What is the most expensive Transformer you own?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ackula

What is the most expensive Transformer you own?

Post by Ackula »

I'm just curious, and thought this might be a fun thread. What is the most money you have ever spent on a Transformer, and which Transformer was it?

I'm pretty cheap...so for me it was Armada Unicron, which actually my wife bought me this last Xmas for $68. Coming in at second is Cybertron Galvatron at $58.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That I actually paid for, rather than grew up with? Individually nothing much... have a set of Dinobots and a few Binaltechs/Alternators.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Denyer
That I actually paid for, rather than grew up with? Individually nothing much... have a set of Dinobots and a few Binaltechs/Alternators.

Hmmmm.. I suppose we could make this also what we grew up with that was most expensive. Which in that case I'm not sure on my part..I know I had Trypticon and Metroplex...but I have no idea what my parents paid for those back in the day. Anyone know what retail prices were on G1 back when they came out?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Maybe Scorponok? I dunno. I don't really follow prices, these days. He's the one I've spent the most money on, even if you don't count that butthole from ebay, who scammed me on the first Scorponok I won).
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

I've splashed out £36 for a Soundwave and 2 cassetts..I think that's around $70 US.
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

MP-4. Costed almost $200 US for me.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Hmm... of what's LEFT? Probably Classics Jetfire. Of course, my collection has been severely pruned over the years. My most expensive piece EVAR was G1 Scorponok.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

DVD Masterpiece Prime. I bought him at toys R us and was charged 89.99 + tax for the privilage.
Come on and wind me up.
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

Most expensive ever: 20th Ann. Prime - $45, Second most expensive Takara Jazz Reissue- $35
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

uhm...Brave Max (RiD - knockoff) was about £120 after import tax

In terms of sell-on value, probably European Overlord.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Jetfire was somewhere between £50 and £70, which is about twice as much as I've paid for anything else... A real case of "I really want that". I think after that it was the Prowl & Soundwave reissues for about £30. I'm a jammy ****er, overall, though, fluking all sorts for less than they were going for at the time... I did pay £150 for a bunch of about 30 figures about five years ago, but got that back on three or four of them.
Civ

Post by Civ »

The most expensive one I ever bought? A vintage, near-minty, near-complete, G1, all-plastic Predaking for $400 about 3 or 4 weeks before the metal reissue was announced. Words could not describe how pissed off I was.

The one that's worth the most? Probably my MIB G1 Reflector, which I was told is worth about $600 and I got it for $150.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Most expensive transformer is a tie between MP Starscream-Mp Convoy, with Kiss Convoy coming a close second. Most expensive item in my collection would have to be PG Strike, for now.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
lfitz
Protoform

Post by lfitz »

600 FOR A BLACK ZARAK
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

hmmm, where do i start? well, i paid like £450 for a blue bluestreak, but being a diaclone i guess that doesn't count, so, let's see, £420 for raiden, but, all six were individual so, i guess that won't count either so it looks like it was prob fortress maximus which was about £350. geez, i spend waaay too much, i need a life or something. do i really think i can impress the ladies with this????
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

No.

You can, however, impress the ladies with the latest Nokia Communicator. Which costs about as much.
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

The most expensive Transformers I've bought were Brave Maximus and the 2001 reissue of Ultra Magnus in his Powered Convoy colour scheme. I paid just over £100.00 for them. I can't remember exactly but I think slightly more for the Magnus,

Andy
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

I feel like a real cheapskate right about now my most expensive Tf is my TRU reissue Soundwave for just over £30(about$65)
My cheapest Tf related items are the RM KOs for £1 each but Ive also picked up C8 Galvatron with working light and sound for £5 hence the sig,a 99% complete VGC Metroplex for £13,a complete boxed C8/9 UM for £16.50 and a sealed Jazz reissue for £9.99 and Im waiting on Anime Starscream which I won at the weekend for £16(all prices Uk Sterling inc postage)
If anyones interested and wants a look you can find most of them here

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... TRK:ME:UFS
and Starscreams here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

So (if I can) Im gonna change the question slightly and ask whos your biggest Tf bargain that left you thinking "man,I got a good deal there"
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The guv'nor at Transfans sold me a BT Grimlock for a tenner, IIRC. He was a bit pissed off with the thing.

Got BT Hound pretty cheap off eBay, and between that and Grimlock I'd have to say that, whilst they have a nice heft, Alternators are better-balanced and more durable.
sid burn
Protoform

Post by sid burn »

Other than the obvious big ticket players like MP01,04,05.

I recently spent over $100 on a MISB Toy's dream Project Energon Ultra Magnus to compliment my MISB Japanese silver face plated Armada Overload.

Though Overload was a steal at less than $20.

I want Sentinel Maximus to complete the set but it is just too overpriced, usually starting MISB at $160-$200+, I was recently outbid for one, as $110 was as high as I would go.