Alternators Nemesis Prime availability furore

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Alternators Nemesis Prime at Club store, plus rules for buying

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=103261
We have received a VERY limited number of Nemesis Prime Alternators Dodge Ram SRT-10 (ComiCon Exclusive).

On Thursday morning at 9am central time we will put these in the store at transformersclub.com/shop.

Here are the rules:

1. You are limited to one per membership.

2. The store software will let you put more than one in a basket but don't try as the humans on this end will take it back out.

3. Don't try to place more than one order as if we have to credit you back, there will be a 25% restock fee.

4. PLEASE don't call about this as we will not be taking any calls on this product. When the store stocks out online, they are GONE. We don't have the manpower to tell people on the phone we are out.

5. We cannot take any pre-orders for this item and we cannot hold any.

Sorry for all the rules but I have gotten a fair number of emails about this product. The price will be $28+shipping as it carries a higher cost to us and this covers the normal mark-up. We were very fortunate that Hasbro was gracious enogh to provide us with these for you.

Thanks for your support!

Brian
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

We don't have the manpower to tell people on the phone we are out.
So... in other words, the club can't cope with any sudden interest from the general public. Looks like they're well-placed to deal with an upcoming feature film.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

PLEASE don't call about this as we will not be taking any calls on this product.
Presumably there's some policy of truth in effect and they don't want the dilemma of facing the question "is the toy worth my money?"

It isn't. :(
Clay

Post by Clay »

What's the advantage of ordering one through the Collector's Club as opposed to the Hasbro Online Toyshop? Available to non-US residents?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

POssibly that and the fact that if you're a member, there's going to be a much smaller pool of people, trying to order one as well, and while they only have a small number of them, your chances are probably better, especially with the one per member rule, which takes out potential scalpers.

Hopefully, I'll be able to snag one from HTS before they're sold out.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

Wait...does this mean that you can't get Nemesis Prime at the Hasbro Toy Store??? I took this to mean that you can only get him at the Comicon thingy and the Transformers Collectors' Club. Someone kill me now. I refuse to join that silly club for $40 + pay close to $30 + shipping, when Alternators cost $19.99 at the stores. That's ludicrous.
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Nope. You'll be able to get them through HTS. This is just a way for members to get a hold of one a little easier. I'd say that unless they got a very small number of them, members will probably have a much easier shot at it.

Though, I think it's pretty ****ty of them to make an exclusive out of the only non-OP Dodge Ram.

Hopefully, they'll remold the head and release another one or something. I'd love to see a Trailbreak-I mean overhaul. Either that, or they do another pickup truck.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

And of course I'm on the US West Coast, which means I'll have to wake up at 5:45am so I'm functional by 6am to be quick enough to order it. And pray that I'm quick enough. It's been a HORRIBLE last few days and this would kind of cheer me up. :D
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, there's no way they're going to meet the demand for this one, especially wih a**hole scalpers buying up as many as they can.

I've been excited about a Dodge Ram alt, since I heard about it, but I really don't need another OP, so I'm hoping I can snag this one.

I hope your rough patch smooths out. I'm not having a bad stretch, per se. It's more or less just that everything's coming up mediocre for me. Being forced to work 9-5 every day with food, rent, and the odd action figure as my only incentives certainly doesn't help matters.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Thanks bud. Just have to roll with the punches, I'm finding out. As Bon Jovi says, "Living on a prayer..." haha. At least today is comic day and I can get some light reading (Stormbringer and some DC stuff that I've gotten into).

I can't even find Alternator OP (or the rest of the new wave Mirage, reissue Meister, Camshaft...not to mention 20th Anniversary OP...never have seen any Masterpiece/20th ann in stores!

I WILL get Nemesis Prime in the Transformers toystore. It's destiny. ;)

Good luck on your problems too--it'll get better dude.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Thanks. Good luck with the alt search.

Yeah, my area tends to be about 3 months behind, usually, so most of the time, I find it on HTS first, which is a shame because I quite like being able to go into a store and buy something.
Tequilatron
Protoform

Post by Tequilatron »

what the crap?! did i miss something? the page keeps saying "coming soon" and its 9:30 Eastern.

:wall:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, my theory is that they can't get online to update it to say "In Stock" because so many people want it. This is a terrible way of handling it.
Tequilatron
Protoform

Post by Tequilatron »

now, my dilemma is....do i sit here and keep hitting "refresh" hoping i'll get lucky or do something worthwhile with my time and money?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Three hours later and still nothing . . .

Good thing I havea job, where I'm stuck at a desk.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

ARGH!!! I totally forgot to wake up early to buy the figure and now it's saying "coming soon" which either means it's sold out...or it didn't come out on time as promised!!! OMG!!! :wall:

Did ANYONE get it through Hasbro Toy Store?? Or is this just me?!?!?:confused:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

It hasn't been released yet. I just emailed hts to see what the deal is.

EDIT: Went straight to "Out of Stock."
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

This is F'ing ridiculous. I was pressing "refresh" every two seconds. It NEVER was available for sale! It went from coming soon to out of stock immediately. Hasbro--you're a bunch of liars. Your marketing department should be FIRED. You have lost the trust of MANY loyal Transformers fans today and you will need to do something big to get our trust back. If you couldn't stock the toy...you should have just said so. Didn't you guys learn anything in Marketing 101? Admit fault--don't ignore the problem.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Just buy one off eBay.

Or don't buy one at all. Get some sandwiches instead. I wish I'd spent the money on a sandwich...
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Originally posted by Brendocon
Just buy one off eBay.

That's not the point...why should I spend 2-3x for one on EBay, when I could get one for $24.99? Stupid Hasbro.