Movie Toys - which is better?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Movie Toys - which is better?

Post by Neuronutter »

I've just started collected movie toys after months in denial. I've managed to get lots of the wave 1 deluxes, and a few of the Voyagers, as they've bizarrely reappeared in a lot of UK shops, but there are still a few I wanna get so I thought I'd ask if anyone can offer me some advice. I want to get Prime, Megs and Brawl but which is better?

Optimus Prime Leader Class or Nightwatch Prime or Voyager Prime?

Leader Megs or Voyager Megs?

And finally:

Deluxe Brawl or Leader Brawl.

Taking everything into account, price, size, storage etc which do you prefer and why?

Cheers!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I would suggest Leader class Prime AND Megatron. I actually have both for sale in my trading thread for $40 you can have both [/end shamless plug]

I wouldn't suggest the repaints of the leader class toys though, in my opinion they look fugly as hell.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Leader Brawl pwns the rest of the Brawls hands down.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

RID Scourge wrote:Leader Brawl pwns the rest of the Brawls hands down.
Aye thats true. I forgot to mention him. Mostly because I already traded mine to Notabot :halo:
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Neuronutter wrote: Deluxe Brawl of Leader Brawl.
Are you joking?:deadhorse:
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
numbat

Post by numbat »

Leader Brawl beats all the other Movie figures, in my opinion!

I have Leader Prime & Megs, and enjoy them both. The Voyager versions have had to cut corners, and I think Megs' alternate mode has suffered, while Prime's robot mode got hit with major kibble.

I'm sure you'd be able to find them all for decent prices.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Leader brawl 4 sure.

Me say you wait for premium leader OP. the 1 with sword.

Me think voyager megs mold is better than leader, but to make it fair, get leader megs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Notabot

Minority Report

Post by Notabot »

I dig Leader Brawl, but I'm actually more impressed with Leader Prime. The transformation is brilliant, and it looks great in both modes. Oddly enough, though, one of the most impressive things for me is the battery placement. Instead of giving him a battery-powered backpack, one AA goes in each of his fuel tanks. I'm trying to think of any other toy that splits the battery placement like that for the sake of aesthetics. Fantasticness!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Oh I forgot to add a few too.

Regular Ironhide given he's very hard to find now and massively overpriced or Off-Road Ironhide.

Starscream or Thundercracker for the same reasons?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Neuronutter wrote:Oh I forgot to add a few too.

Regular Ironhide given he's very hard to find now and massively overpriced or Off-Road Ironhide.

Starscream or Thundercracker for the same reasons?
Ah, my cue, I believe...

Ironhide is darn near impossible to find. In fact, I've never found one and would say he is really impossible to find. There is a dearth of Starscreams, which we knew would happen, but TC can still be picked up at reasonable original cost of £20 from TRU - well, I've not popped back to the store in the last two weeks, so that could now be a lie. While the Screamer mold has grown on me, I must say that the automorph facility certainly hasn't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Civ

Post by Civ »

Neuronutter wrote:Regular Ironhide given he's very hard to find now and massively overpriced or Off-Road Ironhide.
Why not just wait for Premium Ironhide that's due out soon? Or do you want an Ironhide to kitbash into Trailbreaker?
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Tbh unless you're collecting the movie cast, Ironhide is skippable. He's all right, but he's not great. The shoulders just kinda hang there, too.

I'd say go for Screamer. He's got a more realistic deco and the headsculpt looks a bit better imo.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Civ wrote:Why not just wait for Premium Ironhide that's due out soon? Or do you want an Ironhide to kitbash into Trailbreaker?
I may do that, get Premium Ironhide. Was thinking bout ordering Leader Brawl from BBTS as I haven't seen him in the UK so I thought I'd get him too, and the movie line seems to be vanishing from my local TRU. The section keeps shrinking and there's no sign of the recent waves including Landmine, Cliffjumper, Incinerator etc. So I highly doubt I'll see the Premium line. Is it even due in the UK? BBTS seems like the best option.

I've never done a kitbash, sounds fun but I have no idea how to. I've just been collecting the main characters, and a version of Ironhide would be good. And most reviews I've read are quite favourable.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Clogs wrote:Ah, my cue, I believe...

Ironhide is darn near impossible to find. In fact, I've never found one and would say he is really impossible to find. There is a dearth of Starscreams, which we knew would happen, but TC can still be picked up at reasonable original cost of £20 from TRU - well, I've not popped back to the store in the last two weeks, so that could now be a lie. While the Screamer mold has grown on me, I must say that the automorph facility certainly hasn't.
A lot of the early movie toys have recently reappeared in UK shops. I've picked up Blackout, Barricade, Autobot Ratchet, and Autobot Jazz as well as Landmine and Wreckage in the last few weeks. I've also seen Scorponok a few times and Argos still have leader versions of Prime and Megs, though I'll probably wait to get those on clearance. I don't know whether to wait and see if Ironhide and Starscream reappear too or buy Thundercracker, which I've seen several times, and Premium Ironhide from BBTS.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I just got lucky and found an Ironhide and a Screamer in a store.

So me say get Screamer and Ironhide. Normal better than Premium...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]