[RID,UT] Powerlinx

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Orion1
Protoform

Powerlinx

Post by Orion1 »

Could someone explain something for me please? Whenever 2 characters powerlinked, what was the reason for it? Say for instance Hotshot powerlinked with Prowl, so Hotshot was the upper torso section. Would it have made any difference if Prowl was the top section? I know it's fun taking 2 of the toys and powerlinking them, so you can make different combinations, and see which 2 'bots look cool when combined.

"No matter the distance"
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Re: Powerlinx

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Orion1
Could someone explain something for me please? Whenever 2 characters powerlinked, what was the reason for it? Say for instance Hotshot powerlinked with Prowl, so Hotshot was the upper torso section. Would it have made any difference if Prowl was the top section? I know it's fun taking 2 of the toys and powerlinking them, so you can make different combinations, and see which 2 'bots look cool when combined.

I always thought it made the the Autobots more powerful by combining the powers of both Autobots.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Overall, it was supposed to be two bots combining into a more powerful form. The bot acting as "the shirt" was definitely in charge. In your example, I'm not sure there would be too much of a difference except, I guess, Hot Shot has more experience and would be better left in charge than Prowl. I know one show they have Ironhide and Jetfire switch off so an injured Jetfire could escape a cave or something. Apparently, during this switch, the combined form gained the ability to fly.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Mega Starscream
Protoform

Post by Mega Starscream »

it was to sell the toys:D
Civ

<--- This means that I'm just teasing you.

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Mega Starscream
it was to sell the toys:D

Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Well,if you want some nice prespective on what the powerlinking was supposed to mean on the show i suggest you read some of the Japanese bios. I'll try to find some and edit this post.
As posted in a magazine scan,and credited to both google for searching needs and http://www.tfpulp.com.

Original page:

http://www.tfpulp.com/articles/tvm/04-07/07_04.html

Superlink Hotshot: Hotshot Superlinked as the upper half, and Inferno the lower. Power and speed are both boosted, and potential attack methods are increased in number.

Double Impact: Funneling both their strength into one, weapon power increases, along with damage output.

Superlink Inferno: Inferno Superlinked as the upper half, and Hotshot the lower. Capable of simultaneous firing of various cannons, firepower is hugely increased.

Hellstorm: Simultaneous discharge of the rear-mounted Backfires, as well as the High Landform on either arm

Superlink Roadbuster: Roadbuster Superlinked as the top half, with Skyfire as the bottom. Using increased mobility, he shows his strength by rushing full-on into foes.

Giant Knuckle: While running at top speed, he powers into and smashes foes. So fast that those struck don’t even perceive it.

Superlink Skyfire: Skyfire Superlinked as the top half, with Roadbuster as the bottom. Flight speed increases drastically, as does firepower.

Plasma Tornado: The power of Skyfire’s Plasma Laser is increased hugely via combination.

Superlink Rodimus Convoy: Rodimus Superlinked as the upper half, with Red Alert as the lower. Range of attack expands, with kick attacks as a particularly strong point.

Photon Supreme: A Superlinked special attack enabling multidirectional missiles from both shoulder cannons.

That's what he has.

Also noted, when Downshift was perticipating on his first fights(the ep with Inferno fighting his Decepticon programing) he combined with both Hotshot and Inferno(one at a time of course) and boosted their speed.

Edit2: Well, here are some other translations that make more sense:

Super Link Hotshot: Hotshot forms the upper half, and Inferno the lower. His speed increases such that he can tear across the battlefield.

Super Link Inferno: Inferno forms the upper half, and Hotshot the lower. Firepower improves considerably

Super Link Roadbuster: Roadbuster forms the upper half, and Skyfire the lower. Capable of formidable mid-air attacks.

Super Link Skyfire: Skyfire forms the upper half, and Roadbuster the lower. His air speed is increased by a great margin.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

Thanks dedicon
"No matter the distance"
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Edited :)
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

Thanks for the info mate. I've got the Rodimus and Hotshot toys, and I've used Hotshot for the upper half, and Rodimus for the lower half, when the legs are straight, he leans back slightly, and looks like he's going to fall backwards. Any hints on how to make it more steady?
"No matter the distance"
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

He leans back because of Hotshot's entire front part of the car serves as a backpack. Best way to remedy that would be to pose him dynamically and not having him sit straight...
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

D'oh!, good idea Knightdramon, thanks:cool:
"No matter the distance"
Mega Starscream
Protoform

Re: <--- This means that I'm just teasing you.

Post by Mega Starscream »

Originally posted by Civ

hey, if there's anything i can do, its point out stuff people already know:D
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

I've just linked Rodimus and Inferno, with Rodimus as the top half, I can't get Rodimus to hold Inferno's weapon, I've tried the weapon in both hands, any suggestions?
"No matter the distance"
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I don't own inferno, but I can tell you this:

Every energon figure has the same size of fists. In other words, if Rodimus can hold a weapon, so can Jetfire, Optimus, Megatron and Starscream.

Upon some observation, I've noticed that inferno's weapon has a big protrusion to fit on his wrist. Maybe that's not the holster of the weapon for powerlink mode?
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

I'm pretty sure I'm using the right peg, I'll check later.
"No matter the distance"