Animated Earth mode Megatron toy + others spotted in CNN video

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

Animated Earth mode Megatron toy + others spotted in CNN video

Post by Ackula »

http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/n...asbro.cnnmoney

This news comes from TFW2005, Animated Megatron's Earth mode figure has been spotted in CNN's "2008 toy trends" video clip. It also looks like Voyager Earth mode Optimus is there and looks like a new Movie Bumblebee blaster toy too. Mirrored images of the screencaps below.

Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

That's not fair. CNN gets Animated toys now, and us average Joes have to wait until June?
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Is it me or is it strange to release toys six months after the cartoon first airs? I'm loving the cartoon and I'm champing at the bit for the toys, so a six month wait seems ridiculous. I wasn't fussed about the movie toys but I'm eagerly awaiting these.

So is it normal to wait so long before releasing the toys? Won't most of the kids who see the cartoon have lost interest by the time the toys are out?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Sunstreaker2
That's not fair.

That's advertising.

Next you'll be complaining that the people who photograph them for the catalogues have been allowed access before you.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

But nothing! Women like you are the reason this chicken's late in the first place. You'll be lucky if you get any of my lovely chicken if you keep up this kind of behaviour. Goddamn son-of-a-bitch! This is great chicken, getting nothing but flack. "Wah wah wah! When's the chicken?" Chicken's ready when I say it's ready. Ugh! Now I don't even know what I'm cooking I'm so angry. Seasoning. Hmm, now, what do I need, what do I need? Tarragon? Hmm maybe. Oregano, never heard it of it. Italian seasoning? Too vague. Old cloves, yes, bung some of them in. Sage? Nah, sage is for pork, ah I could do pork tomorrow, little bit of pork... Son-of-a-bitch!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

What are you going on about? Sometimes your rants lose me completely!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Cliffy's on the sauce again...

Anyway, the picture did have something entertaining for me, the CNN guy is obviously struggling with all the toys there. Notice how none of the figures except for Animated Megs (who hasn't been touched) are transformed properly? The CNN hates, HATES these violent toys!

... because they're smarter than he is.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Listen to me: I am not prejudiced, alrigh? That’s what I’m saying - I am not prejudiced. But Joe Public is. You probably are, you look like a dropout. Point being, I wrote this to heal Britain
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

:derailed:
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Has anyone actually watched this video. TFormers has just reported that it says that the Animated toys will be "rolling out now." Maybe they'll be out quicker than we thought.
Preda

Post by Preda »

That would be really great,although I have no money right now xD Hope it is the same for Europe,can't wait to get those figures...and I hope that there will be more figures at my local stores,all they had in the last few weeks was Cybertron Scattorshot and some Scouts and Deluxes from the movie,but of course those who do not interest anybody.But the cartoon is confirmed for Germany,maybe I'll get the chance to get all the figures I want from that line.That never happened before,since Beast Wars.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Doubt it'll be much before Easter, really... this is the time of year for stock-taking, and stores don't move very quickly even if Hasbro want to push things forward.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

The guy in the video does indeed say that, but I kinda doubt his validity. Did anyone else notice how he refers to the toys as the new animated toys, and then proceeds to pick up movie line merchandise and show it off? Would have thought if they were going to refer to the new merch as Animated stuff they would have at least shown it up close. Also..Bulkhead looks a bit odd with that globular helmet looking thing on his head.