[RID,UT] Timeline? Help please

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
325is dude

Timeline? Help please

Post by 325is dude »

Anyone know what the "official" timeline is including all the series. Im rather lost and i hope they havn't over written anything. If i was supposed to search sorry im new here.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

There's no such thing as far as I know.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
325is dude

Post by 325is dude »

So no one knows what's part of the official cannon and whats not and what time everything happened? After 20 years?
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

There's about 9 continuties in Transformers stories. Which one of those is 'official' it's everyone's personal choice.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Lemmesee...
1. Timeline G1 Cartoon US: Includes Seasons 1, 2, TF:TM, Season 3 and "Rebirth".
2. Timeline G1 Cartoon (Anime) Japan: Includes all of the former, plus "Scramble City", "Headmasters", "Masterforce", "Victory" and "Zone". And as far as I know, the "Zone", "Battlestars/Return of Convoy" and "Operation Combination" mangas are also part of this.
3. Timeline G1/G2 Comic US: Includes 80 regular issues plus the two four-part "TF/G. I. Loe" and "Headmasters" mini plus five issues of "G.I. Joe" plus the twelve-issue "Generation 2" series. Totally different from the cartoon.
4. Timeline G1 Comic UK: Includes all 332 UK issues which means reprints of all 80 US issues plus the "Headmasters" mini (minus the "TF/G.I. Joe" mini), a huge bunch of original UK stories, furthermore 7 or 8 annuals. Also note there's a future timeline that's based on TF:TM but is later made impossible. AND then there's the "Earthforce" stuff which appears to be adifferent timeline altogether.
5. Timeline Beast Wars/Beast Machines US. Includes three seasons of "Beast Wars" and two seasons of "Beast Machines". Originally referenced only to timeline 1 but later also to timeline 3. Seems to be based on a weird mix of both.
6?. Timeline Beast Wars Japan. Includes the US "Beast Wars" series (seasons 2 and 3 dubbed "Beast Wars Metals") and the Japanese-only "Beast Wars II" and "Beast Wars Neo" shows including the "Beast Wars Neo" movie. Reportedly based on timeline 2, so may be the same.
7. Timeline Car Robots Japan. Includes the "Car Robots" anime. Totally different from everything above.
8?. Timeline Robots in Disguise US. Includes dubbed "Car Robots" episodes, but reportedly the storyline has been changed a little.
9. Timeline G1 Comic Dreamwave. Includes the six-issue minis "Generation 1", "Generation 1 War & Peace", the new "Generation 1" ongoing and the two minis "The War Within" and "The War Within Dark Ages". Based on bits and pieces of timelines 1 and 3.
10. Timeline Armada Comic Dreamwave. Includes the "Armada" comic.
11. Timeline Armada Cartoon US. Includes the "Armada" cartoon. Totally different from the comic.
12?. Micron Legend Cartoon/Anime Japan. Diubbed version of the "Armada" cartoon, but probably changed storyline.

So yes, we have at least nine, possibly up to twelve different timelines...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Nevermore
1. Timeline G1 Cartoon US: Includes Seasons 1, 2, TF:TM, Season 3 and "Rebirth".
2. Timeline G1 Cartoon (Anime) Japan: Includes all of the former

...minus 'Rebirth'.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Whoops. How could I have missed that?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Theere's really loads of continuities, including all alternate futures there are loads in the Marvle comic alone; Main story, post-Movie, US, UK, Earthforce, RoD, some of AoE, etc...