Hey Hound, Marc Silvestri IS coming back to X-Men!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
BigMaki
Protoform

Hey Hound, Marc Silvestri IS coming back to X-Men!

Post by BigMaki »

Go here, be happy.

http://previews.diamondcomics.com/produ ... wxmen.html

You mean, Wolverine survives being cooked in the sun during NXM #148? Who would have guessed? ;)
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

YAY!. I've always loved Silvestri. A quality artist and top bloke. I hope he stay's.
RID Scourge

Re: Hey Hound, Marc Silvestri IS coming back to X-Men!

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by BigMaki
You mean, Wolverine survives being cooked in the sun during NXM #148? Who would have guessed? ;)

Now that's just ridiculous. Sure he's got a healing factor, but it can't be that good.
RBison
Protoform

Post by RBison »

Its probably The Phoenix that saved them ;)

Anyway, I thought that everybody knew about Silverstri? Its been said in the Wizard a few times now. Doesn't matter, I just hoped that it won't be all hype and then when we get to read it, it is totall :wall:
Hound

Post by Hound »

Well we know the art will be spectacular! I hope Morrison belted out a good one for this, yay!!!
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by RBison
Anyway, I thought that everybody knew about Silverstri? Its been said in the Wizard a few times now.

I believe Hound mentioned it a while back, and then we all heard nothing for a while and just kind of assumed that it fell through, I think. I don't read Wizard, so this was the first official thing I'd seen of it. Especially since Marvel's site is never updated anymore...

Pretty cool that they got somebody that high-profile to be on Morrisson's last story arc.
Raiden
Protoform

Post by Raiden »

Alan Silvesti is awesome! I hope he'll stay after Morrison is gone (another @#$% who signed an exclusive contract with DC :mad: ).
Hound

Post by Hound »

It's Marc, not Alan, and he's only doing 6 issues I think. Silvestri has a comic company to run, I doubt regular monthly work is an option for him, though Larsen seems to have no trouble...
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I never cared for Marc Silvestri's art. It always looks like he was copying Jim Lee to me.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
RBison
Protoform

Post by RBison »

Originally posted by Hound
It's Marc, not Alan, and he's only doing 6 issues I think. Silvestri has a comic company to run, I doubt regular monthly work is an option for him, though Larsen seems to have no trouble...

Yeah, but Larsen doesn't really have high profile books and Savage Dragon isn't what it used to be. :(

Anyway, you people also know that Salvador Larroca is coming back to Uncanny? and does anybody know who is going to take over New X-men as a writer?
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
I never cared for Marc Silvestri's art. It always looks like he was copying Jim Lee to me.

Ha. As I recall Marc actually started out in mainstream comics before jim Lee.His style was always similkar, though previously it was more fluid rather than solid.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Yeah, actually some of Silvestri's work on Uncanny was just as or even more impressive than Lee's and certainly better than Lee's first few issues of Uncanny.

I've never thought that Silvestri was imitating Lee and don't even see it looking at their work now. Silvestri's art is much darker and grittier than Lee's. Lee draws very slick and clean, his rendering makes everything look shiny. Not so with Silvestri...
Image Image
Do they really look all that similar?