Trust me, get a Wii. It's fudging brilliant.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

Trust me, get a Wii. It's fudging brilliant.

Post by Jetfire »

Had a curry around a mates last night and someone brought round their new Wii with 4 controllers (brought it after randomly popping into game in Kingston that day-flukely bastard)

All I can say is that it was possibly the greatest multiplayer gaming night I ever had since the summer of 1999 (Imported Tekken and Goldeneye combo)

Wii sports is fecking brilliant. The controller is a tad confusing at first but it does get easy to use quite quickly. But we played 4 player Wii sports to 4 in the morning and didn't even notice the time (everybody else had to work this morning). We even forgot to consume the alcohol. All the games on Wii Sports are so cool. We mostly played the bowling (I'm the master), Tennis (mental) and Golf (I'm pretty **** at it) and we only managed to smash one glass in 10 hours . Oh, and I smashed someones knee in as I swung back in bowling. More to add to the injury list.

We'd play more boxing but Wii only had 1 nunchuck. We all had a go and I believe the films made of us manically punching the air or appearing to puch in the TV screen will be on You Tube in the near future

Honestly, you need Wii in your life.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

You just like it because Nintendo shares your inability to spell.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Here's the first video of my mates Wii boxing :o
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I completely agree, I prefer Wii Sports to Wii Play, only 3 good games on Wii Play are Billiards, Cow Racing aaaaand Table Tennis. But thats cos im balls at all the other ones on there
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Jetfire
The controller is a tad confusing at first but it does get easy to use quite quickly.

Really? I found it surprisingly intuitive. The only issue I had when first using it was remembering which button was where, but that happens with every new controller I happen across.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Jetfire
Here's the first video of my mates Wii boxing :o

uhm, where exactly?
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHeS-Myy4m8

It was here all along :glance:
StoneCold Skywarp

could he get any closer to the TV ?!?
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
could he get any closer to the TV ?!?

It's a shame we didn't catch him when he was attempting to kick the TV several times as well as punch it :lol:

For some reason most of us drifted to the TV in boxing as if it would make a difference :wtf:

Apparently my video is coming soon :o
StoneCold Skywarp

how soon is soon?
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Soon as I've checked it :glance:
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

This post is from my Wii. Yay Opera!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

A friend has a Wii. He loves it. Me - I have two young boys and wish to maintain the integretity of what is left of my living room. I'm getting a PS2 when they come down in price, and that's it.

I feel like a barbarian, but hey! I'll have a living room and some dosh left.

Enjoy your fun and games! ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Big Show
Protoform

Post by Big Show »

I agree with the 'you need a Wii in your life' sentiment. I thought I was the one most looking forward to it in my household. However, after seeing my wife play 'Rayman Raving Rabbids' for three hours the first night we had it, I may have been wrong (we won't get into how long I played Twilight Princess the first night).

Also, a word of advice for you, Clogs. Depending on their ages, the Wii could be a big success with your little ones. My 2 oldest boys are 7 and 5, and they have taken an amazing shine to the system. They play Wii Sports nearly as much as my wife and I do. And they are surprisingly good at it! My 5-year old bowled a 202 in Wii Bowling for goodness' sake! In addition, they have been very careful with the controllers. So much so, in fact, that they will be allowed to each purchase their own Wii remotes with any Christmas money they recieve. They are very excited by the idea of each having their own controllers.
StoneCold Skywarp

it's almost only literally 24 hours til I get my Wii !!

Bollocks to all the other Christmas gifts etc!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Big Show
Also, a word of advice for you, Clogs. Depending on their ages, the Wii could be a big success with your little ones. My 2 oldest boys are 7 and 5, and they have taken an amazing shine to the system. They play Wii Sports nearly as much as my wife and I do. And they are surprisingly good at it! My 5-year old bowled a 202 in Wii Bowling for goodness' sake! In addition, they have been very careful with the controllers. So much so, in fact, that they will be allowed to each purchase their own Wii remotes with any Christmas money they recieve. They are very excited by the idea of each having their own controllers.

They are 9 and 7. They are insane (can't even begin to imagine where they get that from). The youngest fell off the chair whilst enthusiastically driving a LEGO vehicle round a sharp corner on the PS1 and took his brother with him. Um. See my point?

Still, like I said, I hope everyone out there who has/will be getting a Wii will have a great time playing with it. But oh - why pronounce it like that? I'd happily and dyslexically read it as why-eye...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

More great Wii success stories.

http://www.g4tv.com/pile_player.aspx?video_key=14606

The Wii has sold 3.19 million consoles worldwide in 2006, more than twice as many as the PS3 and nearly half as many as the 360 did in a whole year.

Also:
http://www.time.com/time/topten/2006/videogames/01.html

Time magazine gave Wii Sports the number 1 game of 2006. Good choice. It's certainly mine. I've not had as much fun on a game as I have with Wii sports. I think the summer of 1999 with intense tekken 3 and Goldeneye multiplayer, Zelda: TOOT, FF7 and FF8 still in contention and also it was the time I finally go a hold of Chrono Trigger. Sure brief flurries with San Andreas, Pro Evolution (4 and 6 in particular) and New Super Mario bros coming close but Wii sports with my DS have created a new golden age of vidoe games in my life.

http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/123...holiday_season

It's not just sales. Customers are far more happy with buying a Wii than a PS3.

[url]http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=153079[/url]

And CVG gave 10 Wii games to watch for the future :)
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

I seem to always buy the new Nintendo system after swearing up and down about how I won't. It will probably take me some time, however, to convince my wife of the merits of adding another new system to our entertainment center and it may in the end force me to give up on holding onto such cherished items as my PS2 or worse, my beloved Gamecube.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
my wife

So, just for our benefits... are you more or less whipped than Auros?
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Brendocon
So, just for our benefits... are you more or less whipped than Auros?

More, Auros got a Wii and an XBox 360.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS