[RID,UT] [Armada episode guides]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

People who watched Armada wanted to flesh out episode summaries, please!

Post by Denyer »

Howdy. Below are the snapshot summaries I've compiled, trying to avoid too many spoilers... thing is, I've never actually seen Armada, so I'm looking for some help on this from people who actually know what they're talking about. :)

If you can contribute a more detailed description of an episode (or six), please do so in this thread! Try to either add substantially to a description already given or pick ones which haven't already had a longer summary written for them.

Cheers! :)

The brief episode summaries are now in Bombshell's post below, including those for the Unicron Battle episodes.

Please refer to...

http://tfarchive.com/cartoons/armada/guide/index.php

...and the end of this thread for eps which have had full summaries completed.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

You know....that's probably the best ep summary of Armada I've read in a long time :D
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Added snapshot summaries for the Unicron Battles episodes. (In bold.)

Episode 1: First Encounter
In which two teenagers activate a beacon.

Episode 2: Metamorphasis
In which some teenagers witness giant robots fighting.

Episode 3: Base
In which Optimus Prime attempts to stop Megatron.

Episode 4: Comrade
In which we discover some Mini-Cons can combine.

Episode 5: Soldier
In which a Mini-Con hides.

Episode 6: Jungle
In which Starscream captures a Mini-Con.

Episode 7: Carnival
In which kids and Mini-Cons go for a walk.

Episode 8: Palace
In which a Mini-Con hides secrets in the desert.

Episode 9: Confrontation
In which the Autobots have to save the kids.

Episode 10: Underground
In which the kids are followed by an unknown Transformer.

Episode 11: Ruin
In which the Autobots go underwater in search of a Mini-Con.

Episode 12: Prehistory
In which both sides gain a Mini-Con advantage.

Episode 13: Swoop
In which the Air Defense team become the centre of an imbroglio.

Episode 14: Overmatch
In which the Autobots face a Decepticon arrival.

Episode 15: Gale
In which we don't know which side Sideways is on.

Episode 16: Credulous
In which he's with the Autobots. For now.

Episode 17: Conspiracy
In which Scavenger joins the Autobots!

Episode 18: Trust
Scavenger must decide whether to save Optimus Prime.

Episode 19: Vacation
In which the kids go on vacation, funnily enough.

Episode 20: Reinforcement
In which a morally ambiguous Autobot joins up.

Episode 21: Decisive Battle
In which two Mini-Con teams are pitted against each other.

Episode 22: Vow
In which Optimus has to decide whether to sacrifice himself.

Episode 23: Rebellion
In which Starscream and Megatron clash.

Episode 24: Chase
In which the kids are trapped. And chased. By a planet.

Episode 25: Tactician
In which two new characters arrive.

Episode 26: Link Up
In which the Decepticons are foiled by Jet Convoy.

Episode 27: Detection
In which Sideways is discovered to be a traitor.

Episode 28: Awakening
In which Tidal Wave arrives.

Episode 29: Desperate
In which a big powered-up fight occurs.

Episode 30: Runaway
In which the kids face Thrust with the Space Team.

Episode 31: Past Part 1
In which an old friend returns... but is he still a friend?

Episode 32: Past Part 2
In which Sideswipe arrives and Wheeljack fights an old comrade.

Episode 33: Sacrifice
In which Smokescreen falls in battle.

Episode 34: Regeneration
In which Smokescreen changes his name to Hoist.

Episode 35: Rescue
In which the Autobots become more proactive.

Episode 36: Mars
In which Starscream joins the Autobots.

Episode 37: Crack
In which Starscream is accused of Mini-Con theft.

Episode 38: Threaten
In which the Deceptions launch a warship.

Episode 39: Crisis
In which the Decepticons threaten Earth some more.

Episode 40: Remorse
In which the Autobots mourn Optimus Prime.

Episode 41: Depart
In which the Autobots prepare to leave for Cybertron.

Episode 42: Miracle
In which something quite surprising happens

Episode 43: Puppet
In which Autobots and Decepticons come under attack.

Episode 44: Uprising
In which the Transformers return to Cybertron.

Episode 45: Dash
In which we learn Thrust’s true allegiance.

Episode 46: Drift
In which we learn the Mini-Cons’ relationship with Unicron.

Episode 47: Portent
In which Unicron arrives.

Episode 48: Cramp
In which Starscream pays the ultimate price.

Episode 49: Alliance
In which Autobot and Decepticon join up against their common foe.

Episode 50: Union
In which Unicron attacks Cybertron.

