Revoltech Convoy

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ackula

Revoltech Convoy

Post by Ackula »

So last weekend me and my wife went down to L.A. to go to America's #1 haunted theme park Knott's Scary Farm. Well on the way back we stopped at some mall in Orange County to pick up some things for the kids. We went into a little toy store and lo and behold I spotted Revoltech Convoy and Megatron on the shelves there.

So..I picked up a Convoy, mainly because there are no movie toys I want anymore, and I am super impressed with this figure. The articulation is just amazing. We were stuck in traffic for 2 hours on the freeway and we entertained ourselves for hours posing Convoy...pretty much any pose you can think of..you can do it. I had Convoy in Yoga and Zen poses...I had him doing martial arts...he was even taking a dump...endless possibilities here.

I must highly recommend this figure, I'm not one to like non-transformable figures usually, but this one is tops. He has extra hands for different poses, and a little matrix as well for those "Prime on his deathbed" poses. My only regret is that I didn't have enough cash to get Megatron as well...but I certainly will asap.

So does anyone else have one of these? What do you think....?
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

The thing I don't like about Revoltechs is their hip joints. Namely the fact that any attempt to make them stand straight is going to make them look goofy.

Well, at least the Evas have that problem.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I have the Megatron and love him to bits. Given the choice with the dosh I had available, it had to be ohhh shiny Megs, but I have seen and really would like Revoltech OP to stand alongside him. The posability of these figures is amazing, the joints are very good and, in my experience (ie removing Megs from small and unwilling fingers) fairly strong. So the hips can seem a bit odd - have you looked at some of the real transforming toys out there?

Soon to come into a bit of money and Convoy is on my list along with a flat screen monitor, MP Skywarp and repaint Starscream!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pugnate
Protoform

Post by Pugnate »

Hi wow, my first post. Also I had no idea they were selling those toys in local American stores, which is pretty cool.

Anyway I have both the Megatron and Optimus, and I have to say, I like Megatron a lot better.

In terms of rating, if I were to give Megs a 10, I'd give Optimus a 7.5

For some reason I find the plastic on the Optimus toy to look cheaper as compared to Megatron. Plus it doesn't make sense that the gun would come apart into two as well, and is quite annoying.

While the pain on Megatron makes him look fantastic and really sexy, Optimus looks a little cheaper.

Still both great figures, and super poseable.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Pugnate
Hi wow, my first post. Also I had no idea they were selling those toys in local American stores, which is pretty cool.

Well this toy store isn't a typical store. They have lots of vintage stuff in glass cases, and they actually had the entire Revoltech line of figures on one shelf. They also had a huge section of Japanese import toys from various anime series that I'm not familiar with.
Pugnate
Protoform

Post by Pugnate »

Ahhh I see... makes sense now. There are lot of those in Canada, and these seem to charge twice as much as regular price at times. Still, makes for great browsing.

Funny stuff is in these stores I find guys mostly my age. I am 27 BTW, and a little guilty about my collecting habits. :P
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Funny stuff is in these stores I find guys mostly my age. I am 27 BTW, and a little guilty about my collecting habits. :P

Oh, so young to have a guilt complex!

Welcome to the board, Pugnate!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Ahhh I see... makes sense now. There are lot of those in Canada, and these seem to charge twice as much as regular price at times. Still, makes for great browsing.

Their Revoltech figures are actually cheaper than buying online once you factor in shipping costs. Convoy was only $24.99, as were all the other Revoltech figures.