Lookee what I got...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Hound

Lookee what I got...

Post by Hound »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=006

Next month: HAL w/ Grandslam!

Well assuming I can spare the money... :eyebrow:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Congrats. I never was into GI-Joe That much... Except for Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

sweet find, dude.

by any chance are you interested in getting a U.S.S. Flagg? I have one in my attic that is taking up large amounts of space, and I want to get rid of it.

It would look cool putting the tank on that. and, you, in turn, would look even cooler.;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Hound

Post by Hound »

Is it weird that I've not had any contact from this seller yet?

I sent a messege yesterday to ask about the status of the item just to see if I'd get a response.

Now I'm a very infrequent user of Ebay but I've never purchased something and not had the seller contact me first afterwards. Not even the one time I got ripped off.

It's only been 4 days, I know, but I'm a little nervous
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

I remember stuffing those things full of firecrackers when I was a kid and watching them explode.

If you don't hear from him for a solid week, get in contact with Ebay.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Originally posted by Hound
Is it weird that I've not had any contact from this seller yet?

Funny you should mention a situation like this- I had pretty much the same thing happen to me starting in late August- I've used Ebay maybe 16 or so times over the last 7 years. As a shopper, I am very conscientious about paying the seller damn near the split second I win an item. That being said, check this out:

I won an item on August 19th- the seller never stated the shipping charges, so I sent him the first email to enquire what the charges would be:
have purchased the following item on eBay from you. Please send me the total amount I owe you.

"Hello, If you could please tell me what the shipping charges will be on this item, I will immediately send payment via paypal. Thank you, Jeff" (This was sent 8/20)

No Reply.
2nd email sent to same guy:
"Hello,
I won this item and I would like to get the shipping cost so I can complete the transaction.
thank you,
Jeffrey" (Sent 8/21)

Reply received on 8/22
Ok! I am sorry for the late response, I had some computer problems. Anyway For postage & handling of this auction added to auction win, Please send a Money Order or use the Pay Pal Service and send the amount of $17.49 to:

(Address)

Please send me a Description for the item that you are paying for.

Thanks, (Name withheld).

When I first read this, I was flabbergasted at the guy asking me for a description of an item he sold. Doesn't Ebay notify these people automatically when one of their items are sold? Do they not keep track of this stuff as conscientious sellers? Anywho, he received the money that night through PayPal.

So, the first week goes by, I see nothing in the mail. Closing in on a second week, I start getting concerned. Granted, not a large amount of money, but it's the principle of the action that matters, so I send him this email on 9/4:

" Hello,
Would you please let me know when you shipped this item and what shipping method you used- my records show that you were paid on 8/22/2007, which was two weeks ago, and I have yet to see the item.
Thank you,
Jeffrey"

48 hours go by. No reply, so I send him another email on 9/6:
"Hello,
I sent you an email 48 hours ago inquiring when this item was shipped out and what method was used to ship it. As a consumer, I would really appreciate a reply with the information I need. It has now been over two weeks since you were paid for this item and I have yet to receive it.
Thank you."

Finally, I get this:
"Hi There!

Sorry about getting back to you so late. I did ship off your item via USPS Priorty Mail yesterday. We had some problems here on my end that are to personal to tell. Again, I do apologize for the late mailing.

--(Name)"

I didn't receive the item until 5 or 6 business days later. I was pretty fumed at the whole deal, as this was the worst experience I have had thus far with a seller. On one hand, I wanted to blast him with negative feedback, but on the other hand, I figured "Don't be too critical. Once I receive the item, I will be happy and singing about Dr. Doom and I will forget all about this dude."
Well, I was happy, I sang many drunk songs in Doom's honor, but the situation still irritates me when I think about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If the buyer's paid and doesn't need to be invoiced the next day, I just get stuff in the post ASAP (and leave feedback as soon as that's done, if it's an item the buyer isn't likely to have misread the description on and cause grief over...)

The only time I like to see extra "you've won and we'll be mailing out shortly" notifications are when something finished for a very low bid -- it generally indicates the seller is going to honour the deal. Otherwise it's just another mail to delete.

Doesn't seem like anything particularly unusual. I'd send a query about posting date by the end of the second week following payment.
Hound

Post by Hound »

He sent a reply saying it ought to arrive sometime by the end of the week.

I've purchased somewhere upwards of 30 items via Ebay and I've never not gotten an email within 3 days of an auction's end. Before now that is.

I don't think there's anything to worry about really. I think I'm just impatient.
Alligatorcon
Protoform

Post by Alligatorcon »

Nice buy, I hope the deal works out.:up:
I never bought anything on eBay, though, I get my joes from fleamarkets mostly.

I have heard lots of eBay horror stories, so I hope the deal works out for you.
Ba weep granna weep ninny bang, it's a universal greeting-Illidan Stormrage
Hound

Post by Hound »

Ok, so I got the toy. It's nice and everything. I am really impressed with everything except one little thing.

The little gun above the main cannon thing. It's broken, a huge chunk of it is not there. The listing said "NM". Now this broken cannon piece was actually in a little ziploc bag with the action figure and his accessories. The missing chunk of the cannon piece is nowhere to be found so I'm sure it was sent that way. I took a look at the listing's picture and it's such a small picture that you can't really see for sure but it kind of looks like the cannon in the picture is exactly the way I've recieved it.

I wouldn't be upset except I can't seem to find anybody selling that part. It seems you can buy every other piece of the tank by itself but not this little gun thing.

I don't actually want to give negative feedback as I wouldn't even care if I could easily find a replacement for the broken part. I'm more inclined to give neutral feedback or maybe just none at all.

Aside that I am very happy with it and hope I can somehow find a replacement for the broken cannon piece.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Me thinks, for your troubles, that you should *also* receive (free of charge, of course) the IG-88 in the picture as well. :D

Actually, you might want to contact the seller. Tell him in a professional way what the situation is and see if he can accommodate you. If he is willing to take responsibility, then you found yourself a good seller. If not, then blacklist him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Kremzeek75
Actually, you might want to contact the seller.
To what end?

I can't imagine him replacing the broken piece for free.

I'm not going to send the toy back.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

To what end?

I can't imagine him replacing the broken piece for free.

I'm not going to send the toy back.

See if he might be willing to refund you a minimal amount, like maybe $5, for false advertising and broken shipment. It would be an easy transfer if you both use paypal. Yes, I know it won't solve the issue of the gun, but it was his responsibility to tell you in the first place that it was broken and he didn't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hound

Post by Hound »

I sent him a message asking if it was possible that he had a not broken piece to replace the part that I was sent and he said he might but that if he doesn't he will find one and send it at no charge. Yay and stuff...