Episode 51: Origin
In which Sideways reveals the ultimate secret.

Episode 52: Mortal Combat
In which Optimus and Galvatron duke it out for the final time.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

that's all well and good, but we really need someone to flesh them out -- lots...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nifty. I couldn't find the titles... :)

Right, hands up if you watched any of those episodes and remember what happened. We aren't looking for insane amounts of detail, but a rough sequence of events and a sentence or two on anything which was particularly interested or important would be good.

Just pic an episode or two and work at your own speed. If you post the summaries in this thread, everyone will know what's already been done.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

*Raises hand*

I have some of the new Armada DVDs lying around (My Grandma got them for me) and I've probally be able to write something up. Theirs quite a few eps that wouldn't be that hard to summerise.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This would be cool. :)
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I'm willing to help just pm on what you want. I have most of the eposides on tape, so I'll try to help as much as possible. I'll try to do it next weekend.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If people can post whatever they write in here, and maybe give some indication of which eps they're going to try to do, that'd save duplication.

I'll go through and check spellings etc, afterwards, standardise the number of capital letters in 'mini-con', and stuff like that.

Hopefully Tempest won't mind me posting edit of the Ep 51 he's done so far. For reference, it doesn't matter if summaries are a bit shorter or longer, and don't be afraid to mention particularly anything of interest as well as summarising events.
51 – Origin

With the threat of Unicron overwhelming the Transformers, Optimus Prime and Galvatron head into Unicron's enormous body to fight the beast from within. While they are inside, the kids also go in search. The combined forces of the Autobot army and the Decepticon empire battle to defeat Unicron for the outside, but to no avail. The Mini-cons outside stall Unicron from destroying the Transformers' home world of Cybertron by forming an almost complete green mirror image of Unicron. Optimus and Galvatron find their way to the heart of Unicron, where they find the three Mini-con weapons ‘lodged’ into the chamber of Unicrons heart. Sideways, the mysterious warrior, emerges and reveals that he was Unicron all along. Galvatron tries to stop Sideways/Unicron but is entrapped in the same fashion as the Mini-con weapons. Sideways does the same to Optimus, but Optimus remains conscious, while Galvatron is ‘frozen’. The kids arrive on the scene with the Mini-cons that form the Perceptor. Sideways entraps the kids as well and the Mini-cons are put back under Sideways' control. While this is happening, the combined forces continue to fight Unicron, but with no success. The Mini-cons outside forming the mirror image of Unicron burst away and move out of Unicron's path. Sideways tries to convince Prime to merge with Unicron. Prime refuses and Sideways offers a compromise: if Prime can defeat him in battle, he will set him and the kids free—but first Unicron shows Prime the true extent of his powers.

The scene jumps to a scene of Rad in his bedroom, and then to a desert where the other kids are assembled. It jumps again to a room with the Decepticon ruler Galvatron, with his warriors at his side. Alexis comes to the conclusion that this is a fantasy of Galvatron’s and that they can go anywhere they think. As Galvatron’s temper rises he commands his warriors to seize the intruders, referring to the kids, and again the scene jumps to a Forest, peaceful and tranquil. Rad has a vision of Highwire in the distance with blank eyes. Unicron finds them and changes the scene to one of death and decay, and Sideways talks to the kids about them being insignificant. The Mini-con’s awaken from the grip of Unicron and appear in the minds of the children, helping to protect them. Meanwhile, the Mini-con’s outside Unicron fly into Unicron and damage his outer body. Galvatron, the kids and the Mini-con weapons burst out of the grip of Unicron's flesh and reform into their separate Mini-con bodies. Sideways swears he will have revenge and emerges from Unicron's heart in bike mode, aiming to run over Highwire. Just before Sideways hits Highwire, Optimus uses the Requiem Blaster and shoots Sideways with incredible power. All that is left is the Mini-con form of Sideways, which swears that he will have revenge. As the episode finishes, Galvatron calls out to Optimus: “It’s time to battle”. Optimus asks if he is being serious, and Megatron replies: “I have never been more serious.”
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

I don't mind at all, hopefully I'm doing my part for the Archive.

If I could take 'dibs' on Eps 1-5, 31, 32 and 40 - 43.

And to everyone out there, give it a shot, once you start typing it comes out in a good flow.

PS: If anyone wants to have a go at some of the eps I've listed, go for it.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Quickly written. Someone with better English, please proof read. :)

21. Decisive Battle

Now possessing both Star Saber and Skyboom shield, Megatron decides to challenge autobots to the final battle. Other Decepticons agree, but Sideways asks if he should first master using the Sky Boom.

