Hall of Fame

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

Hall of Fame

Post by Blackjack »

Right, it's a bit old, but there has been no thread for this, so here goes my stab at making one. Basically they're giving awards every year to people significant to the franchise, as well as characters. Apparently they'll making this an annual event.

Real people:
-Bob Budiasky
-Peter Cullen
-Hideaki Yoke
-Kojin Ono

Characters:
-Optimus Prime
-Megatron
-Starscream
-Bumblebee
-And Dinobot is the people's choice.

Article from the Allspark: http://www.allspark.com/content/view/7434/20/
Orlando, Fla. (June 26, 2010) — Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS) inducted the first class into the new TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame tonight during the annual TRANSFORMERS fan convention known as “Botcon,” which is being held in Orlando for the first time. The TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame honors both those influential in creating and building the iconic entertainment brand as well as TRANSFORMERS characters.

Hasbro inducted four individuals into the TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame who helped shape the global entertainment brand that has spawned popular action figures, comic book series, multiple animated series, video games and two blockbuster live action movies. The inductees, who were in attendance at the ceremony, are:

Bob Budiansky: While working as an editor for Marvel Comics in 1983, Mr. Budiansky named and wrote the personality profiles for most of the first 20 or so TRANSFORMERS characters. He then became the editor of the very first TRANSFORMERS mini-series, which led to his scripting most of the next 50 issues of the monthly TRANSFORMERS comic book. As he continued working with the brand on behalf of Hasbro, he named and wrote the packaging copy and personality profiles of dozens more TRANSFORMERS, and developed story treatments as new lines of TRANSFORMERS were introduced.

Peter Cullen: Mr. Cullen is a voice actor best known for providing the English voice for the wise and heroic AUTOBOT leader OPTIMUS PRIME in the popular 1980s cartoon series “The TRANSFORMERS” and in the 1986 animated film “The TRANSFORMERS: The Movie”. He reprised the role again in 2007 and 2009 in the live action TRANSFORMERS movies, and will return for the third installment slated for 2011. Additionally, he has provided the voice of five other TRANSFORMERS robots during his career.

Kohjin Ohno: Mr. Ohno started his career at TAKARA TOMY, working on the design of the Microman and Diaclone toy lines, which would later become one of the inspirations for the TRANSFORMERS toy line. Mr. Ohno created SUNSTREAKER, which is considered the first “car to robot transforming toy”. He was also instrumental in the introduction of Beast Wars TRANSFORMERS for the Japanese market. He helped design toys for both live action TRANSFORMERS movies. He takes great pride in being the person who designed the largest TRANSFORMERS toy from Generation 1: FORTRESS MAXIMUS.

Hideaki Yoke: While working at TAKARA TOMY, Mr. Yoke invented the Micro-Robot segment within the MICRONAUTS toy line, which featured the engineering innovation of transformation in action figures that were no more than 3 to 4 inches tall. TRANSFORMERS characters MEGATRON, SOUNDWAVE and RAVAGEcan trace their origins to Mr. Yoke’s efforts. He acted as liaison between TAKARA TOMY and Hasbro during the early years of their business relationship.

Hasbro also inducted five iconic characters into the TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame. Heroic AUTOBOTS OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE, as well as evil DECEPTICONS MEGATRON and STARSCREAM were selected for admission by Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERSHall of Fame internal panel of judges. DINOBOT, a character from the 1990’s TRANSFORMERS Beast Wars series, was elected by fans voting at http://www.transformers.com during the month of May.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Allspark wrote:Mr. Yoke invented the Micro-Robot segment within the MICRONAUTS toy line, which featured the engineering innovation of transformation in action figures that were no more than 3 to 4 inches tall.
Fuuuck off, Hasbro, Popy got there a year earlier with Machine Robo. And their small figures didn't turn into flat blocks either...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Hey, Soundwave didn't win the fan vote. People power!

So next year what odds on it being Furman, Welker, Archer and that bloke who writes the tortuous E Hobby character profiles?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

DINOBOT
VICTORRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY

\o/ \o/ \o/

Not that it really means anything, but hey.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Kinda neat I suppose, I like Beastwars and Dinobot as much as the next guy, but I don't know about HoF worthy? Rather surprised Soundwave isn't there, I've always thought of him as one of the most Iconic characters in transformers history. I mean seriously, I can go up to some random Jack-off and mention Megatron and they look at me blankly, but I mention Soundwave and their like "wasn't that the cassette player?"
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.