The Queen of England has reached 90 by sacrificing better celebrities...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Brendocon 2.0

The Queen of England has reached 90 by sacrificing better celebrities...

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

... to the jaws of death in her stead, therefore prolonging her own life.

Discuss.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Also explains the continuing existence of Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Her great grandchildren are clearly all the ghosts of evacuees as well (I get that they have to be forced to dress in a way no human being let alone a child would so as to ensure the grand tradition of the royals being mentally messed up is maintained, but the people who clothe them couldn't have at least aimed for the second half of the last century?).

It's weird for my mother as she's gone very quickly from feeling worried for her parents as all their famous contemporaries started to die to having to face all her contemporaries dropping dead as well.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clay

Post by Clay »

It's what Dennis Leary does too.
Sades

Post by Sades »

You know, I'm more of a weird Prince anecdote fan than a Prince music fan, but he had some crazy, crazy talent. I don't think there's ever going to be another crazy mother****er like him. Not in mainstream media, anyway.

Obligatory Chappelle's Show clip.

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:... to the jaws of death in her stead, therefore prolonging her own life.

Discuss.
Frankly, the longer she lives the happier I'll be. Anything to keep that ugly bugger Charles from having his face on our money.

Honestly, at this point I'm expecting her to outlive him. Though I'm stunned that her lovably batty husband hasn't keeled over yet.
inflatable dalek

Didn't they decide after the last royal wedding that Pippa Middleton's Bum was going to be our next monarch?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I'm glad she's still around. Depending on how this upcoming election goes, I may be moving somewhere that has the good sense to still have a monarch.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Just discovered she offed Paco de Lucia too, way back in 2014.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

I'm sorry I didn't really want to bring this thread to a debate, or double-post, but :
Heinrad wrote:somewhere that has the good sense to still have a monarch.
Dude, I get that modern politicians are mostly crooks but I'm genuinely curious as to what advantage you see in a country with a ruling class ?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

She doesn't actually really do anything, though. She's basically a cross between a tourist attraction and a celebrity ambassador, which is fine because the Royal family bring in more money than they spend. But she's basically apolitical and only nominally the head of the country despite the huge amount of sway she would have over the public if she decided otherwise.
Sades wrote:You know, I'm more of a weird Prince anecdote fan than a Prince music fan, but he had some crazy, crazy talent. I don't think there's ever going to be another crazy mother****er like him. Not in mainstream media, anyway.
It's the insane productivity that really gets me (same level of fan bias BTW, talented guy but not my sort of music). Just the sheer amount of original material coming out of one guy year after year for, what, three or four decades, still having the time to nurture or contribute to loads of other artists and even dabble in a bit of acting. That's what really blows me away about people like Prince, Bowie etc.
inflatable dalek

I'm sure Boris Johnson and friends will turn their attention to getting rid of the Queen and the Lords as soon as the EU referendum is over, after all they keep banging on about how undemocratic it is (oddly as I'm sure I've voted in several EU elections. You'd have thought Nige Farage would have noticed that as he's an MEP) so our even more unaccountable system must be having them fuming.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

slartibartfast wrote:I'm sorry I didn't really want to bring this thread to a debate, or double-post, but :

Dude, I get that modern politicians are mostly crooks but I'm genuinely curious as to what advantage you see in a country with a ruling class ?
Depends on the ruling class. In the USA our ruling class is an extremely small number of extremely rich and greedy jackasses that only care about their bottom line and they don't give a flying rat's ass about what they have to do get more money in their pockets they will and have killed millions of people to get their money.

Now a monarchy in theory should rule without the need for personal gain (because they are often extremely rich to begin with) and rule for the best interests of the people. Now of course that is extremely rare (maybe Queen Elisabeth I is an example of a people's queen, but I'm not sure true that it is).

I will say that I prefer a monarchy over the USA oligarchy (which is ruled by the rich for the rich) which is what we have in the states only because I know in monarchy that I'm being ruled by a rich old person and thus I know who to give credit and blame too, whereas in the USA oligarchy it's next to impossible to who to give what little credit and a lot of blame too because they love to stay in the shadows.

That is just my 2 cents.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
inflatable dalek

The Queen (and if you want to be really cynical, the elected politicians) is only a figurehead. The actual people with power are just as oblique as their American counterparts.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

inflatable dalek wrote:The Queen (and if you want to be really cynical, the elected politicians) is only a figurehead. The actual people with power are just as oblique as their American counterparts.
I know. I was speaking in broad general terms. Just like I know that history is filled with monarchs that were greedy, selfish bastards and some there were utter useless.

It's just under a monarchy I know who the ruler is, whereas in the US oligarchy it's a harder to know, sure I blame the Koch brothers, the Walton Family, and Trump but there is more than just those stupid, greedy, and evil ****wits but it's also the multinational corporations and so on.

99% of the politicians in BOTH major political parties the USA are whores (sorry but I don't know what else to call them) who are there to do the bidding of their rich donors. The 1% are ones like Bernie Sanders who at least seems to give a damn about the American people. Maybe if enough people who are "Bernie or Bust" will support the Green Party and make them a true Progressive party in this country although I doubt they will win the White House this time.

And FTR I would rather have Trump than the Libertarian Party's Gary Johnson as President. I don't like any of the American Conservatives but I really hate the Aye Rand worshiping libertarians even more all they are corporate anarchists.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I don't wish to derail the thread but I find the whole notion of a monarch ridiculous in 2016.

Mind you, this is the country that outcries against "unelected officials" supposedly ruling us from the EU but is more than flattering towards a basically very rich woman who was born into this role [and her descendants] and a House of Lords which consists of lesser rich but still filthy rich lesser aristocrats that bought into those roles and have a say in the law making of the country.

Talk about double standards and delusions...
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Knightdramon wrote:Mind you, this is the country that outcries against "unelected officials" supposedly ruling us from the EU
Nah, that's just muppets that don't understand how parliament works. I mean I didn't vote for a single person in Westminster, but that's democracy for you.
inflatable dalek

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Nah, that's just muppets that don't understand how parliament works. I mean I didn't vote for a single person in Westminster, but that's democracy for you.
The problem is these numpites include people who are actually in Parliament.

Of course, you could argue current events are showing us democracy is ****ed up anyway. Luckily the way things are going it's not likely to be a problem for much longer. At least until the cockroaches evolve to the point they start forming governments as well.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Nah, that's just muppets that don't understand how parliament works. I mean I didn't vote for a single person in Westminster, but that's democracy for you.
Yeah but those dumb as sh!t muppets carry a loud effin' voice and are in the majority [or so it seems] today.

As to what dalek says, what we have these past few months is not necessarily democracy but populism.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Don't confuse the people who shout the loudest with what the majority think. We'll find out in a couple of weeks.