[Tell me about the] Terracons

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
The_Dinobots
Protoform
Location: In The Lizardmen Temple Contemplating how to finish the Old Ones Plans

Terracons

Post by The_Dinobots »

What is their background and who created them? And who are the members?
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Assuming you mean the Terrorcons...

- Hun-Grrr (number of R's fluctuates): Grey two-headed dragon. Abominus' torso.
- Blot: Blue and purple undefined biped monster. Abominus' right arm.
- Rippersnapper: Grey and blue shark monster. Abominus' left arm.
- Cutthroat: Green and yellow bird monster. Abominus' right leg.
- Sinnertwin: Yellow and greenish two-headed monster thingy. Abominus' left leg.

Of course there are more details on the individuals, if you'd like them.

Cartoon history: They were created by the Quintessons, for some reason, and later joined the Decepticons. Their first appearance was Money Is Everything, during which they served the Quints. The change of allegiance was never detailed.

Comic history: Just popped up from the background of Cybertron. Their first appearance was in the Headmasters mini-series. (Can't remember the issue number specifically.)

Any other questions?
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
The_Dinobots
Protoform
Location: In The Lizardmen Temple Contemplating how to finish the Old Ones Plans

Post by The_Dinobots »

Yes I would like some more information on the characters....
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Well, there's not a whole lot to go on, as none of the five got much (if any) characterisation in either U.S. continuity; as for the UK comic, well, Quicky & Denyer should be able to fill you in on that.

In the cartoon, it's apparent that all five Terrorcons greatly favored their "beast" modes over their robot modes. As a matter of fact, barring the transformation into Abominus in "Money is Everything", the only time I remember ever seeing the Terrorcons in robot mode in the cartoon was in "The Return of Optimus Prime", during the attack on the lab in the beginning. As you probably know, they were rivals with the Technobots; who knows why. We all know it's because the two teams' toys were introduced at the same time. Lesseee...

Though he's incredibly strong, Abominus (like other Decepticon gestalts besides Bruticus) went down pretty easily in defeat the cartoon. Computron handled him without much trouble in "Money is Everything" and "Grimlock's New Brain".
Originally posted by Flec
Cartoon history: They were created by the Quintessons, for some reason, and later joined the Decepticons. Their first appearance was Money Is Everything, during which they served the Quints. The change of allegiance was never detailed.
If only it were that easy, my good alter ego. SSSSG, the Terrorcons' creation is something of a point of controversy. Though they were aired in reverse order, "Grimlock's New Brain" comes first because it details Grimlock's creation of the Technobots. In this episode, the Terrorcons are with Galvatron and battle the Technobots for the first time. In the next episode, however, ("Money is Everything"), the Terrorcons are suddenly servants for the Quintessons, and the Quintessons speak of them as if they created them. By their next appearance, Hun-Grrr and the boys are back with the Cons again. Who created them? Fudge if I know...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Abominus' Profile

Blot's Profile

Cutthroat's Profile

Hun-Grrr's Profile

Rippersnapper's Profile

Sinnertwin's Profile

Their comic history is as follows: They were among those who went with Scorponok to Nebulos after the Autobots, and soon after went to Earth, where they were killed by the Underbase-powered Starscream.
The_Dinobots
Protoform

Post by The_Dinobots »

Well this is what I think...
If only it were that easy, my good alter ego. SSSSG, the Terrorcons' creation is something of a point of controversy. Though they were aired in reverse order, "Grimlock's New Brain" comes first because it details Grimlock's creation of the Technobots. In this episode, the Terrorcons are with Galvatron and battle the Technobots for the first time. In the next episode, however, ("Money is Everything"), the Terrorcons are suddenly servants for the Quintessons, and the Quintessons speak of them as if they created them. By their next appearance, Hun-Grrr and the boys are back with the Cons again. Who created them? Fudge if I know...
I think that some decepticon like Soundwave or someone else who was smart or could build transformers like the Constructicons. How did they bulid them well I think that since two members of the Terracons are dragons Earth history could be help to create them and the other three could be some various Alien Mosters that they found the drawing of in char or they could be some monsters they incountered in another planet.

What do you think?
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Originally posted by The_Dinobots
Well this is what I think...

I think that some decepticon like Soundwave or someone else who was smart or could build transformers like the Constructicons. How did they bulid them well I think that since two members of the Terracons are dragons Earth history could be help to create them and the other three could be some various Alien Mosters that they found the drawing of in char or they could be some monsters they incountered in another planet.

What do you think?
ya well that is almost as off the map as Blaster's interpretation of the Attack on Autobot City in TF:TM.

S-ghost has given the best one
Reverend Shrapnel

Post by Reverend Shrapnel »

I always thought that the Computron/Abominus feud was erected by Hasbro as a means of telling the weak, but brainy kids who stayed in watching TFs instead of playing softball, that their brains would always triumph over brawn...;):p

Sinnertwin was pretty darn neat as he seemed occasionally to have a schizophrenic personality...Hence the qoute in my sig by the man himself.

