Latest TRU re-issues

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Skyswipe
Protoform

Latest TRU re-issues

Post by Skyswipe »

Has anybody else picked up Skywarp and Red Alert yet?

Some minor complaints:

Skywarp's wings don't fit the holes very well and his missles are ridiculously long, but I'm tickled to finally have one after nearly 20 years.

Red Alert's legs don't push in all the way, which I didn't realize until after I had the decals applied. :wall: It's not too bad and maybe I can fix it.

All in all, I'm happy with my latest aquisitions. :smokin:
"You know what? You can take all these Beast Machines, Beast Wars, and all the rest of them and shove them up your tailpipe. Optimus Prime is not a damn dirty ape and Megatron, Soundwave and Starscream are not "Destrongers" or "Predacons" they are DECEPTICONS and may any who say otherwise burn in the fiery pits beneath Cybertron where wicked Transformers are melted down into slag." - OldSchool80sKid

Yeah!! What he said!
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

I bought a Red Alert yesterday from amazon.com, along with Armada Prime & Jetfire and the Season 2 boxsets (parts 1 & 2).

But I'll have to wait for 3 weeks to get them.... :(

I wont be able to pay for those until August (I used my father's credit card) and i have to start gathering some money to buy other TF stuff I want (takara inferno reissue, hasbro hoist reissue, beast wars season 1 boxset, g1 season 3 part 1 boxset, vintage mirage & hound, etc.)

So I am in a complicated position... I guess I gotta find a new job. :)
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I am in Columbia SC for 2 days on business, and the local TRU has Prowl now.

I have the bookstyle, so I am not going to pick up the TRU one.

I got Jazz and Streak last month...but lately I have been thinking it is cheaper and I would get better stuff if I just stick with the book styles...

I get so ticked off when I look at the non firing missile launchers for my Streak, and then hit him with the missiles from my Prowl..heheheheehe, got to love Japanese precision engineering!
Skyswipe
Protoform

Post by Skyswipe »

I was quite surprised to find that Skywarp's launchers really launch. I don't know about Thundercracker since I already had him.

I put the launchers from my Takara Prowl on TRU Streak. They look better since his body is monotone color anyway.
"You know what? You can take all these Beast Machines, Beast Wars, and all the rest of them and shove them up your tailpipe. Optimus Prime is not a damn dirty ape and Megatron, Soundwave and Starscream are not "Destrongers" or "Predacons" they are DECEPTICONS and may any who say otherwise burn in the fiery pits beneath Cybertron where wicked Transformers are melted down into slag." - OldSchool80sKid

Yeah!! What he said!
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I picked up Red Alert and Skywarp today from the post office. I have to say that having never owned a Skywarp that I'am a little let down with the figure. Not nearly living up to the hype that the fanboys heep on him. Thundercracker is truly the best of the G1 jets as he has the best color scheme. His wings fit fine and he has the longer missiles.

Red Alert is a cool figure I still have my 80's one. I forgot that the spoilers come off they come off pretty easily with this one. The spring is removed from his launcher so the missiles do not fire.

Skyswipe you need Anime Streak.;)
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Anime Streak kicks ass. That's the one I have, as well as the Japanese Prowl. The only TRU I've seen that is the same as the Japanese reissue is Hot Rod. (I'd Heard PM Prime was the same too) The rest have been retooled some way.

Get Japanese booked items. They're better, more precise....just better.

TRU stuff is simply more convenient in most cases. Nearly the same price, and it's been 'toyed' with. You simply have a store much nearer to you. Maybe.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Pun-3X
Yeah, and now, they're starting to come with little extras that make them better, and they're starting to have painted on decals! :)
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Pun-3X
Anime Streak kicks ass. That's the one I have, as well as the Japanese Prowl. The only TRU I've seen that is the same as the Japanese reissue is Hot Rod. (I'd Heard PM Prime was the same too) The rest have been retooled some way.

TRU stuff is simply more convenient in most cases. Nearly the same price, and it's been 'toyed' with. You simply have a store much nearer to you. Maybe.

I'm not setting any rules for reissues, meself... I'm not overly attached to the Takara boxes as having original, decent versoins of Skids, Tracks, Inferno and Smokescreen, plus hating Meistar & Starscream & Megatron [and only really being interested in the cab of Convoy, which again I have] I'm not after a nice layout... I've got Takara Prowl & Anime Streak [who does rock - Prowl is scarily stiff though], and Hasbro Hot Rod, and plan to get Hasbro Red Alert [hopefully the relatively obscure character will deter scalpers], a Soundwave [I'm going to bide my time on him, because I can't think of anything Hasbro will alter and want to avoid online stores giving a mark-up on the Takara ones what with all the hype].... If my finances go up a bit, I'll hunt down Crosscut, Clampdown and maybe Road Rage, get a Hasbro Hoist and if they come out in the book series* maybe a Ratchet out of curiousity... the one I really want to see is Hound, as he's got all those dinky accessories that cost three or four times the amount of the figure, and there's something darling about him despite the arms and platforms. Oh, and probably a Mirage as mine has seen better days. And definately a Sunstreaker, and if they do one [which I expect they will], the Premium based on the #3 Car Robo [http://tfdatabase.com/toys/pretf/diaclo ... obo.html#3], even though it's a pretty ass robot mode.

* = A thought just struck me about the book series and Ratchet/Ironhide. What the Hell are they going to do about the art? Against form, Dollars Wanted use the Romita [I'll believe Floro Delicatessan when I see some actual proof] models, and sticking them on the front would be openly taking the piss, even if all the fans know the truth. It'd be nice if they did some kind of PVC head that could slot into the seat behind the windshield, I'd probably actually want the pair if they did.

On-topic? What's that? This is much more fun...
Skyswipe
Protoform

Post by Skyswipe »

originally posted by Cliffjumper

It'd be nice if they did some kind of PVC head that could slot into the seat behind the windshield, I'd probably actually want the pair if they did.

I would be all over them if that were to happen. :smokin:

Yeah!! What he said!
Brentamus Prime
Protoform

Post by Brentamus Prime »

Yesterday i bought Rodimus major from my local Toys R Us in Melbourne, Victoria - Australia and i was very pleased with it. It transoforms ok and looks great im palnning on getting some others including Optimus and Ultra Magnus and i hope that they will be as good as my Rodimus.

Now I will be one with the MaTrIx!!!!