New Alternator Models: Neon SRT-4 and Ram Pickup

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

New Alternator Models: Neon SRT-4 and Ram Pickup

Post by Bombshell »

Copied from Transfandom.com

Brandweek (Marketing trade publication) had a short but interesting article about the marketing of the Alternators Transformers. The article basically stated info we all know (the Mazda website, 6 planned bots etc), yet it had an interesting note on the future of the Alternators line. Hollie Holmes, who works for Brand Sense, which is the agency representing Hasbro on the Alternators project, confirmed that Hasbro is currently in talks with Dodge for Alernators based on the Neon SRT-4 (Bumblebee?) and the new Ram Pickup (Trailbreaker? Hoist? Ironhide?). Once again this is a confirmed article through Brandweek.
MookieNJ
Protoform

Post by MookieNJ »

Wow, Chrysler must love Hasbro / Takara. First they gave us the Jeep Wrangler and the Dodge Viper, and now they may be adding two more Dodge vehicles to the lineup.

On a sidenote, I wonder what company will push their SUV for the truck-styled transformers? Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Neon isn't the choice I'd pick for any of them myself, but it'll be nice to have another figure in the line.

I just wish there were some word on Decepticons.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

I'm still hanging out for a hummer Alternator.. which would be interesting to see if they could pull it off, owing to the fact that hummers are fat...
capn geech
Protoform

Post by capn geech »

I'm still hoping for a Mini.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

i highly doubt that the Neon could be bumblebee, i may be wrong but i dont think hasbro's THAT stupid. they should know that there will pretty much be a riot if they take an old compact car and turn it into a sedan altenator. The pickup's up for grabs(sory coudlnt resist :D ) it could be any truck type TF. Most likely itll be dissapointing no matter who it is. Donno whey they dont get some new fancy car carrier and do a new Magnus or do a prime, if they dont do a prime i myself will send them thousands of hate mail. damn you hasbro, DAMN YOU :rant:
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

uhm, 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime ... or Masterpiece Convoy -- take your pick
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by The Dark Optimus Prime
Donno whey they dont get some new fancy car carrier and do a new Magnus or do a prime, if they dont do a prime i myself will send them thousands of hate mail. damn you hasbro, DAMN YOU :rant:

And if you don't send me money, I'll do a fancy little dance and sing "I Want It All" until you fulfil my wishes. :rolleyes:
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by The Dark Optimus Prime

Please leave the state. You're dragging us all down. BTW, it's "Massachusetts."
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

why is it that G1 fanboys don't think that maybe one of the reasons Hasbro re-uses names for new figures (that may/may not resemble the original version) is so they don't loose the copywrite on the name?

Personally I'll be collecting the Alternators regardless of what name they attach to them - As long as they continue to of the same standards we've seen thus far I'll continue to spend the money...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Any why would we want a new Prime anyway? We've already had the Masterpiece, as well as about 20 million different versions over the years.

-Ss
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Any why would we want a new Prime anyway? We've already had the Masterpiece, as well as about 20 million different versions over the years.

-Ss

I was going to say, Masterpiece Prime is more than enough Prime to last me for a while. I'd rather see them continue to update characters that maybe haven't seen the light of day for a while.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

With the Free Trade Agreement that the US just signed with Australia, the Aussie ute can now enter the US "pick-up truck" market.

Here's hoping that a ute Alternator (complete with a "Conargo Pub" sticker, random B&S Ball stickers, and about 20 aerials) can be the next step. Holden ute Alternator, you know you'd love it.
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
Lo Load
Protoform

Post by Lo Load »

Now that would be something.....unfortunately no one outside OZ knows what a B&S is so dressing it in that theme would not sell.

HOWEVER........

Take one VY HSV Maloo Ute, painted Safron Gold or Panther Mica (my two fav COMMONdore colours), call him Heartbeat (a reference to the Chevy donk), and I reckon they'll be on a winner. Go the whole hog & make a combiner with a few more utes like the Ford XR6 Turbo and maybe the Proton Jumbuck as well.

Another slant could be to release a Yellow HSV GTO Coupe as Sunstreeker and a Red HSV R8 Maloo Ute as Sideswipe. Remember that these two characters were "brothers" in G1 and were both Lambo's. These would sell well as the GTO Coupe is being sold in the US as Pontiac GTO's & there was talk of the Utes going over as the new Chev El Camino. Both vehicles come off the Holden production line using basically the same jigs so they would tie in perfectly with the "brothers" background and also for the new "Alternators" storyline!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D
Drag it fast, drag it low, Drag'n is the way to go!