If you want any Terrorcons multimedia give me a bell as I have a ton of it lying about on my harddrive as I was going to set up a website about them a while ago...
I've only just realised my sig's been horribly misspelled for about a year or two. Aren't you happy you read that? While you're here, erm, impeach Nixon!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Comic history isn't particularly fantastic... remained on Cybertron under the command of Scorponok [who was actually a transformer in the comic, unlike his cartoon status of glorified mech suit] and then followed Max and his galactic pansies to Nebulos. For a the closest they got to a feature issue, check out HM #3 [it's on this site], where despite help from the Horrorcons they have their monsterbutts handed to them by Computron. They kinda fade after that chronologically, and only really show up in the latter stages of the Underbase saga... I think Blot gets to blow Mirage up, but he got better [for no real reason, and died 3 issues later]. They then have the good form to attack the tripping Starscream in a nice formation, so he can take them out in one go before moving onto the other nicely-arranged subgroups [is it me, or in Dark Star can't you just picture Budiansky going through old catalogues and putting a strike through the discontinued ranges?]. As a coda, they turn up in some of the superb post-2006 stories, most notably under the greatest Decepticon leader Soundwave in "Time Wars". UK #199 is another good one for them.
Luda-Chris
Protoform

Post by Luda-Chris »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost

Though he's incredibly strong, Abominus (like other Decepticon gestalts besides Bruticus) went down pretty easily in defeat the cartoon. Computron handled him without much trouble in "Money is Everything" and "Grimlock's New Brain".

Remember who gets whos ass handed to them in TROOP, which is also there final cartoon encounter
Cyclonus & Blurr......
Gods among Machines
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, but only because if the Terrorcons hadn't nicked the metal and crippled Jessica there wouldn't have been even a half-plot to RoOP...
Luda-Chris
Protoform

Post by Luda-Chris »

Its still a win, which gives them a total of one, making the most successful Decpticon gesealt team ever
Cyclonus & Blurr......
Gods among Machines
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Luda-Chris
Its still a win, which gives them a total of one, making the most successful Decpticon gesealt team ever
:eek:
Starscreamsghost

Originally posted by Quicksilver
is it me, or in Dark Star can't you just picture Budiansky going through old catalogues and putting a strike through the discontinued ranges?
I always found that particularly obvious on the bridge, where eight or so old Autobot cars (a few of which don't even get into the panel for their own deaths) group themselves together nicely for Screamer to blow 'em away.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Luda-Chris
how about Menasor, who flattened Bruticus, and a bunch of Autobots standing on each other's shoulders, and Devastator?
Sheba
Protoform

It is entirely plausible...

Post by Sheba »

...that the Quints did indeed create the Terrorcons. Perhaps they even created the Predacons as well. Since they had an alliance with the Decepticons against the Autobots, it does make sense that the Quints would supply the favored side with the means to destroy the 'bots. And, when the 'bots are destroyed, then there always is the possibility that both the Predacons AND the Terrorcons would turn on the Decepticons and destroy them.
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Starscreamsghost

Originally posted by Quicksilver
how about Menasor, who flattened Bruticus, and a bunch of Autobots standing on each other's shoulders, and Devastator?
And for that matter, Devastator beating the Dinobots in "Heavy Metal War", Menasor beating Superion (if only for a moment) in "The Key to Vector Sigma", Predaking getting the best of Kup and company in "Chaos", Abominus shown running over Bot opposition in "Rebirth"...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Bruticus v Dev in Starscream's Boys... And as the statement wasn't directed at any real continuity, Bruticus v Defensor, Piranacon v. some ship, etc.

It's actually only just occured to me that all of Menasor's successes were own goals to some extent... even in Masquerade he hit what appeared to be a 'Con gestalt...
Blitzwing

Re: It is entirely plausible...

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by Sheba
...that the Quints did indeed create the Terrorcons. Perhaps they even created the Predacons as well. Since they had an alliance with the Decepticons against the Autobots, it does make sense that the Quints would supply the favored side with the means to destroy the 'bots. And, when the 'bots are destroyed, then there always is the possibility that both the Predacons AND the Terrorcons would turn on the Decepticons and destroy them.
Actually, several of the Predacons can be seen in FFoD part 1 and 2 on Charr when they are cheering Cyclonus and the Sweeps on to go find Galvatron which is a long time before the Quints allign themselves with the Quintessons in FFoD part 3.
Sheba
Protoform

Re: Re: It is entirely plausible...

Post by Sheba »

Originally posted by Blitzwing

Actually, several of the Predacons can be seen in FFoD part 1 and 2 on Charr when they are cheering Cyclonus and the Sweeps on to go find Galvatron which is a long time before the Quints allign themselves with the Quintessons in FFoD part 3.
Wellllllll...
in that case it might be an animation error (lord knows TF has PLENTY of those). On the other hand, if it isn't an animation error, the Quintessons STILL could have created the Predacons--and kinda let them join the 'cons on Chaar without letting anyone know where they came from.
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".