What's your favourite TV show? [go Simpsons!]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Claypool
Protoform

OK, Is it safe to say that the Simpsons is the best show ever?

Post by Claypool »

While I do love transformers and I think the cartoon is awsome, I think Simpsons clearly is the winner of "Best........SHow.........Ever" If I had to live with on an island and watch only one show for the rest of my life, it would have to be simpsons. What about you? Dont even say "Everybody loves Raymond", that show is overrated and dumb, GO SIMPSONS!!
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

HEY!!! Who edited my topic name!!!!!!!!!!!
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Simpsons are getting old fast.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Originally posted by Blaster_86
Simpsons are getting old fast.

yeah.....your right, they're only the longest running cartoon series EVER cause they're getting old.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Claypool

yeah.....your right, they're only the longest running cartoon series EVER cause they're getting old.
No I mean their jokes, they are just stupid now I laughed like once last time I watched the show.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Family Guy is the funniest cartoon ever, but those idiots at FOX canceled the show. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope some other network picks it up instead.
sprites touch
Protoform

Post by sprites touch »

It's an imposiable dilema, how can you even ask, would you ask a mother, who's her favorite child???:eek: I know I need to get a lif.
Still, I recently watched Gargoyles, and I really love that show, wish there were more eps.
If I have to choose from what's on now, I'd say Buffy.

Having a smart mouth gets me in a lot of stupid $#!t.
------------------------
Original artwork M.cavotta
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Well, I haven't watched that much TV lately, but one thing I saw recently really impressed me no end. It was 'The West Wing'. I've never seen it before, and was never bothered to even give it a try, but one night I had the TV on in the background while I was typing posts here, and the dialogue on the TV was so funny and smart. I ended up watching the whole episode. Its really good stuff, can't believe I never bothered with it before!

As far as 'The Simpsons' is concerned, yeah, I would have agreed with Blaster_86 all the way, but I did happen to see a very new episode which was as funny as their earlier stuff, so if they can pull a few more out of the hat like that one, then there'll be plenty of life in the old dog yet.

I also saw my first episode of 'Angel' last night, it was on in the background while I was over at Transfans (Oooh you multiboard slut!) and that wasn't bad either. It was the one where he sings the Barry Manilow song in the night club.

Is there still going to be a Simpsons movie? and a Goonies 2?

[Edit] Oh yeah, I also tip my hat to The Soprano's, but right now the West Wing is IT.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Red Dwarf, without a doubt. The entire cast is awesome and funny (apart from Chloe Anet, but she's fit, so who cares?)

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Sades

Post by Sades »

Simpsons is still pretty good, I think... Then again all I ever seem to be able to catch are the reruns. I don't have the TV guide memorized yet. :p

My fav show of the moment is "Gilmore Girls". I'm catching up on all the gilmorey goodness I missed for the pasy year... summer reruns, bless 'em...

Kill Dawson. Kill, kill Dawson. I hate that show. And Smallville. Ugh.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Family Guy was better than The Simpsons. Although my favorite TV show is X-Files.
Jetfire

ftrom what comes to mind....

Post by Jetfire »

Can't say I can narrow it down to one show but Simpsons has consitently been the funniest throught out and its only natural after 13 years its starting to get a fair few duff episodes in the run. still the other 200+ make up for that.
Only fools and horses was one of the best and Red Dwarf.
buffy, Angel and Smallville and the best at the moment. Eastenders when its good its great.
Friends started of really great but after the second series fell in quality faster than veron after he started at Man U.
Cold feet was a brilliant comedy/drama.
In cartoons mysterious cities of Gold and dungeons and dragons.
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Family Guy is the funniest cartoon ever, but those idiots at FOX canceled the show. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope some other network picks it up instead.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:MAD: :MAD:
Those B*******, those funkilling, Murphy's Law enforcing, "The View" watching B*******. Why, oh why...........................
The Humanity.

Long
live
STEWIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

I'd say Simpsons, there's enough episodes so that you could probably die on said desert isle and only be in the first re-runs circuit, plus it's mad funny.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

1. Seinfeld
2. Family Guy
3. M.A.S.H.
4. The Simpsons
5. Married With Children
6. Spin City
7. The West Wing
8. Vengeance Unlimited
Metroplex
Protoform

Post by Metroplex »

Right noe, i'd have to rank Buffy & Angel up on no.1, with Startrek : Voyager a close second. Yes, I'm a trekkie, I admit it, so sue me ;) Of course, if they started broadcasting anything Tf that's any good, them three be outta the window
RCOSD

Post by RCOSD »

Red Dwarf
~*ShadowDancer*~

Post by ~*ShadowDancer*~ »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Red Dwarf, without a doubt....

I'd have to agree.
~*SD*~
Proud Member of The Mini Owner's Club.

Links:

Shadow's Site - *Updated 22-03-04!*