At Autobot base, Hot Shot´s ego gets some bruises as Blurr and also Smokescreen do better in an exercise. After getting Megatron´s challenge, Optimus Prime has no other chance but to accept, though the Autobots realise that their chances are slim.

Surprisingly the children are left at base this time as the Autobots leave for the awaiting slaughter (a pity). Battle begins with Megatron attacking alone against the Autobots. The Autobots´ firepower proves no match for the Skyboom´s shielding energy and soon Megatron concentrates on Optimus Prime who for some reason won´t see it necessary to combine with his trailer and powerlink with Sparkplug! :wtf: Prime is in serious trouble with Megatron.

As the Autobots try to help Prime, other Decepticons join the fight. Cyclonus and Starscream keep Hot Shot and Blurr busy while Demolisher, Sideways, Red Alert and Scavenger are busy doing nothing.

Finally Sideways decides to make a suicidal run against Red Alert and ends up getting blasted. After powerlinking with Liftor, Smokescreen manages to shoot Starscream down. Demolishor pushes a boulder over the Autobots, taking them out.

Surprisingly, it seems that Cyclonus is shot down by Sideways, which in turn lets Blurr and Hot Shot distract Megatron. Optimus Prime manages to grab Skyboom and it falls into a deep hole. Megatron still has upper hand and prepares to strike down Optimus when Sparkplug appears and calls for Skyboom to shield himself and Optimus from the Star Saber´s strike.

With Star Saber and Skyboom´s energies colliding, a similar beam to the one which woke the minicons and alerted the Decepticons and Autobots is seen. Megatron makes the same decision as his original cartoon counterpart and retreats, leaving the Autobots victorious with the Skyboom shield. But what will happen when the light beam reaches its destination?

Denyer: just a few capitals, commas and insertions of definite articles (the Autobots, the minicons, etc.) Reads well! :)
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I'll do the reviews for eps: Episode 25, Episode 31: Past Part 1,Episode 27: Detection, Episode 33: Sacrifice,Episode 36: Mars,Episode 34: Regeneration and Episode 37: Crack.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Osku, looks great so far. I'll go through in a minute and see to
anything which needs attention. :)

edit: list moved to first post.
Starscream_1986
Protoform

Post by Starscream_1986 »

Ooooo i wouldn't mind doing 6 # Jungle (got it on video) if thats ok?
I'm Stupid! I'm Stupid!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Go for it. :)
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

You know that like the summaries for eps. 1-25 are on cartoon network, but I'll do swoop instead of one of the other epsiodes.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

We'd prefer our own content rather than ripping it from another site, those things tend to be pretty emotionless...
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Just saying but here is Swoop:
Episode # 13: Swoop

The Mincon Sonar tells Megatron the approximate location of the Autobot base. Megatron sends Cyclonus to find the base. Soon Cyclonus finds the base and sends the coordinates to Decepticon HQ.
Meanwhile the kids show Billy and Fred around the Autobot base. After the Autobot alarm goes off Rad and the gang head to the command center and Billy and Fred are left to wonder off. Optimus Prime informs Rad, Carlos and Alexis that Megatron has opened a warp gate to the base.
Megatron commands Sonar to find the other Mincons so he can form the Star Saber. While the Autobots activate their defense system. Carlos realizes that Billy and Fred are missing. Billy and Fred manage to get caught in between the Decepticons and the Autobot Defense system. Luckily (or not if you share my opinion) Alexis sees them and Optimus shuts down the defense system. The Autobots decide to leave the command center so the kids won’t be in harms way.
Sonar detects their movement, but before the Decepticons can advance Hot Shot stops them. Megatron quickly defeats Hot Shot and demands the Mincons in Prime’s possession. Smokescreen swiftly pulls a switch, which releases some gas to confuse the Decepticons.
While the Decepticons are distracted the Autobots set a trap. The Decepticons split up to search for the Mincons. The Decepticons are taken down one by one. The five kids humiliatingly defeat Cyclonus.
Megatron is still able to find the Mincons and form the Star Saber, but has it quickly stolen from him by Hot Shot. Because of the kids advice Hot Shot is able to defeat Megatron. Decepticons are forced to retreat with losing a Mincon instead of gaining one.

feel free to shorten it if you want, I should be done with mars by sunday.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cool, and the length is fine. I'll edit everything together properly once we've got enough summaries in.

We can't take content directly from other sites.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Denyer, I plan on doing quite a few episode summaries. Do you reckon I ought to post them all here in this thread or PM them to somebody?