TF The Movie Rules!!!!!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Brentamus Prime
Protoform

TF The Movie Rules!!!!!

Post by Brentamus Prime »

I rekon that TF the MOVIE is the greatest movies......the battle of good and evil which inlcudes great bots suc as Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod etc......?

1 of my favourite parts is when Optimus Prime comes from Moon Base and has the greatest battle with Megatron which unfortunenlty causes him to die later on....

Another great part is when Hot Rod has the battle with Galvatron and he gets the MATRIX which he opens and become Rodimus Prime....that part with the music and amimation was one of the greatest scenes in the movie.......

Tell me what is ur favourite scene in Transformers The Movie?

Now I will be one with the MaTrIx!!!!
Hound

Post by Hound »

I understand that you're new but you've really got to start paying attention to which forum you're posting topics in. Not that it makes much difference to me but the staff has to go through all the forums and will have to move any thread you've started in the wrong forum to it's appropriate forum.

Now on to the topic. It's certainly one of my favorite movies, faults and all.

I love the 2 battles you've mentioned too. In my opinion they should be the model for how any battle amongst 2 opposing TFs should go down.

I love the way Roddy and Galvy utilize their alt-modes in their fight. It always bothers me that you don't see more of that. It was only a one episode thing in Beast Wars and then you don't really see it done again afterwards. I'd think that after several million years of war such fighting tactics would be common practice among the Transformers as it would be advantageous in a battle.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I like the lesbian orgy. Wait . . . there was no lesbian orgy the first time I saw it . . . DAMMIT!!! Someone taped over my movie! :(
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

My favourite is Hot Rod vs. Galvatron fight.

My least favourite are scenes with Wheelie and Junkions. Can you imagine how hard is making subtitles when those people talk that way?

Another hated scene is when a new guy on the forum is able to use avatars, but fails to post threads in right forums and seems he's doing it on purpose (or he's incredible stupid).
prowler
Protoform

Post by prowler »

I loved the film I hadn't seen it in god know how many years, The film was great but I didn't like how they got rid of the original characters like prowl, Ironhide they were so cool espeshially prowl and he got killed within the first 5 mins of the film. But I still love it, one of my favourite cartoon films. I heard they are doing another one soon so I can't wait to see what its like.
There was me and Megatron and eh he was like "I could have waited an eternity 4 this" he got a few good hits in but I was like "Hell no Megabut"
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

start posting topics in the correct ****ing forums or I'm gonna start losing my ****ing temper.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

u gonna open up a can o' whoop ass?
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

- I still dislike the portrayal of the Dinobots as mentally impaired.
- The whole Arcee thing; an all pink, girly robot complete with child bearing hips and girly wrists with a forced love interest in Hot Rod.
- Wheelie, the sickest, saddest attempt at comedy relief since King Lears fool. I can imagine English teachers hundreds of years from now saying to their class things like; "We laugh at wheelie in this scene because he is funny".
- The Junkions coming across as another completely failed attempt at humour. One second they're a bunch of Mad Max style hooligans, the next they're cuddly fluffy chaps with unfunny TV quotes.
- The Hot Rod & Kup double act, the most piss poor attempt at a buddy scenario since Ironhide and the sassy typewriter from Rigel 7.
- Not enough Springer
- Not enough Jazz
- Not enough Optimus
- Not enough Megatron

Apart from that, the dire plot, and the less than stellar animation, this is easily the best film I have ever seen in my life.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

what do u mean less than stellar animation? ive yet to see a western animation from that time period thats better
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Oh come on its not that good. I'll admit the movie has got the game sown up as far as crazy shadow and lighting goes. There's not one millisecond that isn't covered head to toe in bizarre shadows. The robots are covered in it all the time.

But it seems obvious to me that there are portions in the movie where the animation takes a drop in quality, or loses its fluidity.

- The 'animation looping effects' as present on Junkion with all the junkions making for the ship whilst shouting "Destroy Unicron, kill the grand poobah" etc. That's just a couple of frames of animation duplicated dozen of times.

- The Prime & Megs big fight scene. That moment where Prime makes his final resounding thwack and shouts "NEVER"! He knocks Megatron into the air, and that moment time almost comes to a standstill. If that was supposed to be some cool effect to underline the importance of the event, it didn't work on me. It just looked silly and cheap, oh and while I'm on the subject:

- Near the end of that fight, after Megs has thrown Hot Rod aside and Prime is on his knees in agony, you get a shot of Megs walking toward him saying "I would have waited an eternity for this". Neither of them look very banged up at this point, but then we cut to a close shot of Megs saying "Its over Prime", and all of a sudden he's covered in cracks, splinters and fractures in his face and helmet... yeah he's been to hell and back alright. But why the huge difference between these two cuts? Its as if they hired a more expensive artist to do that close up bit, and a drunk guy with a thick felt tip pen to do the distance shot. Now you can't tell me that isn't cheap. Distance can't be used as an excuse here, they could have easily got SOME amount of detail into that distance shot. In the scene with him walking toward Prime on his knees, that shot of Megs, he looked like he always does in the regular cartoons, but then a MASSIVE change in detail as we go close up. That stinks.

- The complete lack of detail on the Dinobots. This I find quite surprising, because when its not busy cocking up the visuals (giving Soundwave an Autobot insignia for example), then the cartoon/Movie is usually pretty good on adding the finer details on a robot. They just don't bother doing this when it comes to the Dinobots, perhaps to underline the simpleton characteristics of these robots, but to me it makes them appear cheap and cartoonish in a movie that is quite serious for a kids flick at that time.

