transmetals 2 and beast machines shiny paint problem.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
signofzeta
Protoform

transmetals 2 and beast machines shiny paint problem.

Post by signofzeta »

I have a problem, where the shiny paint would easily chip off. These 4 toys I have, have this problem

TM2 cheetor
TM2 Jawbreaker (Cackle)
BM Ultra Jetstorm, whom is cream colored now
BM blastcharge

I heard that hasbro didn't apply primer to their shiny paints, but what are some solutions to this problem?

Is it possible to douse these toys in primer, and the problem will be solved?

It is kind of hard to transform these guys without having paint chips on your fingers.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Problem: flaking paint

Solution: don't play with the darn toys, OK?

Do not douse in anything, primer or lacquer, because it won't help unless you want toys that never change again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
signofzeta
Protoform

Post by signofzeta »

Clogs wrote:Problem: flaking paint

Solution: don't play with the darn toys, OK?

Do not douse in anything, primer or lacquer, because it won't help unless you want toys that never change again.
I don't really play with them often, it's just that it's old, I was playing with them 7 years ago, and uh yeah. Paint started to chip when I wasn't into transformers, and started to put them all into a box, and left them out in the garage.

Jawbreaker isn't that bad, the paint chipping looked like minor wear and tear.

TM2 cheetor's paint chipped when I bought him, brand new off a store that is.

Blastcharge I left with the paint still looking fine, then as time wore on, the paint started to have some of those "cracks" that foretell chippage.

Jetstorm is totally a goner now. The shiny blue paint cannot be salvaged, but is there a way to prevent it from chipping any further? Leaving it out in the open is not the answer. Right now, it's inside a box, with other transformers sitting on top of it, but not scratching it, so it is ok for now. Just want a solution to fix paint chipping.

I buy my TF's to play with them. If I see that paint is chipping on my figure, it is as if I got ripped off, where, as I heard, Hasbro could have applied primer to prevent the flaking.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

If Jetstorm is that bad, why not strip off the remains of the paint and redo the job yourself? Worth a go... It also sounds like the lack of primer on the figures was only the start; presumably the paint itself was not up to the job

The Beloved is the model master in this house and he reckons there is nothing much you can do except treat the toys with care and hope.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]