"Just be yourself"?????

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sheba
Protoform

"Just be yourself"?????

Post by Sheba »

Seems as if being myself is bad. Once people see me being myself, they all of a sudden have excuse to STOP liking me even though I didn't DO anything to them.

On the other hand, if I'm NOT being myself, I can only hold out for so long before I HAVE to revert back to being myself. Then....DISASTER STRIKES!!! :eek:
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Yeah, I know how you feel. I can't be me neither, weirdos think I'm a nerd, nerds think I'm an idiot, idiots think I'm a loser and losers think I'm a weirdo. I'm too square to be hip and vica versa. What I mean to say is I don't fit in anywhere, I don't get respect from anybody.

It's really tough to be yourself if nobody likes you for it. After a while I got used to it, and started pretending to be someone else. Then I got a few friends.

I wonder how Brendocon originally figured out that I'm a mook. Does it show that clearly? To most people, I'm truly insignificant, and somehow people never know my name, unless it's one of the people that makes fun of me, mocks me and generally tries to insult me...
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Be yourself no matter what, people hate you for it screw them you are better off with out them. Real friends are those that see past your stupid human flaws like tempers and stupidity, if you get insulted take it and laugh knowing they are worse off then you inside.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Sheba, did I ever tell you how much I love you?
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by Blaster_86
Be yourself no matter what, people hate you for it screw them you are better off with out them. Real friends are those that see past your stupid human flaws like tempers and stupidity, if you get insulted take it and laugh knowing they are worse off then you inside.
That may be one of the smartest things the tapedeck has said yet...
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

Originally posted by Claypool
Sheba, did I ever tell you how much I love you?
hmm I don't think you have...
*tackle-hugs Claypool* :D :D :D
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Sheba

you may wish to bath thoroughly now... don't know where he's been...
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Galvatron91

With Red Wings fans, definatly bathe.
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

I don't know why people wouldn't like the real you. You seem to be a nice person who backs her beliefs till the end. That later is a respectable quality, certainly not a reason for people to dislike you. It's not like you can really try to change who you are. I really don't know what I can say to help you Sheba, I fall into the forgotton category of people. I'm polite, shy,and keep to myself. I am not liked a great deal, nor disliked. I'm sorry, but I can't help you since I haven't been in your shoes. About the best advice I can give is to try to be polite and to put up with everyone around you as well as you possibly can.
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Blaster_86

With Red Wings fans, definatly bathe.
a random banning seems so fitting right now...
Sir Auros

0:-)

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Galvatron91

...I had thought he was over in "Toys/Merchandise" making Garand's job difficult...
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Unique Chicks rule!

Banning how about beating!
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Originally posted by Sheba

hmm I don't think you have...
ooooo, i like em fiesty
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

I like you Sheba. I am yet to see anything from you which would cause me not to.

--nmathew
________
LovelyWendie
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

If being yourself feels most comfortable to you, then so be it, Sheebs. :) I myself used to fret over what others thought of me; when people thought negatively about me, I mired in self pity for not being in the 'in' crowd. However, I learned that it's not what other people's opinions of you that matters, it's what you think of yourself that does. I may not be entirely successful at the moment, but I sincerely believe that the moment I started respecting myself for being ME my life changed for the better. It matters not what others say about me; if they think I'm stupid, weird, whatever, then that's their opinion, not mine. Just consider that whoever they may find cool may actually think they're uncool. I've seen it too much, especially when I was in High School. I saw some of my friends be buddy-buddy with one another when they're together, and talk about each other like dogs behind each other's back. Where does that get anyone? Respect and like yourself and others will respect and like you for that... but maybe not just right away, but they will. :)
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Originally posted by nmathew
I like you Sheba. I am yet to see anything from you which would cause me not to.

--nmathew
I think your just jealous cause she likes me more
Sheba
Protoform

ahhhhh such attention...

Post by Sheba »

*curls up and purrrrrrrrrs*

what? After all part of my brain thinks I'm a cat, and I'm being myself! :D :p
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

YOU ARE NOT A GOD DAMNED CAT

YOU ARE A HUMAN

UNDERSTAND THAT
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

A Person is smart,but the people are stupid...
Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by ThunderCracker84
YOU ARE NOT A GOD DAMNED CAT

YOU ARE A HUMAN

UNDERSTAND THAT
"A human being's an animal, bub. 'Cept most animals wouldn't take that as a compliment."
—Wolverine

:p