- The characters just don't move that brilliantly. The scene where Unicron has finished his transformation is almost like a flip book, you can see the jumps in the animation where they could have easily put in a couple of extra cells to smooth it out.

- There's one final bit that sticks out in my mind, Once Hot Rod has become Rodimus, he tussles with Galvatron for about a second before tossing him through Unicron's hide and out into space. That brief tussling is the most fluid bit of animation in the entire film, and I remember thinking to myself "Yeah, why couldn't it all be like that"?
But it wasn't, sometimes its failry smooth, other times its quite choppy.

Western animation that's better?

- Watership Down
- The plague dogs
- Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings animation
- An American Tail
- Basil the Great Mouse Detective
- The Racoons (I'm reasonably sure there was a movie length episode)
- Oliver and Company
- Rover Dangerfield

There was also a couple of cartoon films that I don't remember, that were sci-fi space types made by a western company in the 80's that had really good animation also. Are you sure TF:TM was made by a western company? I thought it was Toei who did it, but Marvel/Sunbow have the licence to the Transformers names so their badges were stuck all over it.

If TF:TM was done by an Eastern company, then surely Akira was only made a year or two later, and that blows TF:TM out of the water animation wise.
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

Well I can see I think TF:TM is a good movie. The movie has the best animation qualitity i've ever seen (maybe because I don't like Japanese animation styles), The best soundtrack ever (wohoo Stan Bush, N.R.G. and Spectre General just rock!!!), and great epic scenes...

It could be one of the greatest movies ever but somethings prevent that...

- Bad introduction to new characters, why not introduce them in a cartoon episode before the movie...

- The killing off of old characters, I now this is handy for hasbro so they could sell new characters. But why not just kill the minor players, and for the major players just like in BW not kill them but give them other physical forms... The way they did this with Galvy and Megs was great. Ow and I think they should only do this with the deceps and let the major Autobot characters just remain the same...

- Hotrod F*CKING UP Prime's greatest moment...

Dead End :"If we give away our energon cubes we're doomed.

Break Down :"If we don't we're doomed too.

Dead End :"Face it We're Doomed
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Originally posted by Ballplayer
- Hotrod F*CKING UP Prime's greatest moment...

You got that right. Imagine how it could have been; Hot Rod never got in the way, Megatron goes for the concealed gun, Prime fires first and blows Megatrons head apart. The body then ruptures into a massive explosion as the laser core ignites, massive light show across the screen, the kids go "Whoo"! and cheer a lot. The other Autobots, inspired by Optimus' triumph go medieval of the Decep's asses and we're treated to the mother of all battles finally eradicating the evil menace.

Prime says: "Right, that's that sorted then. Anyone fancy a pint"?

The Autobots cheer, and off they go. End of film. Gore, violence, blood/energon, rocking sound track (just throw all the songs in one after the other for this massive battle sequence). No Wheelie, no junkions. Then Prime and the boys are alerted to the threat of Unicrons menace and rise to the occasion for an immense showdown surpassing your wildest expectations.

Kids are shocked rigid by the scenes and none of them turn into killers or psychopaths or wife beaters later on in life. Prime goes on to become the best loved fictional character in history. Grimlock regains the power of cohesive speech. Wheelie dies alone and unloved by a mortal wound to the crotch from an unseen assailant.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I was beginning to wonder how long it would take for this to be moved.

I'm actually glad OP died. He was too perfect, and I resent him for that.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
He was too perfect, and I resent him for that.
- He couldn't fly.
- He couldn't scratch his own back.
- He'd consider saving one life in order to sacrifice a bunch of others.
- He never swore.
- He considered humans important.
- He couldn't change colour.
- Or create holograms.
- He only ever used his energon axe thing once.

There, not really that perfect. But to counter this:

- He sent Ironhide to his grisly death, but had to sacrifice Prowl, Brawn, Ratchet and er..... Screwfix to do it.
Plasmodium

Re: TF The Movie Rules!!!!!

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Brentamus Prime
unfortunenlty causes him to die later on....

OMG SPOILERS!!!1

Terminator > Transformers.
Gruff
Protoform

Post by Gruff »

i'd quote Auntie Slag's mammoth post about why TF:TM is a bad film but so big a quote space for so simple an answer.

ready

you can nit pick at dozens of errors and continuity bloopers in any film you choose so just cuz TF:TM has its fair share doesnt mean its krap.

its there for entertainment, if it doesnt entertain you then dont watch it.

i'm not in a ranting mood :glance:
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

but who said as fans we're not allowed to pick & prod at the object of our worship/affection/affliction/etc? It wouldn't be any fun if that was the case... especially since TF: the movie was far from perfect :)
Gruff
Protoform

Post by Gruff »

sorry deej but it just bores me no end, oh there's this animation fluff and this bit doesnt look right.

take all the errors out and u'll probably have no movie left.

I enjoy the film no end and rate it in my top ten movies of all time, i guess a lot of people get over protective of their fave films but TF:TM just seems to be bashed all the time. :yawn:
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
what do u mean less than stellar animation? ive yet to see a western animation from that time period thats better

And I've yet to see a 1931 vintage Hollyowood movie scarier than Tod Browning's Dracula. Does this make Tod Browning's Dracula scary? **** no.

Oh, and TF:TM's a piece of ****. All you G1 fanbois have it entirely to blame for the death of the franchise.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Oh, and TF:TM's a piece of ****. All you G1 fanbois have it entirely to blame for the death of the franchise.

I wouldn't say "entirely". That it took a good 3 years or so after the movie for it to die suggests otherwise. More likely it was a combination of many factors of which the movie is one.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you