about a characters past or hidden motivations (like how earlier spotlights like shockwave did so well in)
Terome

Post by Terome »

relak wrote:Oh dear. The megatron spotlight sounds like its returning to the dark days of furman's style of spotlights.

Meaning that it serves merely as either a lead in to an ongoing plot or as filler rather than a character centered solo adventure of a revelation about a characters past or hidden motivations (like how earlier spotlights like shockwave did so well in)
Wait, wasn't Shockwave one big set-up to Escalation? The Spotlights lost their way when they became a defacto secondary plot, in my opinion.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Perversely -- and from the word go -- they sucked all of the interesting plot points out of the main books, serving them up as jumbled bits and pieces rather than an overall narrative.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Denyer wrote:Perversely -- and from the word go -- they sucked all of the interesting plot points out of the main books, serving them up as jumbled bits and pieces rather than an overall narrative.
That's true but I'm not sure I minded too much. I had faith in the -ations moving the plot forward and the Spotlights dropping in world-building details. When the plot strangled the main books at around the same time it ate the Spotlights, did it not? My memory is pretty hazy about the running order so I might just be narrativising.
Shea96
Protoform

Post by Shea96 »

We absolutely love your phorum and find a lot of your post's to be exactly I'm looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content for you personally? I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome phorum! Wish you luck!
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Terome wrote:Wait, wasn't Shockwave one big set-up to Escalation? The Spotlights lost their way when they became a defacto secondary plot, in my opinion.
Yes but the focus was on introducing shockwave. His motivations, his personality, and his role in the bigger picture. We get an insight to his thinking process and his unique character and the issue could stand as a stand alone tale. Same with six shot, ultra Magnus etc. Compare that with, say spotlight grimlock or Optimus prime. Those ended up as ongoing dead universe arc issues rather than standalone spotlights.

Blur was a return to the good ol days for a while.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

i did not know that there were Prime comics. Fancy!

i like the cover of that Dinobot mini-series. Very pretty. wonder if the content is up to much, or is it G1 archetypes all the way as usual...