Super-Glue is a Transfans best friend

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Blitzwing

Super-Glue is a Transfans best friend

Post by Blitzwing »

So I had my Classics Jetfire displayed on top of my TV. A friend was over and accidentely bumped the TV, knocking Jetfire and a few others to the ground. The impact caused one of the barrells on his gun to break clean off. Luckily, my good friend Super-glue, came to the rescue and saved the day. It looks like nothing ever happened to it.

Then last night, I got a complete loose Ravage from Ebay delivered. It was packaged only in a bubble-wrapped envelope, and when I opened it up, I found that both of the fins on his missle launchers had broken off during delivery. Super-glue came to the rescue again and after just 20 minutes, they looked as good as new.

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone else had their toys saved by Super-Glue. Also wanted to let everyone who may have not known, just how well it works to repair accessories.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Frakkin connection kicked out, and I lost my reply, damn it! Hardly ever happens.

Anywho, I've used it on GI Joe stuffs:
-I got an '83 Torpedo and when it came in, he had been beheaded. I used it to repair the neck joint.
-The late RAH figure stands are about a micron thicker than the old ones. I learned that when I tried to put Overlord on one of them and his heel exploded. I used superglue to fix that. Now, I make sure to trim the peg before I put my older joes on the stands.
PresidentSEARS

Post by PresidentSEARS »

I've posted this long ago, but here it is again; Super glue, or more precisely Plastic bond has served me well as a joint stiffener.
On a few of the cheaper Loose limbed figures I've gotten it's stiffened them up a treat.
As long as you take apart said figure to glue, and don't get it dripping anywhere undesirable it can be a great little tool.
signofzeta
Protoform

Post by signofzeta »

When my magnaboss ironhide socket that holds the head half in place started to crack, I used a mixture of regular glue, wood glue, and modelling glue. It worked. It also tightened the joint, so it isn't as loose as before, so I can pose the elephant head half better in magnaboss mode, or ironhide robot mode.

The reason why it cracked, well was because it was under the weight of my transformers collection.

I have a RiD super mode prowl, has a crack, i don't think super glue could save that one. The crack is so wide, that is looks like a piece was missing from it.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Superglue is not a wonder solution. It was invented to fix wounds not toys, models, pots etc. If you handle the join too often, it'll give way, Remember this...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
signofzeta
Protoform

Post by signofzeta »

Clogs wrote:Superglue is not a wonder solution. It was invented to fix wounds not toys, models, pots etc. If you handle the join too often, it'll give way, Remember this...
I thought wounds could be fixed by band-aids. My magnaboss held well with superglue, except that I move that part I super glued, carefully, as if it was still broken.