Peter Cullen will be at BotCon

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Peter Cullen will be at BotCon

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Be nice to him, everybody.. he's actually very shy!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Well, that's about the only thing they have going for it this year, IMO. I still ****ing hate them and wish somebody without a conflict of interests (i.e. - GI Joe Convention) would get the rights to conventify.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Well, that's about the only thing they have going for it this year, IMO. I still ****ing hate them and wish somebody without a conflict of interests (i.e. - GI Joe Convention) would get the rights to conventify.

I hate to say this, but I honestly thikn that the behaviour of the fandom around Glen (and a couple of other con runners previously) really turned Hasbro, etc, off of doing a LOT for the Transformers fandom as a whole. Sadly, I can see why we're getting second shift here.

In Hasbro's, et al, shoes.. I probably would too. :S
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Explanation, please.

I hope you're not referring to the fandom getting pissed with him for being unable to cobble together a convention thanks to his incompetence. I mean, yes, I'm sure it's a lot of hard work and I certainly wouldn't want to do it, but the last BotCon (that actually occurred during the convention season) wasn't as successful as a 20th Anniversary thing should have been. By second-hand accounts anyway.

The most likely reason Transformers gets the backseat (assuming Hasbro did this intentionally, which I doubt*), is because the Joe fans are more numerous and therefore profitable for Fun Publications. I mean, you have a toy line that's been around for 20 years longer than Transformers with a corresponding fanbase.

*It doesn't make sense for Hasbro to intentionally (and I guess, spitefully?) encourage a half-assed Transformers convention in favor of the Joe convention, when they could be reaping the benefits from both. The problem seems to be that they sold/leased/however it works the rights to Fun Publications under the impression that FP could handle both conventions efficiently.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Oh, many factors. It wasn't just one thing, and it had been building over the years.

You have Raksha's relationship with Hasbro, then the whole MIB fiasco, then Glen's firing of the HArmans, then the fandom choosing sides over it, Glen's complete cluster... erm... mess up with the fan club, the number of smaller companies which stopped doing business with Glen, etc...

Nevermind the usual bickering between web boards (which was worst at this time), literal death threats against series' writers, etc...

I'm not saying some of the negativity in general wasn't justified, certainly. I'm just saying that, from Hasbro's point of view, why the heck even BOTHER? The collective 'we' seriously blew it, getting the second tier for the fan club and convention is our prize.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
I hope you're not referring to the fandom getting pissed with him for being unable to cobble together a convention thanks to his incompetence.
No, it's because of the logistical f*ck-ups that fan organisers are off the cards; taking things out of the hands of people who'll bicker constantly and turn it into politics probably seemed sensible.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

...But Peter Cullen will be there...

seriously if Mr. Cullen is a shy guy lets all be very good to him. I don't know that much about him, but coming to a tf convention has got to be something he's doing for us, not us doing him a favor.

He may actually be a nice man and bring great stories to the convention, So thanks in advance.
Come on and wind me up.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by another tf fan
He may actually be a nice man and bring great stories to the convention
He has in the past, IIRC.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
Be nice to him, everybody.. he's actually very shy!

As long as he'll fight for the freedom of sentient beings everywhere, I'm cool with him.

;)
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Scorned1
Protoform

shouldn't Peter Cullen be the voice of....

Post by Scorned1 »

shouldn't Peter Cullen be the voice of Ironhide too in the movie? he did duo roles for the Transformers series. I apologize if this topic has been discussed before.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'd rather you apologise for opening a topic in a news forum to ask a question and ignoring that fairly clear bit at the top that says READ THIS BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD...
Scorned1
Protoform

Post by Scorned1 »

Originally posted by Denyer
I'd rather you apologise for opening a topic in a news forum to ask a question and ignoring that fairly clear bit at the top that says READ THIS BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD...

Well OMG, what I did had got to be the most terrible thing related to the Transformers since it was told there is no Shockwave in the live action movie.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Remarks like this only encourage me to write scripts to erase an account and all attached posts. Useful for spam and annoying little sh*tes.
Scorned1
Protoform

Post by Scorned1 »

Remarks like this only encourage me to write scripts to erase an account and all attached posts. Useful for spam and annoying little sh*tes.

Well that is very nice of you if you would. You gotta do something other than posting (9.53 posts per day) as it said on your statistic.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20060405.html

For anyone playing along at home.

edit:
This is the reason that the user gave:
too much power going through his head?
Well, it's probably fair to say most people at least get a chuckle out of it when someone reports them to themselves.
Scorned1
Protoform

Post by Scorned1 »

SERIOUSLY shouldn't Peter Cullen be the voice of Ironhide too in the movie? he did duo roles for the Transformers series.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

He has said that there was no mention of Ironhide at the time he auditioned -- which could be for a large number of reasons, but probably boils down to the film-makers wanting to get some "star" factor into the TF voices (as much as Cullen impressed Bay and the casting panel, there's a factor of him being considered due to fan consensus.)
Scorned1
Protoform

Post by Scorned1 »

He has said that there was no mention of Ironhide at the time he auditioned -- which could be for a large number of reasons, but probably boils down to the film-makers wanting to get some "star" factor into the TF voices (as much as Cullen impressed Bay and the casting panel, there's a factor of him being considered due to fan consensus.)

Well there go my dream of Peter Cullen doing the voice of Ironhide too. Thanks alot Denyer.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

thanks for the link, I hadn't read that interview before.
Come on and wind me up.